WC costume helmets

HurriKane

Spaceman
Does anyone know where I can get one of those cool confed helmets in wc 3,4,p, and so? Does anyone make them that I can buy?

As far as I remember those were just refitted motorcycle helmets.
I think there were even some pictures of the original helmets here on the CIC some years ago.

I'll see what I can find...

btw: from what you can see on pictures you would be a little disappointed how bad some of the stuff used for the cutscenes looks in real life. That's true for most stage props.

EDIT:
Here is one: https://cdn.wcnews.com/newershots/full/jhat-1.jpg
But I'm sure someone can provide us with better pics, maybe we can build one. I have to find my old motorcycle helmet. It was white I think...

Last edited by a moderator:
They are, indeed, motorcycle helmets with a plastic 'face' piece glued to them. I have a Wing Commander III/IV helmet and can take pictures if needed (there are various other little details, too, but nothing outrageous--like a metal nameplate affixed to the back).

I know the Star Wars fandom is very into casting Stormtrooper armor, so maybe that's something we could look into. I would certainly be happy to let someone come take a mold of my prop if it meant we could make helmet kits for everyone--but I have no idea where you start with something like that! I'm thinking with a single piece it probably isn't that expensive, we just need someone with the know-how to do it.

That would be great if someone could make a mold or copy somehow of LOAF's helmet. As he already stated, we'd have to find someone that could do it properly. I'd be more than willing to shell out the dough for one of those helmets!

Back