WC Collection

Jibbo

Rear Admiral
Since I was cleaning and organizing my basement today, I grabbed a couple shots of my WC collection and thought I might share the images. There's nothing too exotic here, and I'm missing a quite a few items, but I thought I'd post it anyways. Here's an invitation for everyone else to share a picture or two of their collection.

(And no, one can never have enough copies of WC2)

Nice, but not shocking. A slight fetish for WC2 it seems ;)
Where is the Kilrathi Mask and Helmet? Where is the Pilgrim Cross? Tssssk... ;)

Very nice collection!! I envy you, too :) I only got the games, the series, the movie and the "Wing Commander Prohpecy Strategy guide".

Expendable said:
But why do you have so many WC2's?

Totally, between him and Reid, it seems they own a percentage of the WC2 CD-ROM run.

Am I the only person that only has one copy of each WC game that he/she owns?

Actually, I take that back . . . I have two versions of WC2 (dos delux, then KS), 3 of WC1 (dos diskette, dos cd, then KS) and WC3 (dos cd, then KS).

But I've lost all of my old copies of stuff, 'cept the dos diskettes of wc1.

I wish I had as many copies of WC2 as Chris. For the sake of collecting, I take note of variations in the content an packaging (eg, differences in the blue system requirement sticker, some versions included the speech pack, etc.) WC2s are fairly plentiful. I was able to find four copies at used book stores here and there.

A question though, does anyone know when WC2 manuals were printed with the red covers? It seems all the boxed disk versions I have don't use a fancy cover.

I think the items I fancy the most in my collection are the WC1/Ultima VI and WC2/Ultima Underworld. I have mostly everything I need except for the WC3 film canister, KS, End Run, all of the strategy guides and the rest of the action figures. I can't be too bothered to collect all of the foreign items.

For the sake of collecting, here is a spreadsheet that I put together when I was sorting it all out a couple weeks ago:

wcstuff.xls

nice collection.... I wish I had as much, alas, i only have the dos 5 1/4 WC1, dos 3 1/2 WC2 WITH the Speech Pack! :), WC1 & 2 CD-ROM which includes the secret missions, and special ops. WC3, WC4, Prophecy, & Prophecy Gold. I shamefully admit, I've never played Privateer, but I'd like to If I can find a copy someday. LOL, I'll probably have to build an old 486 or pentium 1 just to play it! :) BTW Jibbo, I like the liquor collection there in the corner too... is that Kahlua and Crown Royal? :)

A question though, does anyone know when WC2 manuals were printed with the red covers? It seems all the boxed disk versions I have don't use a fancy cover.

The red (and blue, there's a blue one too) covers are for the CD Deluxe and the CD OEM versions. The original version doesn't have a manual like that - it has a separate playguide and Joan's Update.

Back