WC:CD "Orca" Destroyer Progress

JasonRocZ

Vice Admiral
I haven't posted anything in about a month but I wanted everyone to know that the project is going as planned.

Alright So I've finally gotten into the Nephilim Ships (about time right?). I do not believe that I will be really changing any capship models themselves just because purely it's a pain to do, but maybe just the Textures to a little higher res and also a little more colorful, I was also thinking in making some type of larger cannons on the Nephilim ships but then again I might not, (I mean hell I've put 4 Plunkett Turrets on Midway Class) along with some other types of rinky dink things to make it look like it's been around for awhile.. I just might put more turrets (Masers) on some of the Nephilim ships which is probably the route I'll go Also make the Maser range at leas 2000-3000 more. I'm not really going to post up any in the Vision Engine until I get my other computer back (Moved), This laptop I'm using isn't all it's cracked up to be.

But anyways I've included some 3d model shots and changed the textures a little bit. Let me know what you think. I've included the original "Orca" class destroyer and also the updated that I've done the textures to.

Again let me know what you think I can't stress that enough, I mean without the thoughts from the community what kind of project would this be. I plan on creating a few Nephilim ships (Fighters/Bombers/etc...) after I get going on updating all the textures on the capships. Similar to the Puffer type ship....Something new.

Attachments

• OrigOrc01.jpg
    OrigOrc01.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 67
  • OrigOrc02.jpg
    OrigOrc02.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 64
  • OrigOrc03.jpg
    OrigOrc03.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 51
And here's the Updated....Check the colors... and a little more sharp too

Attachments

• UpDOrc01.jpg
    UpDOrc01.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 64
  • UpDOrc02.jpg
    UpDOrc02.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 66
  • UpDOrc03.jpg
    UpDOrc03.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 60
Alright here's a little bit different variation. It's strange because all this looks the same to me So I'm going to have to find something totally different to apply to these ships. But anyhow here's a few different shots.

Attachments

• upd1.jpg
    upd1.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 66
  • upd2.jpg
    upd2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 45
  • upd3.jpg
    upd3.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 52
Hey Jason

I had a thought about this: would it be easy enough to patch your high-res Nephilim textures into Prophecy, giving it another graphics boost on top of HCI's work?

I'm playing Prophecy through right now (I got impatient and shot ahead of the WC Replay Weeks) and I noticed that the Midway, Confed fighters, bombers and TCS Redeemer are all quite nicely textured, while the Nephilim capships do look a little iffy (by modern standards of course) close up. I'm guessing a dose of your new textures could do something about that.

I'm guessing a dose of your new textures could do something about that.

Aren't these textures extracted from the game, though? They shouldn't be any different.

I have 1.5 gigs of 'movie model' textures from Prophecy, if anyone is interested in figuring out how they work... managed to extract that from a tape recently.

It would definitely be cool to have the cutscene quality textures ingame. It would be great If the the cutscene models could be added too. Since we can already play the dvd quality videos, Prophecy could end up almost looking like a modern game.

Back