WC:CD "Artemis"

JasonRocZ

Vice Admiral
As confirmed in a previous thread this ship is now to be namaed the Artemis Class. Which in turn the first ship of it's class would be named "Artemis" if I'm following name nomanclature. I was thinking on CVS-70, It is to be a dreadnought and I haven't been able to get it into the vision engine as of yet but I have modded it a bit in certain areas.

The original post on this began here >>http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=23283

Then continued here>>
http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=23320

And now with a few modifications since then and undoubtadly there will be more, here's more on the ship see below. The first 3 images are just there to show a few different things...engine intakes, size changes, etc...the 4 image is a shot looking from out the bridge, and the last image is with no lighting effects (except the turrets came out wierd) Keep in mind the turrets that will be on the ship are those that are within secret Ops and not the ones you see here) Enjoy and if there are any changes that you think should be made

Attachments

• Artemis01.jpg
    Artemis01.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Artemis02.jpg
    Artemis02.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Artemis03.jpg
    Artemis03.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 147
  • Artemis04.jpg
    Artemis04.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Artemis05.jpg
    Artemis05.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 162
do you mean this T.C CGI? for the tappering of those runway thingymabobers?

Attachments

• artemis03.jpg
    artemis03.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 122
I fixed a few of the lighting things, diffuse,specular,emissive,etc...

Attachments

• artemis04.jpg
    artemis04.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 107
Uh...I know it's like, a heavy hitter, like the Plunkett, but seriously...the amount of turrets on that thing is overwhelming. And most of them seem like that have firing arcs that are just...confusing.

Like the ones posted on the "inside" of the fins - that area is already covered by the turret placed right between the two, what's the point of those two additional turrets?

Also the four turrets down the side of the ship just seem superflous. I can see two on each side, maybe, but four on each side? I know it's supposed to be a heavy hitter but...yeah. The fact that they're out of line with each other confuses me greatly as well.

I'd like to see a shot of the bottom - in my opinion there should be at least as many turrets there as there are on the 'tail' of the ship.

I think you're going to have a problem with all those turrets in game, though. There are enough of them that it would take 20 or 30 fighters swarming the ship to do it any damage. If you look at a scramble mission to defend the ship you have 6-12 friendly fighters, the capital ship, then you add in 20 or 30 fighters, easily matched by the friendly fighters...so you increase the enemy fighters so they can attack the ship while the player is still fighting it's way through the enemy fighters...and yeah, you have a really large dogfight, which would be really cool, but at some point you're going to overwhelm the player with to much going on at the same time.

To be honest I hadn't put much thought into the turret placement haha....except for the Main guns. The other turrets had just been placed there just for show. So in regard to turret placement really. I'm going to post up a few pics 1 being the top and one being the bottom. I'm interested on where you think turrets should go, as I havent' really put much thought into the placement only to stick em on there :) see below.... May just circle them in paint or something. It just make a decent size dot where you think they should be. I've attached about 5 image so if you see one side or whatever I'll just duplict to the other side....and also I'll find the So-Turrets somewhere. so the ones there seem so out of place.

Attachments

• guns05.jpg
    guns05.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 91
  • guns04.jpg
    guns04.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 92
  • guns03.jpg
    guns03.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 104
  • guns02.jpg
    guns02.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 97
  • guns01.jpg
    guns01.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 103
Here's a version with a different paint scheme

Attachments

• art01.jpg
    art01.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 137
  • art02.jpg
    art02.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 109
In response to the smaller mounting bases....Yes they are smaller in the vision engine if you actually look at the 2 smaller turrets in the front those are actually the exact same ones that are in the vision engine (So/ Prophecy Turrets) and they are as one unit :)

haha I was hoping people didn't think it was the same person...that would make just make me look nuts...Plus that's alot of posting between the two of us which would mean I'd be on here 24/7 :)

Alright well I've totally went back to doing this design and have changed the **** outta this thing. Having the 4 Plasma Turrets was a bit overkill... Also redid the engines and got rid of the Confederation class engines & used a few design ideas from the WC3 Destroyer and the Indomitable class... I haven't added any turrets because quite frankly it takes too long to place like 15-20 of the things hehe...But leave some comments tell me what you think. I redid alot of the textures and also texture placement which was a big problem on the previous model.

Attachments

• Artemis01.jpg
    Artemis01.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Artemis02.jpg
    Artemis02.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Artemis03.jpg
    Artemis03.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Artemis04.jpg
    Artemis04.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Artemis05.jpg
    Artemis05.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 91
A few Components I still have to make are the Shield Generator.....The Hanger...maybe an Antenna or 2....and a bunch of details to the base mesh...But it's movin along..

Back