WC books

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
I'm probably just behind the times, or amnesiac, or smoking to much basil and nutmeg. But I was reading the False Colors section on the main page and in the Q&A part of it the author's talk about two other books in the works.
Does anybody know what they were about and what happened to them?

Andrew Keith died. That kinda hinders your ability to write books. Also Baen aren't interested in WC books any more.

Originally posted by Cpl Hades
Andrew Keith died. That kinda hinders your ability to write books.

I was going to make some sort of joke about ghost writing a book... but then I realized it wouldn't be in the best of taste!

Why didn't Forstchen go solo with the stories, or even bringing in Ben Ohlander or Christopher Stasheff?

These people don't all work in an office together and have the option to "bring in" other authors for various jobs. :) Forstchen is quite an accomplished writer with a lot of stuff on his plate. What they (being Harper Prism, not Baen) was willing to pay him for the WC Movie books was far below what he makes now.. and at this point Baen WC books would probably be similar. He's said that he's moved on. He has his own series (one of those funky civil war cavalry on an alien planet deals) and does his own thing.

Originally posted by TC
I was going to make some sort of joke about ghost writing a book... but then I realized it wouldn't be in the best of taste!

Oh, Oh, any one remember that show on PBS Ghostwriter? What was up with that, I mean, was he really a ghost?
The world may never know.

Originally posted by Morphine420
Oh, Oh, any one remember that show on PBS Ghostwriter? What was up with that, I mean, was he really a ghost?
The world may never know.

You made me sad. :(

Back