wc 4 (staying on confed)

Who wouldn't, after reading that? Methinks anyone who wanted to fly with Confed would regret it. I know that I wish the 'Attack Tolwyn' option you get at the end was that you break his jaw. I know I'd want to, consequences be damned.

Also is you wait too long when you enter the Senate, you get arrested and Paladin won't listen to you

ian_hawdon said:
is the "7th" disk on the dvd version?

Gee I hope not. Anyone who wants that to happen is not kosha.

TopGun said:
Also is you wait too long when you enter the Senate, you get arrested and Paladin won't listen to you

You mean if you choose not to rush in, or if you wait to long to decide whether or not to rush in?

Haesslich said:
No. WC4 has a drunk ending, where you end up like the guy at the Nephele bar who asked Seether and you for money. :D
Oh yeah; now I recall it - saw it as I was going thru the WC4 movies on the (dbl-sided) DVD version.
Thx.

"1) Blair fails before reaching the defection choice -> Blair is 'retired' by Admiral Tolwyn and is left to mope in that seedy Nephele bar.

2) Blair fails while flying for the BW -> Confed execution

3) Blair convinces Council to vote against war (Panther) -> Flight Trainer

4) Blair convinces Council to vote against war (Hawk) -> Admiral"

I never did figure out exactly what the trigger was to get the endings between 3 and 4. I've seen both, but I did several things differently.

I think the main one is whether or not you use the flashpack on civillians, but basically if you side with Hawk or Panther more, you get the Black lance\Flight Instructor ending.

Aren't there only two 'Hawks right/Panthers right' choices? What happens if you choose Hawk once and Panther once?

Benjamin said:
Aren't there only two 'Hawks right/Panthers right' choices? What happens if you choose Hawk once and Panther once?

The flashpack on civvies is one. I think choosing the mission to get weapons or save people is the other big choice. But I'm pretty sure it's whoever has the highest morale. Like, if you side with Hawk on the flashpack and weapons, and in scenes with Panther such as when she complains to you about Maniac you choose he's on he's own, yu're pretty much guarenteed the ending where Blair becomes Tolwyn. If you side with Panther on the two important decisions, and think that Hawk is a bitter guy, then you're safe to get the flight instructor ending.

Too bad there wasn't an ending where you could HELP Tolwyn. I just wanted to see Blair fly with the BL and see how it turned out. And yes, I know there's an ending with an "evil" Blair, but I want one where he joins up with Tolwyn.

I think, secretly, we all hoped for that ending. Where the ending scene was of Blair in a Dragon doing a canister drop on Earth. . . . then a flash-forward about two hundred years, where we see a statue of Tolwyn, made of gold, with the inscription

"Tolwyn: Forefather, Visionary, Genius, Savior of Mankind"

You can have that ending. I prefer the contrast of philosophies, the Martin Luther King vs Malcom X that was demostrated throughout the game. Plus, we do see some redemption of Tolwyn in this storyline.

Any choice involving Panther and/or Hawk affects whether you become a flight trainer or an admiral, but clearly choices like using the Flash-Pak on Ella and choosing between Circe and Speradon have greater effect.

My theory is that Circe/Speradon and Ella are the big decisions. If you side with one character on both choices, then your ending is guaranteed. If you split the issue, then the game goes down to the little decisions, like "hoping Eisen gets to the right people," or telling Maniac to chill out, or calling Hawk a bitter guy.
2 big decisions, 3 lesser ones. I never really see the Black Lance ending though. I like to go to Speradon for some Bearcats, but then I like to keep the flashpak for the vesuvius. One and one, but then I always side with Panther on the lesser ones, cause she's pretty. :)

Back