wc 4 (staying on confed)

ian_hawdon

Rear Admiral
hi i have compleated the game once

but i am now tring to play with out going to the border worlds

i am on the level where you have to blow up the intrepid but once it's gone 4 avngers uncloke and blow up the lexington

can any one help :(

You can't finish WCIV without defecting to the Border Worlds... you can only choose wheter to do it in the first or on the second opportunities you get.

there must be a way (i have dvd version of wc4 and i checked movies on the other side and blair was on the lexinton!)

Nope. There may be movies from before defection that you didn't see. You have to defect, because that's how the story goes. If you don't defect, you lose. Simple as that.

ian_hawdon said:
there must be a way (i have dvd version of wc4 and i checked movies on the other side and blair was on the lexinton!)

If you stay on but fail, you get the drunk ending, IIRC. Or else you get shot, if you screw up horribly enough. :D

The game doesn't give you a choice of whether you defect - it's just a matter of 'when'. This is for story purposes, since you're supposed to discover this plot against the Confederation and then stop it, hero boy. :D

I think you can get the "drunk" ending as soon as you fail the "rescue bioconvergence scientist" mission... A little contrived, if you ask me.

You can stay on Confed as long as you like... ;)

However if you do, the plot will either have you fired from Confed (screw up a mission) or stranded in space (Lexington blows up)

I may have to install wc4 again and try those. That's funny. I'd love to see blair getting fired. I don't fail missions, so I've never seen those, except the Lexington getting blown up.

overmortal said:
I may have to install wc4 again and try those. That's funny. I'd love to see blair getting fired. I don't fail missions, so I've never seen those, except the Lexington getting blown up.

You can get fired on literally - by failing to defect the second time, and then screwing up the escape. :D

Fuckin hell. And people still don't think Tolwyn has similarities to Hitler? Jesus Christ, I'd say that even beats out the lose ending to Secret Missions. I'm gonna struggle to not have nightmares after that one.

Mincemeat said:
You can stay on Confed as long as you like...
Translation: "as long as you like" = as long as the game will tolerate your being there = not very long...

Haesslich said:
If you stay on but fail, you get the drunk ending, IIRC. Or else you get shot, if you screw up horribly enough. :D
Um, ain't the "drunk" ending the one from WC3?...

Preacher said:

No.

WC3 Endings:

1) You and Flint
2) You and Rachel
3) You alone

4) You die or stranded after the first fight against Thrakhath

A)1+2+3+ Confed wins
B) 4+Kilrathi wins

Preacher said:

No. WC4 has a drunk ending, where you end up like the guy at the Nephele bar who asked Seether and you for money. :D

Did he ask Seether did he? From memory, the drunk ending has him working on farm equipment after Tolwyn pretty much retires him, only that it won't work, and he looks up to the sky knowing that he was grounded for good.

I think that's just from the script.

AFAIK, there are four FMV endings in the game:
  1. Blair fails before reaching the defection choice -> Blair is 'retired' by Admiral Tolwyn and is left to mope in that seedy Nephele bar.
  2. Blair fails while flying for the BW -> Confed execution
  3. Blair convinces Council to vote against war (Panther) -> Flight Trainer
  4. Blair convinces Council to vote against war (Hawk) -> Admiral

Back