WC: 4 Question

matthew954

Spaceman
Ok, now im not entirely sure this is the right forum for this question but..... I need some help with the Playstation version of Wing Commander 4. This is really just a mission question, if anyone knows exactly what im talking about. Ok, here goes. The Intrepid is just outside the Axius system. Blair and 2 wingmen set out in 3 Dragons to infiltrate the system. Heres the problem, When I get to the jump point there are 2 Dragons already there and when I have to shoot them down they are too far ahead of me and jump out. Then the Intrepid is attacked and destroyed. Ive been playing the mission over and over again and cant catch up to them in time. If any of you guys whove played the Playstation version and know what part of the game im talking about please help.

I never played the PS version but I do know that you have to get to that waypoint cloacked. So the dragons don't spot you and you can sneak up to them. Usually I cloak at mission start, follow the waypoint sneak up to them get a missile lock and put a shitload of missilles on their tail.

Hope it helps.

a well timed mace also can help in slowing down the dragons....they have to be destroyed for you to successfully complete the mission

Dishwasher said:
I never played the PS version but I do know that you have to get to that waypoint cloacked. So the dragons don't spot you and you can sneak up to them. Usually I cloak at mission start, follow the waypoint sneak up to them get a missile lock and put a shitload of missilles on their tail.

You're already flying a Dragon, so you don't need to Cloak, but you do have to work very fast to take out the Dragons.

I got the PS version of wing commander 4 and there ws two options. One was to take them out quickly as what Chris Reid mention the second option is before jumping into the system cloak first and them jump then while in the axius system you can fly past and land on the base withouth hassle

the choice is yours

Back