Was Maestro Maniac's Replacement?

The Shadow

Spaceman
I remember the first time i played through WCP and in the cut-scenes with Maestro i couldnt help but think..... "oh no, now there are two comic reliefs". i have tended to notice in movies that there is usually only one main "funny guy" in a movie and was worried that the new, younger maestro was gonna replace Maniac. I was glad to see that Maniac wasnt killed off in WCP but i had a bad feeling that with Hawk dying, Blair disappearing (presumed dead), Vagabond dying in WC4, and Tolwyn committing suicide that slowly Origin was bringing closure to the original WC games by killing them off and making way for the new Prophecy games.... what do you all think?

That is an interseting point but then if that was so why have a bunch of new characters to mabey start enjoying as much as the old ones?

I think it was probably because there was a new guy in charge instead of Roberts and that maybe they wanted younger characters to perhaps capture a young market?

Its kinda like Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation.... they wanted younger/new actors and a new angle on an already successfull concept. Who knows!

The idea behind Prophecy was to re-introduce the series... the old characters were kept around to transition longtime fans, but the idea was that we were going to start following a *new* crew...

'Old'??? In the physical way? I mean the characters could have been introduced better...but mostly they were young. So I don't understand why 'old'...

Old as in its been years since the last WC game :)

Actually thats a bad thing :( Physically, not old at all, its just been a long time between drinks as they say...

I guess the theory was they wanted to launch Wing Commander:The next geneartion with Casey and the crew but it ended up badly.

Personally I'd like to see a game going back set in WC 1-2 time but on a different ship, no-where near Blair.

But of course because of UO it ain't gonna happen

so how many of you guys have boy-cotted (i have no idea how you actually spell that, so i guessed) UO because you though it killed WC?

I don't like the fact that you pay money for their "wonderful product", then have to pay monthly charges, it's worse than an ISP.

You have to pay for a service -- if you just want to play the game you bought, you can use somebody's free server... but Origin has to pay for server upkeep and for people to coordinate in-game events.

Only complete idiots would boycot UO because they want another WC.

No, Mav, not directed at you -- just to the general populace who seems to believe that UO being succesful is why Origin isn't developing Wing Commander...

Back