Was Admiral Harnett...

Concordia

Swabbie
Banned
... a woman?

The name Elsa Harnett (as mentioned by Captain Paulsen) sounds like a woman's name.

-Concordia

Originally posted by Haesslich
He must've missed the parts in the novel about her killing herself to avoid being put on trial.

You would have to read the novel to miss it though, thats the problem... :p

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
More than one gender?! You must be crazy!

Yes, Admiral Harnett was a woman.

No, I'm just suprized. There currently aren't lots of women in the military, particularly ones with stars. In fact I can only recall one or two women in the Navy who made Admiral.

Of course WC takes place a long time in the future.

He must've missed the parts in the novel about her killing herself to avoid being put on trial.

I don't recall them saying "she" or "her". They said "Admiral Harnett suicided rather than face trial" or maybe it was "face court-martial"

-Concordia

Originally posted by Concordia
I don't recall them saying "she" or "her". They said "Admiral Harnett suicided rather than face trial" or maybe it was "face court-martial"

-Concordia [/B]

How about the 'would sell her own mother to get another star'?

How about the 'would sell her own mother to get another star'?

Actually, that was in referrence to Admiral Petranova :)

Any idea how old they both were? Petranova may have not been that old, because they said she was like another Tolwyn. Tolwyn was only like 41 or 42 when he was a RADM.

-Concordia

Some time ago, someone posted a full list of admirals,generals and other hi-ranks in WCUniverse. But I missed that list...:(
Where can I found that info?

Originally posted by Concordia
Any idea how old they both were? Petranova may have not been that old, because they said she was like another Tolwyn. Tolwyn was only like 41 or 42 when he was a RADM.
Except that we don't know for how long Tolwyn was a Rear Admiral, so it's not really a good way to measure age. Especially since Tolwyn seems to have been a Vice Admiral first, and then a Rear Admiral.

Back