Vista Problem

Linux? Is that the spawn of heaven OS that's the key to happiness? The one with zero vulnerabilities, 100% application support, the ability to travel through time? THAT linux?

Yeah, tried it once, then got rid of it while experimenting with something, and now it won't reinstall on a system that XP works fine (heck, it won't even use the Live CD functions properly). For all the hype about how linux is supposed to be the OS of choice for geeks, I'm still not seeing where I would use it on a desktop rather than a server. Besides the whole "it's more secure than windows which is a horribly coded OS" stuff; I rarely get infected, and have always stopped anything on my XP box, and Linux didn't bring anything new to the table over it. Actually, the last version of Ubuntu ran _slower_ than XP.

Which brings me to my other point, the 5,000 distros; can't Torvalds endorse one and just end this silliness already? Yeah, it gives us lots of options; it also divides things and makes it rough for newbie decisions.

Back