Virtual Reality Hamster Ball

Penta2 said:
If they modify it, that could have some very, very interesting therapeutic applications. Not for physical therapy, but it would be *excellent* for those with, say, social phobias, or even things like fear of flying.
I think it'll be great for claustrophobia :p.

We can Dance Dance over XBox Live now.

dc2004precon14t.jpg

dc2004precon15t.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by Penta2
Less smartass...
ChrisReid said:
I don't follow you.. to whom and what were you referring?
To me, Chris. Always to me.

I wonder when they build one to fit for a tank. That would be ridiculous.

And as fas as applications are concerned, why not set them up in gymns?

Damn that looks amazingly cool!
The one invention that could finally get me back into the FPS genre.

Wow. That's crazy. I would buy one of those before I bought a dance pad...probably...maybe...ah heck, who am I kidding. Dance pads are cheaper, and DDR will always be fun. So long as it's not one of those bendy plastic dance pads...bleh.

But yeah, Military likes training in video games and VR a lot more now than ever before. Maybe because it's popular?

Heh, those would be crazy...roaming around the city streets in a giant steel hamsterball that's almost impossible to destroy unless blown up. I wouldn't mind going around my city in one of those things...

people might think I'm crazy, but then again, they're probably right...

But isn't to whole point of DDR to dance in front of a lot of people, dance-duel with strangers, and lose to some random people?

Delance said:
But isn't to whole point of DDR to dance in front of a lot of people, dance-duel with strangers, and lose to some random people?

No, I would hate to do all of the above. I got it because it's a fun game to play with friends.

Question: What about the inertia of the ball when you get up to speed?

*Sprint sprint sprint*
"Dodge Left!"
*Tries to sidestep left - ball keeps going - fall*
"Pwnt."

Having said that, I still want one ;)

ZekeSulastin said:
Question: What about the inertia of the ball when you get up to speed?

*Sprint sprint sprint*
"Dodge Left!"
*Tries to sidestep left - ball keeps going - fall*
"Pwnt."

Having said that, I still want one ;)

It couldnt be too easy to spin, or you would constantly fall on you face. Ideally, you should be able to adjust the resistance of the wheels below it to meet your personal preference.

ChrisReid said:
We can Dance Dance over XBox Live now.

Cool...
BTW: How the heck do you menage to do the steps on 2 dance mats at the same time?

Oh yeah, it's this ridiculous mode called Doubles. You set two pads next to eachother, and you get two vertical sets of instructions. It works exactly how it looks. You have twice as many buttons to step on and keep track of. It's not just simply one person doing the two player mode. They actually coordinate them separately and give you more complex steps.

I know hat it is and how it works. I am just wondering as to how the heck one is able to actually dance that steps with considerable success. Maybe X-Box is easier, but as far as DSF for the PS2 goes, its quite hard.

Back