Video problems in WCProphecy. (Not the movies)

beginner

Spaceman
i tried playing wing commander prophecy on my computer. I have a supposed to be a 1.5 ghz amd thunderbird. about 700 megs of ram. 40gb harddrive. soundblaster audigy. geforce3 Ti 200. The game runs fine. The only problems is the graphics. I cant see all the targeting point. Not the dimond that follows the enemy the center thing. Not all of it shows up. I think thats all i know so far.

The movies are no problem. My cds are just scratched. Oh how do I use opengl on this game? Is there a way to trick it to think that its a glide driver or what?

Originally posted by beginner
i tried playing wing commander prophecy on my computer. I have a supposed to be a 1.5 ghz amd thunderbird. about 700 megs of ram. 40gb harddrive. soundblaster audigy. geforce3 Ti 200. The game runs fine. The only problems is the graphics. I cant see all the targeting point. Not the dimond that follows the enemy the center thing. Not all of it shows up. I think thats all i know so far.

It's not your CDs. The game has an irreversible Direct3d failure. The Direct3d mode does not work well. You should try other video modes, but I can't help you there. Don't worry, someone will.

This game doesn't support OpenGL only DirectX (D3D) and Glide. The game plays best in glide. Now in DirectX you don't get waypoints or targeting display. In software mode you do get these. If you must play this game in DirectX download the D3D patch here:
https://www.wcnews.com/files.shtml#wcp
It only gives you the Lens Flare in D3D. I play this game in software mode.

If you want to try to play the game in Glide mode try these site and see if you can find a Glide Wrapper that will work. http://www.voodoofiles.com/
http://www.nvnews.net/
Try searching the net. Remember with 3dfx gone there's not that great a demand for glide stuff anymore.

Oh' for DirectX try setting the Texel Alignment on your graphic card to 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
*bump* :roll: <---If it works

I tried the wrappers but none would work. All it gives is a big window all black. Even the border is black. :eek: sometimes the game works. Sometimes it just stays there and does nothing and i have to reboot the computer.

Any good wrapper suggestions? (Not sandwiches) :D and the configuration for it.

Originally posted by beginner
geforce3 Ti 200. The game runs fine. The only problems is the graphics. I cant see all the targeting point. Not the dimond that follows the enemy the center thing. Not all of it shows up. I think thats all i know so far.
Try changing the texture alignement in the GEForce options. People will tell you that 7 works best (as it seems to have done on the TNT 128). For my old Geforce 1 SDR I think 0 or 1 was best (minimal) corruption while 7 had about the same problems you mention. I haven't tried for my Ti2000 yet as I still got a Voodoo 1 card just for WCP, but try all possible settings of alignements. One should hopefully give acceptable results.

Back