Video problem with WC3. Please help.

Delsin

Spaceman
Greets all. I'm having some real trouble with playing movies in WC3. They, uh, don't work.

The gameplay itself is fine. The game starts without a problem (except for the intro movie not working). I can just skip a movie if it doesn't work by hitting the escape key.

But the movies are half the game, and none of them work! They play for about one second, and then freeze. Can anyone help?

I'm running this on a pentium class system with a 2mb video card and a 52x CD-ROM (is that the problem?)

A great many movie problems are caused by conflicts with your sound card.. try disabling sound and seeing if the movies play.

I Think that the CD-ROM is the problem. I have a 24x, and yet the installer says "your cd-rom player is reading cd's faster then possible". wc3 is a old game (never the less, still one of my old time favourites), and maybe it won't run with such a fast cd-rom.

Nowdays everyone has a 24x or better though, and people still can run WC3. I know there were some issues when fast CD-ROM's first came out.. but most people worked through them without too much difficulty.

More speed isn't bad. At the time speeds like are recorded from 24x CD drives indicated that a caching program was being used. This could cause weird things to happen, like skipping movies.

TC

Back