Vesuvius Bridge

Stunner said:
Does anyone or can anyone get some pics of the inside of the bridge (where tolwyn sits)

Yes... just give me a few minutes though, My PC is compiling some stuff onto a DVD. (Can I ask what for? A moddeling project perhaps?)

Yes thats why i also asked for the BEHEMOTH and DURANGO (BWS INTREPID) models for SO and P as well.

Here you go

Attachments

• PDVD_001.JPG
    PDVD_001.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 206
  • PDVD_004.JPG
    PDVD_004.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 169
and here:

Attachments

• PDVD_005.JPG
    PDVD_005.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 166
  • PDVD_006.JPG
    PDVD_006.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 162
And more:

Attachments

• PDVD_007.JPG
    PDVD_007.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 145
  • PDVD_009.JPG
    PDVD_009.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 145
And lastly:

Attachments

• PDVD_010.JPG
    PDVD_010.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 129
  • PDVD_011.JPG
    PDVD_011.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 132
Nice pics. That bridge was pretty cool. The contrast to the Intrepid's makeshift bridge and briefing room really helps setting the conflict between the two forces.

Are there any pics of the concordia's bridge around? I remember a cutscene with angel and tolwyn in Wc2 that happened in that bridge..

Thank you ever so much and the credit will go to you for getting these for me. By the way what program did you use?

Delance said:
I still feel kinda sorry for those poor folk at the bridge of the Vesuvius.

Hey, if they had a problem with being vaporized, they shouldn't have fired those AMG's at me!

Stunner said:
Thank you ever so much and the credit will go to you for getting these for me. By the way what program did you use?

Your welcome. I just used PowerDVD... (but I tweaked the snapshot settings in the configuration to up the resolution a little.)

Edfilho: Yes there were a few WC2 scenes on the Concordia's Bridge. Someone should be able to take some screenshots with Dosbox.

it's also quite amazing when compared to the victory's bridge...big enough to command an entire war from never mind just a task force...

AD said:
Your welcome. I just used PowerDVD... (but I tweaked the snapshot settings in the configuration to up the resolution a little.)

How does PowerDVD compare to other programs? I've recently switched from my old program (Nero Showtime) to VLC Media Player for screengrabs from DVDs. There's a noticeable quality improvement.

AD said:
Edfilho: Yes there were a few WC2 scenes on the Concordia's Bridge. Someone should be able to take some screenshots with Dosbox.

Here's the Concordia Supercruiser Bridge.. That might be Tolwyn standing there.
supercruiser6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ChrisReid said:
How does PowerDVD compare to other programs? I've recently switched from my old program (Nero Showtime) to VLC Media Player for screengrabs from DVDs. There's a noticeable quality improvement.

I did some testing by Trying screenshots with various programs. Namely PowerDVD, intervideo, Nero, and VLC using the same scene you posted the shot from. I honestly couldnt tell much difference between them all and the one you posted at the normal resolution (mind you I'm using my crappy old monitor while I'm trying to get the other one fixed). I was using nero showtime 3 though so I don't know which version you had. It didnt seem bad. If anything, PowerDVD maybe has a slight edge. The snapshots taken at an increased resolution seemed sharper when zoomed out than those taken in the other programs at the original resolution zoomed 100% (Note: I have PowerDVD 7, though snapshots don't seem drasticaly improved over PowerDVD 5)

The only time I had problems was VLC. No matter what I did it didnt seem to take the actual snapshot of the video. So I really only had your sample as reference. And I couldnt find any options to resize the image. Plus There wasn't a button to move ahead or back a single frame to try and get the best shot, or to match a previous shot. Maybe I don't have the right version.

AD said:
The only time I had problems was VLC. No matter what I did it didnt seem to take the actual snapshot of the video. So I really only had your sample as reference. And I couldnt find any options to resize the image. Plus There wasn't a button to move ahead or back a single frame to try and get the best shot, or to match a previous shot. Maybe I don't have the right version.

You have to enable it with some command line switches to disable the overlay and such. You can do a search for VLC screen shots and it'll walk you through it.

ChrisReid said:
You have to enable it with some command line switches to disable the overlay and such. You can do a search for VLC screen shots and it'll walk you through it.

Hmm.. I came up with this while searching "--video-filter clone --clone-vout-list default,snapshot " but adding it to the command line says that option couldnt be loaded (I am now running the recent version 0.85 though...) I'll keep looking.

Edit: I have no Idea what I did different but it works now.

Here's the PowerDVD/VLC comparison: (note that I can take PNG shots natively with both players and those look better than these too which were taken as JPG) PowerDVD is on the left and VLC on the right.

Attachments

• PDVD_000.JPG
    PDVD_000.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 111
  • vlcsnap-54046.jpg
    vlcsnap-54046.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 120
Here's a PowerDVD shot with increasing the resolution

Attachments

• PDVD_001.JPG
    PDVD_001.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 135