Vega Strike -- How is it guys?

hellcatv

Swabbie
Banned
Dear friends at the CIC,
I'm happy to see Vega Strike listed at wcnews.com . I hope the people here have tried out the new release and have comments for me about how they like it.
Vega Strike has really grown since version 0.0.1 (0.0.2 is still up for download hehehe)
and I wonder how people here enjoy the latest.

Are there problems for anyone? questions you all have? Have you tried the exploration and resistance missions?

I'm really hoping that some people here go all out on the wing commander modding part of Vega Strike--that's something that I would die to play :) my own game modded for wing commander. I've tried to make modding especially easy this time around by allowing mods to specify their own directory on startup. Conact me for more info.

Vega Strike has a new batch of art slowly coming in for 0.4.0 so there is excitement from the "beauty" side of things coming "soon"!

personally I'm very excited about the whole "One Fleet Plan" that lets you have a "My Fleet" at every ship dealer-- literally you can own and hire enough ships to become a squadron hehehe.

Anyhow let me know what you think of it and happy Vega Striking

Sincerely,
Daniel
PS: You people with nVidia December 11 drivers be SURE to download the patch. nVidia made a big boo-boo, but I've worked around it with a patch (I worked there ages back, so I was able to tell approximately where it died in their driver)

Vega Struc^H^Hike
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/

new ships in 0.4.0

I'm saving my batch of really cool new ships to put in all at once in 0.4.0

that way the old ships can have one last big party before being retired

it's only fair--they've brought Vega Strike through hard times

also mixing styles isn't good :)

so that's why I'm waiting until the other 20% of the ships are redone to put them into 0.4.0

they look very nice--all per pixel lit and everything

you're gonna love it

Back