Various bugs/notes

C

Cafard

Hi there,

Here's a quick unsorted list of bugs i found when playing as well as some notes or feature request:

1> on Oxford, i was lucky enough to find some cheap contraband which i quickly bought, before saving and leaving on a mission. After death+respawn+reload of the savegame, the contraband was still in my cargo, but *reappeared* on the market. The same exactly, and i could buy it again, save, die, respawn, reload, and there it was again. It used to be my experience in this remake that saving/reloading would not affect the market, but there it was definitely doing it.

2> maybe this is not a bug, but i often have lucky findings of contraband goods at the price of 0.01 credits. Seems a bit cheap.

3> on New Constantinople, Miggs is often not there when he should. Sometimes i can save the game, enter bar, and Miggs is there. I reload, go to the bar, and he's not.

4> even though i have a -100 relationship with Confed and Militia, they often scan my ship for contraband, and when there's none (shame on me), they do grant me passage and order me to proceed. Of course, that's before/after calling me 'pirate scum', and often while shooting at me :). Is there a real need to scan me when they have already decided that i'd look better toasted?

5> on pleasure planets, entertainments goods are expensive. I can understand that if pleasure planets import entertainment. But then, the remake manual should be corrected as it states that movies are produced on pleasure planets. And this is definitley *not* a good trade.

6> i was saddened after a major battle resulting in a lot of stuff to be floating in space. I quickly went to fit a tractor beam on my Tarsus, and went collecting a lot of goods, as well as ship parts (a top-level radar, a jump drive, a level 9 reactor...). But when i landed, no trace of the ship parts. If those parts are impossible to sell, it would be nice *not* to have them floating in space. Gives some false hopes of riches! :)

7> i often wander in pirate bases/ships. It strikes me a bit to find confed officers in bars there... Maybe they should be restricted. I can understand why pirates under cover would wander to smuggle around Perry, but Confed officers going on to recruit freelance pilots in pirate bases? Well, that sounds a bit weird if not in a specific plot...

8> are there pirate wingmen available? I never saw any. I would love to have buddies to support my criminal activities, but hiring the always present merchant/confed wingmen would definitely tarnish my self-esteem... By the way, shouldn't negative relationship prevent such wingmen to even appear as available?

9> still on relationship: it has already been stated on this forum that friendly relationships go down *very* easily. But i find two relationships to grow positive too easily: retro and kilrathi. From my original Privateer memories, again as a pirate (arh!), i remember retros as the *only* faction always hostile to me no matter what i did. Here, blowing up merchants seems to please them and make them my friends. Shouldn't they be more intolerant? Or make them friendly to all pirate ships then... And about Kilrathis, i used in the original to become friendly with Kilrathis. But that only came after an extensive program of Paradigm hunting (also called tungsten mining). In the remake, i never blew a Confed ship (except the broadsword on which i tested my Centurion), but i already have +100 with the cats. Shouldn't their relationship go up only on Confed kills? Or at least go up *very* slightly on other kills.

10> i never saw any tractor-beam fitted turret. That would be sweet if possible, as it is quite annoying to sacrifice a gun port. A Centurion with only 3 guns is not a Centurion :). And it almost makes me feel bad to blast merchant ships 'just for fun' as i don't even collect the goods and pilot. Now, how can i enslave my victims if i can't collect them in cargo? Please, tell me that this is planned for 1.0! I pray not to have to sacrifice a gun. ;)

Well, nothing more i can think about at the moment. And thanks again for the great game ;)

for 1.0:
1) fixed
2) fixed
3) minor
4) fixed
5) fixed
6) minor
7) fixed
8) probably, have to befriend pirates
9) hmmm I never had the retros get too friendly--but I guess if you keep killing who they hate, you too must be a technology hater
10) fixed

if you want a pre-release of 1.0 send an e-mail to privater *atsign gmail.com

*atsign = @

Well, everything seems to be taken care of :). About the pirate wingmen, i'm at +100 with pirates, but still didn't see any. And i keep having merchant/confeds offering themselves as wingmen, even though i'm at -100 with them :D. Well, i'll keep going, it should popup one day then.

Thanks for the pre-release offer, i'll mail :)

Ignoring for a second the new tractor equipped turrets, you don't have to sacrifice a gun, you could sacrifice a missile slot instead ;)

Maybe I haven't read the manual about this issue, maybe the manual hasn't this issue... Anyway the game should be more playable with...

1) The "Select Nearest Enemy" key.

2) Weapons Group: my Centurion is equipped with 2 plasma and 2 meson blasters. I use both plasma and mesons for the big game ("Kamekh") and the mesons only for the small game. It would be nice to press a key and activate the weapon group #1 (in this case all the weapons) or the weapon group #2 (in this case the meson blasters).

3) Do you remember the X-Wing of X-Wing, X-Wing Alliance, X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter and so on? This ship can fire with all it's turbolasers at once, 2 turbolasers and 2 turbolasers, 1 turbolaser after the orther ("fire-linked").
Why the X-Wing can and my Centurion not? Maybe because in Privateer there aren't around many turbolasers? ;;)

1) h and shift-h don't do it for you?
2) tru
3) ya this is privateer not x-wing..it's a reasonable request for a game like Vega strike which shares the engine...again not a gameplay stopper....

lol I almost look forward to the moment my energy banks are drained so much I can't fire all the guns at once. It reduced the overall rate of fire, but by firing guns one at a time it increases tha chances of a hit..

The way to get that effect all the time in privateer is to mount a bunch of different guns ;)

Back