Votes: 2 11.1%
  • VF-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Lindem Herz

Spaceman
Ok people, poll time. Since the main work in the VF-1 series is almost done (just struggling a bit with the Strike Cannon in the Strike VF-1S) I'd like to ask the community which will be the next model to be done for posible inclusion in the mod .So I'd like you people here to choose your favorite and tell me why did you chose it. Or if you you chose Other, which one.

-- The messages here WILL determine the progress in mecha availablility, whether it is in the Beta or Final version, so you better vote for your favorite. However, don't go around ranting about this or that valk or whatever, or I'll scrap this and choose the next one to model myself. In other words, behave --

Now, please, don't go asking for custom valks yet (that is, Fire Bomber) before I get to model their base fighters (it will be a lot quickier and will come out a lot better if I do them modifying normal models,like what they did).

And, of you can, don't ask for the AVFs (VF-19, YF-21/22). There are some other nice valks going almost undercover out there. Although, if you want them, there is nothing I can do... :D

There are no limits on the valks you can ask for (canon or not, any time, Shoji Kawamori Macross Design Works' Advance Valkyrie series), but if you want a Sv-51 or any Macross II valk, please give me all the reference you can. That is, after it has been chosen, before being bad with the bandwidth.

I'll periodically post here announcing the valkyrie chosen for modelling and I'll count the votes from there on to the next announcement to chose the next one.

Now, fire away!

Lindem Herz said:
Ok people, poll time. Since the main work in the VF-1 series is almost done (just struggling a bit with the Strike Cannon in the Strike VF-1S) I'd like to ask the community which will be the next model to be done for posible inclusion in the mod (multiplayer probably, but not only).

Isn't this a mod for secret ops? How do you plan, exactly, to make a multiplayer mod for secret ops?

TC said:
Isn't this a mod for secret ops? How do you plan, exactly, to make a multiplayer mod for secret ops?

Out of his ass :(

I like Macross just like the next guy . . . but you are kinda too far in getting ahead of yourself. You are being idealistic more then being realistic.

No Mplayer

Yes there is no multiplayer for Wing Commander sercet ops but we might be porting the models to Starlancer just for multiplayer value.thats what he meant.
Blackwolf

psych said:
In that case, good luck. You are going to fucking need it.

We dont need it. I import things in starlancer all the time for fun. When it first came out I even ported some of the wing commander1,2 ships in Starlancer I just didnt release them.So after this massive project is over.then we can port the models to Starlancer easy for Multiplayer fun.He is just asking while we are making the models for the Wing commander secret ops mod why not ask about what other ships to model, then having to model them down the road.{So please be kind on this forum we are very passionate about this mod}.
Thanks
Blackwolf

For transformation we plan to use trigger events. "trigger" a transformation event, the game loads a little movie (1 second or less, not to kill the mood; maybe 5 or so seconds for cinematic excitement in the first mission ONLY), after that the game engine reloads with the appropiate mode model.

Anyway, expectations or not for this mod, this thread is not the appropiate one to deal with them. If you want (and please, we want you to do it, feedback is always good) make a new "what the people wants" (or something like that) thread in the main section. Or a "disbeliever thread" also. I know I screwed up when posting without telling about the porting, but anyway, that's clear now.

So, from now on, tell us what valks do you want ;)

I guess you could also have the plane's "legs" move as the it turns... just like the Vampire's trust pods. You'd need to have separate meshes for the leg and the rest of the plane.

PopsiclePete said:
I guess you could also have the plane's "legs" move as the it turns... just like the Vampire's trust pods. You'd need to have separate meshes for the leg and the rest of the plane.

This isn't a good idea, legs don't move when you turn, the movement (turn) of the figter isn't made with the ''legs'' in Gerwalk mode.

About the fighters: isn't a good idea to mix various timeframes fighters in the main campaing of the TC, but it could be nice to use some of them in the simulator.

Ghost said:
About the fighters: isn't a good idea to mix various timeframes fighters in the main campaing of the TC, but it could be nice to use some of them in the simulator.

Actually most of them are for the simulator. Since the mod is the DYRL/FB2012 timeframe, the fighters you'll see a lot is the VF-1 and variants. Besides that, the only other valkyrie in the campaing will be the VF-4 (since we're getting into 2012 as well), and probably, just probably, the VF-X-4 in it's full GERWALKer glory (Kawamori only made it that far before scrapping it and redesigning; it's apparition will depend on the storyline) and I see if I can push in a cameo of one of those rare VF-3000 :D (it kinda fits the timeline, since it was developed and tested out of the VF-1 before the merger of Shinnakasu and Stonewell into Shinsei Industries, and that was in the 2012; although that's really pushing it)

The other fighters will be available in the simulator.

Yes, Sound Force variants included (put that shotgun away!!), although given real ammo instead of speakers (also a not modified VF-11MAXL).

Yup, Shoji Kawamori's Advanced Valkyrie designs (they are a kinda fetish for me, so I'll do all I can to get them in -hint, hint, blackwolf-).

Ask for it and you'll get those nice rare fighters like the VF-X-3, the SW-XAI Schneeblume and SW-XAII Schneegans and even the killer SDP-1 Stampede Valkyire.

Heck, if people is interested enough I'll do even the Varauta Fighters. I was gonna do them anyway.

Man, if I have enough time I'll even model the Seiran-99 and company that appeared in the first pages of the Design Works (it looks JUST like a Su-27, and I LOVE the Su-27). They are awesome fighters and really deserve the camera time. Now if only I could figure out the transformations (and that's the only thing that stops me from doing it)...

And of course, all the other standard UN-Spacy fighters. Whether they are canon or alternate universe (if I get enough reference for Macross II, that is)

Over 300 views and only 12 votes here.... My guess is that no one knows exactly what do those other valks look like (at least I don't ). Perhaps you could post some pictures of them here or at your homepage so we can decide better in which to vote on? The only one I know is the VF-1, not only because you modeled it already but also because I have a VF-1 toy somewhere here at home, the coolest toy I ever had, it even transforms between Gerwalk-Robot(?)-Fighter modes and comes with those extra armor packs :D

And please try to put that FAQ section up in your HP. This is a WC forum, we know a lot about WC but not much details about Macross / Robotech....

F.A.Q will be up soon we are sorry for the delay but been busy with the model making and wcso moding Bye monday all will be updated
Blackwolf

Since this is taking place during DYRL and 2012, the next fighter really should be the VF-4...
Although you probably could do the VF-0, cuz that was around before DYRL. But if there aren't any missions in an atmosphere you probably could leave it out (having conventional engines and all).

Probably for time line, I agree that the VF-4 should be the next one modeled, not hard, pretty similar structure as the Vamp. Perhaps putting in the VA-3 would also be holding rather consistent.
If you just want to play like in the sim without worrying about timeline I would like to see the VF-22 Sturmvogel II.

Back