Utterly Perplexed...

Ben

Spaceman
Um, I went to the library and got False Colors.. Keep in mind I had only read Action Stations so far. Those have been the only two books there both times I visited, so I assume those are the only two my library has.. Anyway, I started reading it and I am confused. The Admiral is alive after the court marshal? He committed suicide in the game. What.. Why... Hrmm... The Kilrathi are a threat again!? What.. Kruger in the first book was still the President of Landreich, but I coulda sworn he was old. Now he has to be about 100! How?! I've only read one chapter so far. You;d think Blair would get more recognition. They mention the tembler bomb, they mention the admirals court marshal, both of which Blair caused, but he's not mentioned. Thats not right.. Anyway I'll stop reading the book till my questions are answered. (IE. What had hapenned to the Admiral previously and how old is Kruger by now, Vance started off young in Action Stations, thats understandable...)

Ben

Uh, allow me to be a little bit more helpful.

Bob's right. FC is before WCIV, but after WCIII. Kruger isn't that old. He was in his twenties in AS, and is probably in his sixties or so by the time of FC, the same as Tolwyn and Richards. The court martial of Tolwyn that was mentioned in FC refers to the events surrounding the destruction of the Behemoth in WCIII, not his actions in WCIV (at least I think this is where part of your confusion lies). As for the Cats being a threat again... You really think an entire race would stop fighting because of the destruction of one planet? :p

Raptor's true identity was revealed in the insults thread.

And NoRemorse: That was just a temporary setback. Only time will tell if the Kilrathi are truely beaten.

Originally posted by NoRemorse

They just lose...

Nah, they just DIE!!!!! of course, only after they utter some insult about how they are going to kill us and feast on our entrails or something like that.

Originally posted by Zor Prime

...only after they utter some insult about how they are going to kill us and feast on our entrails or something like that.

Anyone who likes to feast on "entrails" deserves to die, anyway; that's so disgusting. Eeeeeww!

(oh wait--WE feast on entrails; only, we we call 'em snausages....Well, never mind... :D )

Originally posted by Ben
...I started reading it and I am confused. The Admiral is alive after the court marshal? He committed suicide in the game. What.. Why... Hrmm...

Ben

"He who escapes court martial and walks away, lives to get court martialed another day" :D

A court martial is, essentially, a trial on charges. If the JAG (or other) court finds you not guilty, you get on with your military life. However, so long as your butt continues to belong to Uncle Sam (or, in this case, Confed), you can always get hauled into court for another court martial later. Best keep yer nose clean. Since Tolwyn didn't heed this advice after his first court martial (where, I assume, he was found not guilty), he was *later* court-martialed (in WC4). Dig?...:)

Wasn't Tolwyn cortmasheled 3 times?

Once in Fleet Action as a feint after he 'disobayed' orders.
Another time for the Behemouth screwup.
And finnaly for trying to make man 'perfect.'
3rd times a charm i guess.;)

I made the same mistake aswell when i first read False Colors but after looking at the dates in the book I realized why the little turd was still alive. :cool:

Re: Re: Utterly Perplexed...

Originally posted by Preacher

"He who escapes court martial and walks away, lives to get court martialed another day" :D

A court martial is, essentially, a trial on charges. If the JAG (or other) court finds you not guilty, you get on with your military life. However, so long as your butt continues to belong to Uncle Sam (or, in this case, Confed), you can always get hauled into court for another court martial later. Best keep yer nose clean. Since Tolwyn didn't heed this advice after his first court martial (where, I assume, he was found not guilty), he was *later* court-martialed (in WC4). Dig?...:)

No-one was questioning this man, he just thought that FC was happening after WCIV

What I don't understand is why in ER the Tarawa is forbidden from firing upon Kilrah, yet that same action in HOTT results in the implosion of the Imperial system...

Originally posted by Bob McDob
What I don't understand is why in ER the Tarawa is forbidden from firing upon Kilrah, yet that same action in HOTT results in the implosion of the Imperial system...

I would assume our attitudes to attacking the Kilrathi homeworld changed somewhat after the Kilrathi tried to nuke our own homeworld in Fleet Action. What goes around come around.

Best, Raptor

In ER, attacking the Kilrathi homeworld would have just pissed the Kilrathi off. At the most, it would have resulted in the death of the Emperor, leaving Thrakhath in charge of the throne, and the rest of the Kilrathi nobles united about this affront to their homeworld. It was feared they would have gone into a killing frenzy Confed was afraid it couldnt fight off. In WCIII Confed was much more desperate, and it resulted in the destruction of the entire planet, ruling caste and all. All the Kilrathi nobles, who werent killed, would be fighting each other for power leaving them unable to fight Confed effectively.

Originally posted by Bob McDob
...results in the implosion of the Imperial system...
Clearly, they didn't implode the Kilrah system, they just set off a chain reaction which shook the planet apart. ;)

Back