Upload of Thomas Bruckners WC Page

That's not good...:(
Archive.org has a backup of the web pages themselves (and some of the images), but it doesn't have a backup of any of the tools available from his website.
Fortunately, I still have some of the tools that were available off of the website, and I've uploaded them to my own website for convenience.
peoview.zip: Reads Homeworld PEO files and converts them to WCP.
mattobmp.zip: Command line converter for mat --> bmp conversions.
bmptomat.zip: Command line converter for bmp --> mat conversions.
modelc08.zip: Model creator 0.8.
txconv1124.zip: Texture converter - converts BMP to MAT and MAT to BMP.
wcppascal_r24.zip: WCP Pascal release 24.
wcppascal_r24d.zip: Update to WCP Pascal r24. Unfortunately the update doesn't work as intended and breaks mission compiling.
prophecy_x3d.zip: 3D Exploration plugin that reads VISION engine IFF meshes.
stredit.zip: String file editor. Use this to edit .eng files in Secret Ops\LANGUAGE\ (You'll have to extract them from data.tre first).
misb.zip: Mission Builder 1.2.1.
vcl50.zip: vcl50.bpl (may be needed to run WCPPascal)
Collsphr.zip: Collision sphere editor
Turrets.zip: Hardpoint editor

Last edited:
Damn, what a loss -- this is the real benefit of Solsector hosting, it's not going anywhere even if you do.

Well, here's a list of the files at Thomas Bruckner's site... let's see if we can fill them in and if so we'll mirror the site.

FILES
wcpedit8te_update.zipWCPEdit 1.8 TE
wcpedit8se_update.zipWCPEdit 1.8 SE
ac_intro.zipAC Intro
asteroid.zipAsteroid Battle
misb21.zipMission Builder 1.2.1
wcpedit8.zipWCPEdit 1.8
mutiny.zipMutiny
revenge.zipKilrathi Revenge
carrier.zipCarrier Assault
demomis.zipDemo Mission
wcedit.zipWCEdit 0.3
convoy.zipDefend Convoy
invasion.zipInvasion

DEVELOPMENT TOOLS
txconv1124.zipTexture Converter 1.1.24
peoview.zipPEO Viewer
modelc08.zipModel Creator 0.8
prophecy_x3d.zip3DExploration Plugin
collsphr.zipCOLLSPHR Editor
fileinfo.zipFile Formats
lwoconv.zipLWOConv
pccon.zipProphecyC Console
floattohex.zipFloatToHex
glturret2.zipGL Hardpoint Editor
meshvw.zipMesh Viewer
iffreader.zipIffReader
turrets.zipHardpoint Editor
mattobmp.zipMatToBmp
bmptomap.zipBmpToMat
wcp2dxf.zipWcp2Dxf
stredit.zipStredit 1.0
misd.zipMisd

SHIPS
wc4ctran.zipWC4 Transport (148 kb)
borgship.zipBorg Ship (16 kb)
shadow.zipShadow Ship (51 kb)
adrone.zipAlien Drone (6 kb)
wc4cshut.zipWC4 Confed Shuttle (49 kb)

MUSEUM
wcpedit10.zipWCPEdit 1.0
wcpedit11.zipWCPEdit 1.1
wcpedit12.zipWCPEdit 1.2
wcpedit13.zipWCPEdit 1.3
wcpedit141.zipWCPEdit 1.41
wcpedit145.zipWCPEdit 1.45
wcpedit15.zipWCPEdit 1.5
wcpedit152.zipWCPEdit 1.52
wcpedit153.zipWCPEdit 1.53
wcpedit16.zipWCPEdit 1.6
wcpedit17.zipWCPEdit 1.7
wcpedit18b2.zipWCPEdit 1.8 Beta 2
misb21.zipMission Builder 1.0

WCPPASCAL
wcppas_r24d.zip
wcppas_r24c.zip
wcppas_r24b.zip
wcppas_r24.zip
vcl50.zip
wcppas_r23.zip
wcppas_r22b.zip
console30a.zip
wcppas_r22a.zip
wcppas_r22.zip
wcppas_r21.zip
wcppas_r20a.zip
wcppas_r20.zip
wcppas_r19.zip
wcppas_r18.zip
wcppas_r16.zip
wcppas_console_24b.zip
wcppas_r15.zip
wcppas_r14.zip
wcppas_r13.zip
wcppas_r12.zip
plugin_src.zip
wcppas_r11.zip
wcppas_r10.zip
wcppas_r9.zip
wcppas_r8.zip
wcppas_r7.zip
wcppas_r6.zip
ue1_src.zip
wcppas_r5.zip
wcppas_r4.zip
wcppas_r3.zip
wcppas_r2.zip
wcppas.zip
misb4_a2.zip

thanks for your help in advance, loaf :)

the mirrorpage should be added afterwards to the "hosting" bar on wcnews.com :)

I've got some of these. Drafting up a list now.

Edit: Here are the ones I have zip files for. I could have sworn I had a few of the others downloaded, but maybe they got lost over time. If there are some important ones you can't find, let me know and I'll take a look into my old backup discs.

FILES
ac_intro.zipAC Intro
asteroid.zipAsteroid Battle
misb21.zipMission Builder 1.2.1
wcpedit8.zipWCPEdit 1.8
mutiny.zipMutiny
revenge.zipKilrathi Revenge
carrier.zipCarrier Assault
wcedit.zipWCEdit 0.3
convoy.zipDefend Convoy
invasion.zipInvasion

DEVELOPMENT TOOLS
txconv1124.zipTexture Converter 1.1.24 (note I actually only have version 1.1.11)
modelc08.zipModel Creator 0.8
iffreader.zipIffReader
stredit.zipStredit 1.0
misd.zipMisd

SHIPS
borgship.zipBorg Ship (16 kb)

MUSEUM
misb21.zipMission Builder 1.0

WCPPASCAL
wcppas_r24.zip
vcl50.zip

Attachments

• ac_intro.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 161
  • borgship.zip
    16 KB · Views: 164
  • iffreader.zip
    109.5 KB · Views: 201
  • misb21.zip
    181.4 KB · Views: 226
  • misd.zip
    50.5 KB · Views: 167
  • TBMissions.zip
    22.5 KB · Views: 150
  • stredit.zip
    104.3 KB · Views: 204
  • wcpedit.zip
    353.4 KB · Views: 203
  • wcpedit8.zip
    353.4 KB · Views: 225
  • texconvold.zip
    151.5 KB · Views: 188
I was looking for WCPedit on the site and noticed you didn't have the te update for wcpedit. Went back looking through my old files and here's a copy if anyone wants it.

Attachments

• wcpedit8te_update.zip
    357.7 KB · Views: 206
Wait, so did you actually upload Thomas' page somewhere, or are you just collecting files at the moment?

As far as I know only collecting files. I know I have a few more stored somewhere at my mother's house. I'll have to get back there someday relatively soon and find them. (they're on ls-120's so they should be relatively safe)

So, did we ever manage to fully archive the site proper? Just when I need his collision sphere program, I can't find it anywhere. :(

I really think we should get on the ball with this. Everything I have of Thomas Bruckner's is from this thread, but I'm sure there are others out there who are veterans of the site and have a file or two that Kevin and Iceblade did not provide.

I'm sure it could be (and should be) mentioned somewhere else, but does anyone also happen to have files from Locke's Workshop and B5 Commander? Those are two sites I remember from years ago having tools and ships and the like for download and were lost.

I really think we should get on the ball with this. Everything I have of Thomas Bruckner's is from this thread, but I'm sure there are others out there who are veterans of the site and have a file or two that Kevin and Iceblade did not provide.

I'm sure it could be (and should be) mentioned somewhere else, but does anyone also happen to have files from Locke's Workshop and B5 Commander? Those are two sites I remember from years ago having tools and ships and the like for download and were lost.

I'll have a look on my old system later, I went through a phase of modding WCP and Standoff and heavily raided Bruckner, Locke, Killerwave and HCl.

Has anybody told Bruckner himself that we've been looking for his work for years?

Has anybody told Bruckner himself that we've been looking for his work for years?
Well, that's the thing. Thomas disappeared completely. It's not just that he stopped visiting the forums (which he never did that much in the first place). Rather, his email address no longer works, and basically there's no other means to contact him. He doesn't show up in any shape or form in Google, either - or if he does, he's not very recognisable. There's obviously more than a few Thomases Bruckers on Facebook and LinkedIn, but I've never found one whose profile would give any hint that he may be the one we're looking for.

Well, that's the thing. Thomas disappeared completely. It's not just that he stopped visiting the forums (which he never did that much in the first place). Rather, his email address no longer works, and basically there's no other means to contact him. He doesn't show up in any shape or form in Google, either - or if he does, he's not very recognisable. There's obviously more than a few Thomases Bruckers on Facebook and LinkedIn, but I've never found one whose profile would give any hint that he may be the one we're looking for.

Ah crap. In all likelihood, life just took over and he's busy like the rest of us with career/family etc. Only speculation. There's a guy on Linkedin with his name whose tagline speciality is 'computer software' - I might just shoot him a friendly message and apologise if it sounds weird.

Last edited:
Back