Upgrades

it might help if equipment that could never mount on the ship you're currently flying was either displayed in a different color or not displayed at all...

or even sortet by ships, so that you can see what you can buy for each ship. and there should be a notification when you are allowed to get the next upgrade like when you begin to play Righteous Fire. I found out via this forum. but I can only buy "Shield 4 Level 4" and not 5.
Why do there have to be 2 categories anyway and not just "Shield Level 3" (or other). I think that would easier to understand and in the ship info should the capabilities (max Level) been given.

But, no offense, just ideas...

Thanx all, i probably remembered righteous fire then. BTW is there a way to get rid of the auto tracking system? I think i was a more effective combat pilot without it. i saved up to buy two of them but i think i dont need them and i dont have a previous save... do i have to sell my ship again?

you may also read the manual, especially the line that states that 'k' turns off the autotracking ;)

That's right, autotracking is very useful, but you're better off turning it off when a ship is coming towards you nosing around in circles, then turning it back on as it begins to shoot or fly straight.

Hi, to end the discussion of the max Levels upgrades in the original and I guess in this Remake:
http://www.classicgaming.cc/pc/privateer/ships.php

Here are also listed all the other ships with a little discription.
But this is only for Privateer and not Righteous Fire.

That is still my problem. How can you upgrade Level 5 Shield/Reactor. Many people here in the forum talk about level 5 upgrades, but I can only get Level 4 upgrade.

Anyway, maybe this Link can finish some discussions.

if you don't take care about what you let people do to and with the things you offer, you'll achieve something terrible.

for someone with a Thomas More quote for their sig, that's pretty totalitarian.

kilolima said:
for someone with a Thomas More quote for their sig, that's pretty totalitarian.

Au contraire: In the light of More's opinion on Henry VIII's divorce, and his opposition against making the ruler of England also the head of the Church (an incredibly powerful position at the time), my statement is just a succession in his own predicitions. He predicted unrest, the people got Oliver Cromwell. Talk about understatement...

But instead of hijacking the thread into an academic discussion, some quick statement on topic, hopefully without starting the retro/extension flamewar again:
I've been toying around with the csv's now too for an experiment, and it maybe fun at first to have a Tarsus with the speed of an Demon and the protection of an Orion, but I quickly lose the point in doing that. The game gives the opportunity to own several ships, and even carry them around - so I'm much happier in accepting a challenge and trying a certain mission with several ships until I have the right one. Again: My opinion.

BradMick said:
because of the concept of 'milspec'. military ships have all of their stuff pre-installed and that's how it is. a military ship SHOULDN'T be moddable....period. a true military craft is designed as is. for you to have a milspec centurion though is...well...dumb. confeds not going to sell military centurions.
Hi,
If the centurion is supposed to be retiered as a military craft, it would make sence.
After all cops to sell old cars.
-Upyr1

I think that the whole stock vs. milspec thing causes a ton of troubles, I understand that it'll go away in 1.1 and I've removed it from WCU.

In WCU, if you get your hands on a military fighter, you will only be able to change the guns and missile loadouts, with a few exceptions (notably the Talon, reason for it being that everyone and their mother uses Talons, so shops know how to work with the things)

Back