• Both equally

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters

Jesus

Swabbie
Banned
Well, at this years E3, we saw a lot of two amazing, epic, medievil games coming up on the horizon. Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Elder Scroll's Oblivion. Both look amazing, the best of their competition, Oblivion being probably the best looking PC game, with Zelda Twilight Princess probably being the best looking console game.

So, on one side, we have a legendary series, known for quality games, and on the other, an awesome series, known for gigantic games. So, which are you more interested in?

Not that oblivion won't be good or anything. But LoZ:TP will be one of the best games ever, if it is half as good as it seems to be.

I guess it's pretty obvious how much I'm interested in it... :)

BTW, LoZ:TP will be pretty freaking big too.

Jesus said:
with Zelda Twilight Princess probably being the best looking console game.

Wow, it's not even the best looking GameCube game. By the time it comes out, it'll be going up against XBox 360 titles (including the high definition 360 Oblivion). Sure, it won best of show by many publications, and it doesn't look bad, but nobody is appreciating it for its amazing graphics.

Not that kind of best looking, best looking as in it looks to be a promising, amazing, quality graphics, quality gameplay, quality length, quality music, and quality size game. It has above average graphics, amazing music(listen to the trailers), a huge looking world, an(as always) long quest, and of course, the promised Nintendo quality gameplay. So, I stick by my word, and say this looks like one of the best console games coming out.

I'm gonna go with oblivion, because I really enjoyed morrowind. I don't think very much of most of the nintendo games as there are only a few (zelda being one of them) which is half decent and not designed for the under fives.

Happy Camper,
you made a very stupid comment. Did you actually play any cube games? Even the "cute" stuff is just as enjoyable by "grown ups" as the gritty games like RE4 and Killer7. I do think that people who believe that being mature = playing GTA are very imature, though. Because going around destroying things and killing people in a game might be fun, but it is far more imature than say, playing Mario Kart: Double Dash with Baby Mario...

Matureness (is that a word?) is not in guns, violence or blood. Pikmin 2 might be pretty and cute, but it is an outstanding game which demands strategy, quick thinking and its also fun and funny to boot. Psychonauts (on pc and xbox) might be quirky, and the protagonist a kid, but it has plot, theme and design far more elegant and even adult than slaugtering whores in GTA3. See the agents' hidden memories, for instance, pretty heavy stuff.

I'm sick and tired of people accusing Nintendo of being for kids. Most people my age (close to 30) enjoy Nintendo's games a lot, while most of the accusers are usually teenagers. Even Pokemon is a great RPG-tactical game, once you look past the pretty monsters.

I totally agree Edfilho. But either way, I'd still like to see a few more family oriented, though at the same time, badass characters, like Link and Samus. Metroid isn't really that violent of a game. Yeah, it's got violent themes behind it, but it's not bad like Halo or Resident Evil, so it's still pretty family oriented. And Zelda, well, we all know that's a classic Nintendo game, so it pretty much has to be made in the image of a family game. And F-Zero certainly isn't kiddy themed, but it sure is open to the whole family.

What I'm saying is, Nintendo doesn't need M rated games, E is fine, but maybe, can they have a few more characters that are the defenition of cool?

Edfilho said:
Happy Camper,
you made a very stupid comment. Did you actually play any cube games? Even the "cute" stuff is just as enjoyable by "grown ups" as the gritty games like RE4 and Killer7. I do think that people who believe that being mature = playing GTA are very imature, though. Because going around destroying things and killing people in a game might be fun, but it is far more imature than say, playing Mario Kart: Double Dash with Baby Mario...

Matureness (is that a word?) is not in guns, violence or blood. Pikmin 2 might be pretty and cute, but it is an outstanding game which demands strategy, quick thinking and its also fun and funny to boot. Psychonauts (on pc and xbox) might be quirky, and the protagonist a kid, but it has plot, theme and design far more elegant and even adult than slaugtering whores in GTA3. See the agents' hidden memories, for instance, pretty heavy stuff.

I'm sick and tired of people accusing Nintendo of being for kids. Most people my age (close to 30) enjoy Nintendo's games a lot, while most of the accusers are usually teenagers. Even Pokemon is a great RPG-tactical game, once you look past the pretty monsters.
Whoa! Clam down please. I wan't trying to offend anyone, nor do I feel that playing violent games like GTA3 are mature. I also resent your implication that I am immature just because I don't happen to think very much of most of the nintendo games, many of which I have tried or read reviews about.

As it turns out, I am a teenager. For your information, I did quite enjoy Mario RPG when I played it on an emulator, because it had excellent gameplay, as does pokemon, the various zelda games, goldeneye, spiderman and mario cart. However, my opinion still stands that the vast majority of games released for the nintendo are crap. You may not aggree with it but that doesn't matter because it is just my opinion. There are a lot of games for nintendo, which just consist of pretty colours and happy monsters, without any substance to them at all, which are probably designed for, you guessed it - the under fives.

So in future, may I suggest that you think a little bit more carefully before jumping to conclusions about what people write, which by the way is rather immature.

Wowie...gotta always love a console debate. ;)

I have nothing against the Gamecube myself; just prefer the XBox, that's all. Nintendo has a reputation for sticking with the same characters it's had for God knows how many years, and I'm all for that (why else would I hang around a Wing Commander page after all this time?). :) I went with XBox to just try some different titles...get away from Link, Samus, etc., and try new experiences, new storylines, and what-not. I think people who proclaim Master Chief is the end-all, be-all of existence are just as fruity as those who would say the same thing about Link, Samus, etc. Zealots in every way, shape, and form scare me, what can I say? :) But regardless - as with everything else, to each his/her own.

Now, that being said...let me say that I definitely fit into Ed's classification, for I play GTA3 (and Vice City) and am immature. :)

Here endeth my rant on the thread tangent...

Ok...as for games to look forward to...never played Morrowind, but was into Elder Scrolls games back when, so maybe I'd go with my preference being this Oblivion everyone's talking about...even if only because Zelda won't be on my console. :)

Beyond this, hmmm...what other titles might be interesting? Tomb Raider: Legends, the Matrix:path of Neo, and hey - Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 3, baby! ;) Hrmmm - here's one some of you might not have heard about (though it's a PC game made by a devoted fan base that the owning company will sell the single-player version to sometime next year, I think) - Starsiege:2845.

Before all these titles come out, I'm sure zillions of others will pop up that, like a fool, I'll buy right on the spot. What a curse it is to be an immature gamer... :)

- FireFalcon ~};^

X_FIREFALCON said:
Wowie...gotta always love a console debate. ;)

If any of these gaming threads turn into the type of "console debate" you might be thinking of, they'll be promptly shut down for violation of CZ rule 3.

Hey, I really like playing GTA3, but i don't think I'm a big man because of it (I'm a big man for other reasons, ehehehe). I actually play GTA to satisfy the teenager in me. I have nothing against GTA in itself. But most people who say stuff like "Nintendo games are for 5 year olders" usually think they are grown ups because they play GTA. I've seen that in countless foruns...

Happy Camper, I'm still waiting for a list of childish games for the Cube. You didn't name a single one. BTW, you are free to dislike any games in any plataforms, just don't say they're for kids when they are not. I didn't mean to offend you, but you must provide better support for your claims.

My mother-in-law and her husband, both past their fifties, enjoy playing Mario Kart: DD a lot, because it is FUN, plain and simple.

I had a house warming party the other day, full of non-gamer-30yr olders-who-have-lives and they asked me to stop the music and turn the cube on again, so that they could play more Donkey Konga. Later, there were 4 semi druken very pretty girls having a blast with Mario Kart DD (yep, this one is a winner).

That's why I think Nintendo games are NOT JUST for kiddies. They are for EVERYONE. Not in the "dummies" meaning of the word, but the "people who aren't rabidd gamers".

Another point: so Nintendo likes to use their main characters again and again... Humm... at least it has more than ONE character, unlike the Xbox, which is a great machine by itself, but totally lacking in the "exclusives" issue. I can count the exclusives that matter in the XBox in one hand... Halo2, Jade Empire, and some others I fail to remember.

Heck, we all here are big fans of a game series that spanned dozens of games, exp. packs, spin offs, different versions... And to be fair, Nintendo have some excellent non-classic stuff now and again. Pikmin is pretty cool (i spent a few hours last night trying to cath the blue and yellow onnions...), killer 7 just rocks (although it is not exclusive anymore), Baten Kaitos is excellent.

Also, how can you say that Paper Mario is the same as Mario Sunshine? Or Mario Golf? Or Mario strikers?

This was a tough one for me, as I love both the Zelda series and enjoyed Morrowind immensely. I think I'll enjoy Oblivion more. For me Nintendo games are party type games, or rather games that you play with lots of friends (or even maybe just one friend) present.

The fact of the matter is this though. If I'm with a group or at a friend's house or have friends at my house I'd much rather play something like Zelda, but if I'm playing alone I would enjoy something like Oblivion more. However, most of my gaming takes place while I'm alone, so I have to vote Oblivion.

Oblivion, hands down. This game will take the best elements of Half Life 2 (Graphics, Havok Physics) and the best of Morrowind (Detailed story, non-linear Quest System) and combine them into one heart-stoppingly amazing game. Another game i'm really looking forward to is Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. If it does, in fact, ever ship.

Edfilho said:
Another point: so Nintendo likes to use their main characters again and again... Humm... at least it has more than ONE character, unlike the Xbox, which is a great machine by itself, but totally lacking in the "exclusives" issue. I can count the exclusives that matter in the XBox in one hand... Halo2, Jade Empire, and some others I fail to remember.

I disagree with that. I think you fail to remember quite a bit. :) There are quite a few good exclusives for all the systems. The Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden games that are exclusive for XBox are really incredible. There are great racers like Project Gotham, Rallisport Challenge and Forza. You can't get Steel Battalion anywhere else. The latest Unreal Championship is very good. Kingdom Under Fire could only be done well on the XBox. There's Fable, Thief, Deus Ex, Crimson Skies, Brute Force, Panzer Dragoon, House of the Dead and many more.

Are you counting them exclusive if they're still on PC too? Morrowind, Knights of the Old Republix, Doom, Chronicles of Riddick, Republic Commando, Full Spectrum Warrior are others all really great XBox/PC games. If I had a choice, I'd take most of those on the XBox.

I think what you mean is that the XBox and PS2 really lack good mascots which is important. The PS2's got a bunch of crummy generic ones, and the XBox simply just has the Master Chief. Games like Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, Mario Party, the Mario sports and others where you can concoct a great game entirely out of well known mascots are really neat.

Edfilho said:
I had a house warming party the other day, full of non-gamer-30yr olders-who-have-lives and they asked me to stop the music and turn the cube on again, so that they could play more Donkey Konga. Later, there were 4 semi druken very pretty girls having a blast with Mario Kart DD (yep, this one is a winner).
You make a damn good point. You never get that when you're playing the pc.
Edfilho said:
Happy Camper, I'm still waiting for a list of childish games for the Cube.
That's also a fair point. I'll take back what I said until I get some names of games that I thought were really really poor, unfortunately, the bad games tend to be pretty forgettable.

Back