UFO: Aftermath

Dyret

Super Carrot!
I some X-com threads a while back, and now i wanted to start a thread about Aftermath for two reasons:

1. It would be intresting to know what people think about it. I don't think it's even close to being as good as X-com, but a great game anyway. I especially liked the research reports and the huge selection of equiptment.

2. I'm totally stuck at the second dreamland research base. I'm kicking serious alien ass all over earth, (I control all of Europe and North America.) but in this mission the alien missile launchers give me hell. All of my soldiers have sun armor, and i have tried countless weapon combinations. Any advice on how to beat this mission would be very welcome.

It's only been five hours, you need to give it some time.

Also:

ohshit.gif

Last edited:
I'd like to give you any advice, but my X-Com experience ends with Interceptor. Enforcer most certainly wasn't woth lookin at and Aftermath didn't look too appealing either. I HATE 3D.

I have played XCOM 1,2 and Apocalypse never player Interceptor and Enforcer.
UFO Aftermath is a good game and I too am currently playing at the moment.
I have completed the 2nd Dreamland Archives mission (In Russia right?)
Funny thing is, is that I did not have Sun Armour and I got all my soldiers with Heavy Armour armed with Standard weaponary, no alien weapons.
Um I have a question for you, how do you start with the game play with fast research/development??

Dahan said:
I have completed the 2nd Dreamland Archives mission (In Russia right?)
Funny thing is, is that I did not have Sun Armour and I got all my soldiers with Heavy Armour armed with Standard weaponary, no alien weapons.

I'll try that then. Thanks. I guess the armor these aliens are wearing gives good protection against plasma and such. (sky armor?)

Um I have a question for you, how do you start with the game play with fast research/development??

I don't really know what you mean, so i'll just give you my general advice on R&D.
First, change your engineering base to a research base and research Twillight and fall. Then change it back and develop goodwill campaign.

-You should always have more military bases than other bases.
-Keep your other bases in the center of your territory.

cff said:
I'd like to give you any advice, but my X-Com experience ends with Interceptor. Enforcer most certainly wasn't woth lookin at and Aftermath didn't look too appealing either. I HATE 3D.
The 3D graphics in Aftermath could have been neat, IMO... had they bothered to use them. That was the biggest turn-off for me - it turned out the 3D graphics didn't improve the game in any way (since it was still a pseudo-isometric view), and instead made it worse in all sorts of horrible ways (mainly that you couldn't enter buildings nor damage them).

OK I will try that approach
The problem when I play is that research takes so long depending how many facilities I have and all.
Waht do you know after UFO:Aftershock???

Dahan said:
The problem when I play is that research takes so long depending how many facilities I have and all.

IMO this is one of the truly great things about the X-com and UFO games. When you start the game you don't have a snowballs chance in hell, but very slowly you'll start to learn more about the enemy and how to wield their weapons against them. And then, finally after a long frustrating war, you finally knock at their front door. I remember well the first time i saw the avenger in action. A truly beatiful moment.

ya X-COM1 (EU), X-COM2 (deep) and X-COM3 (apoc) are the best and the only real UFO games. Everything else doesn't worth looking at for the real UFO fans.

IMHO Interceptor is surprisingly good as well. Not WC good, but quite a nice game. Fly mechanics reminds me of X-Wing, while the out of cockpit gameplay is like regular X-Com which gives the whole thing an Armadaish feeling for me.

Back