UE Music

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
Have you UE people decided if you're releasing the UE music in any format?

We were considering releasing a CD of the music and originally the opinions of that were very high.... then we moved to solsector and they were not so high, perhaps time to revive the poll?

I plan to eventually put together a package of the original midis and perhaps a few of the scores. It could be just in this format, just as a CD, or both. As these are midis, they obviously are not the quality of the MP3s or a CD, so I may end up taking both options. It depends on the poll.

If you ever want some help with composition on UE2 if feeling so inclined, I've got a couple useless portions of march-type songs that got thrown by the wayside but were basically based off WC4 style orchestral pieces... of course by then I'll probably be in college and too busy to bother myself. :confused: Well, hopefully not.

Thank you. I'll remember the offer... could come in handy (I'm thinking more of in the simulator than anywhere else). We'll see what happens. I would like to hear some of what you've done though. Is there anywhere I could go to dl any samples?

When my computer took a dive and I had to format, they went into oblivion... at least the MIDI formats. I also lost any MIDI transcription software that went with it. I still have everything on paper, but I'd have to sit down and click it back in. Perhaps if I get around to that...

MIDIs might be a good idea, for people with good equipment (not that I'm one of them). Or you could get said people to render them to MP3 for you. Say Needaham, perhaps you should have spoken to Mad Hatter - he's done some very nice MIDI to MP3 conversions before.

Needaham: I think we shoud make a music team of 3 or 4 ppl including me for UE2, not more, this is just and Idea, I will like to help more on the music for UE2.

and I will like to be the kats againg for UE2, I'm getting better equipment soon so I will make the kats voice better next time :D

Antix: If you ever get around to doing that, let me know.

Wedge: MIDIs, quite honestly, are the only things that will work. We can't higher an orchestra, and the only one I have access to would sound worse than a MIDI. I am learning new techniques and working on it. In order for me to consider using different people with different sounds though, I need to hear what people can do. If anyone would like to try to show me what they can do with a midi, let me know. I will send you a midi of the theme from UE, along with my MP3 conversion, and you could convert the midi to an MP3 using whatever means you use. Then send me the final result. That way I can make a judgement, rather than just go on people saying "this sounds good" or "I can do it".

Rampage: A music team is certainly a possibility. It's too early to make decisions as to that sort of thing right now. As soon as UE2 gets rolling, we can discuss that idea more.

Yes... we do Filler.

For those of you who were wondering, Filler plays bass, and I play piano, clarinet, several different saxophones, and a really bad flute. I think the live recording will have me on piano and saxophone (the wonders of overdubbing).

Filler: Any word on that drummer?

A complete piano arragement of the music would be very nice. If the quality is good enough, I'd definitely consider buying it.

I haven't asked him yet, he's pretty busy before christmas. He's got a show for national tv to prepare.

Lehah: There are so many parts, condensing it down to just piano would be very hard. That doesn't mean I couldn't do it, just that it would take time. I will look into it though.

Filler: We probably won't record until that time passes anyway... so it's ok.

Score reductions generally aren't as hard as they seem. You might run into a couple problems with the percussion and the orchestral hits, but there are plenty of ways to get past that.

Y'know Needaham, this would be more appropriate for PM, but since you appear to have disabled it...

I simply suggested Mad Hatter, because I've asked him to do some MIDI to MP3 conversions for me so I could make some really nice WC CDs for myself. There's a some stuff still up here.

[BTW, are you prepared to release MIDIs? I really liked the first part of the 'inflight' music played in the main missions.]

oh well, Needaham has 11 more posts before he's promoted.
if he posts like me and ghost did today, he'll get there in a couple of minutes

Mmm, forgot about that. I would also have thought that a regular user could still send to cadets, but I guess it makes sense not to (how could they reply?).

Back