Trouble with Campaign

Tukaram75

Spaceman
I got started on the pirate woman's campain, but after one of the missions where I was supposed to go deliver goods, and then come back to the secret pirate mining base to find her, I forgot where the base was, now I've flown all over doing missions, but none of them are for the campain or anything, I mean as much fun as it is flying in a fully tweaked out cent with 1.2 million credits, I'd like to get back to the storyline.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

It's off an un-mapped jump-point in 119CE.

Here's an idea: Maybe the bar-tenders should whisper Tayla's location when the program detects that the player is not going back. Too many players seem to get stuck here...

The nav map in the origional charted Pentonville, once Tayla told you how to get there from New Detroit. Could be a limit or bug, but the nav map in the remake never lists it.
No problem, I set a nav map trail between Troy and 119ce, and was able to backtrack.

Greetings All,

That's strange....after meeting her in Detriot, everytime I jump into 119CE, Pentonville Jumppoint has always shown up for me with no problem and I've been back to her several times (in the plot).

That's strange that alot of people keep missing it or it keeps getting left out.

Bartender: "Hey Buddy, did ya hear? The Kilrathi have a hidden base near the Tr'Pakh system....oh, and by the way, in order to get back to Tayla, look for a unmapped jumppoint in the 119CE system. Tell her I said "Hi"."

Oh, yeah, thats the ticket!! ;>

Starblazer

The jump point itself is always there in 119ce. People are having problems because they forget what system it is in, and Pentonville doesn't show up on the map. If anyone wants to know, we didn't decide it shouldn't show up, it is simply a side effect of another fix.

Players who can't find Pentonville might find this map useful. Note that on the map it is labelled as N9CE, when it should be 119CE.

Players who can't remember that it's Pentonville should have a notebook :)

What the Hell is that Gemini system connecting Troy and Junction?!!! Did I miss something in the original game?

No, you didn't, because there isn't one.

To the original poster on this thread, you have to do what I'm going to have to do. Start the game over. I took Tayla's first mission, and STUPIDLY went out doing other missions along the way, and she fired me. So if you go back to New Detroit, you'll see that you're fired, too. There's no way to restart the campaign once you f it up like we did.

Weird Al said:
Players who can't find Pentonville might find this map useful. Note that on the map it is labelled as N9CE, when it should be 119CE.
Note also that map has a ver common error: a jump from Troy to Pollux, and from Pollux to War. No such jump exist. There is a jump from Troy to War, and Pollux only connects to Sherwood. The CIC's own map had this error until recently and I have no idea where it comes from. Surely someone who makes a map has played and remembers the original.. Anyway.
What the Hell is that Gemini system connecting Troy and Junction?!!!
Where are you seeing something like that?? The system is there in the universe.xml but the jumps have been removed for Privateer. Are you playing with a patch or something?

No, JKeefe, in his post that says "I prefer this map. More nostalgia. :)" has a link to a map that shows things I'd never seen... here! ... with lines going off the map... What's all that about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tha's not the same link as in JKeefe's post..

ANyway, Privateer only had systems in the Gemini sector. There are a lot of systems that weren't in Privateer, whole other sectors and whatnot, and one system actually in Gemini sector that wasn't in Privateer. I'm not sure where it came from, what canon source referenced its existence, but it isn't in Privateer, nd thus not in our game.

The original game limits itself to the Gemini Sector, so you can't get out of it. WCU has those jump points (as well as the Gemini one). WCU is really not that ready for play yet, so I suggest you finish Priv normally then get WCU.

Ok, I'm starting to get the drift what this "WCU" people were mentioning is about...
Wing Commander Universe, I suppose? Funny, when I played priv and rf, I spent probably a week flying off the map from the fronteer systems, looking for unofficial jumps... I was convince there had to be a way to get to Kilrah.. ;-)
So looks like my old dream is coming true. I love you, people.

http://www.spiritplumber.com/priv_remake/wcu-data.zip
http://www.spiritplumber.com/priv_remake/wcu-code.zip

Make a fresh install of the Privateer remake, unzip these two files in it, and start a new game. You'll get extra systems, extra ships, and so on. This is very much in development though, so your mileage may vary! This said, have fun and TELL ME IF THERE ARE ANY PROBLEMS. The forum for WCU right now is at

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=12

so don't bother the wonderful kitties here.

have you tried the tingerhoff based campaign? make sure to dump your cargo if you agree to or you miss out on a lot of the campaign (don't worry you have a chance to work for evil, even if you dump the cargo and betray them now)

Back