Trobule running WC Prophecy

H

Hepcat

I have trouble playing WC Prophecy. While the game is running without problems, the video-sequences (movies...) are "bucking".

My Machine:

AMD XP 1900+
512 MB DDR-RAM
GeForce3 TI 200, Detonator 30.82
Windows XP

is my PC too fast for the video-sequeces? What can i do?

Thanks!

Chris "Hepcat" Reischl

Hey!Go to the Tech Support and you ll find the solution!

Anyway...To solve the problem.Go to the DXDiag,sound and set to "no sound acceleration".That sould solve the problem :cool:

Run DxDiag (Start, Run..., DxDiag), go to the Sound tab, and adjust the Hardware Sound Acceleration Level. Try it at a few different levels and see if that helps.

Originally posted by WildWeasel
Run DxDiag (Start, Run..., DxDiag), go to the Sound tab, and adjust the Hardware Sound Acceleration Level. Try it at a few different levels and see if that helps.

Yo! here we go again;)

I tried all Hardware Sound Acceleration Levels, but the problem is still the same. If i deactivate Hardware Sound Acceleration completely, the video-sequenz freezes, the computer hangs up and only thing i can do is a hardware-reset.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I´ll try to slow down my computer, perhaps this will help. Does anybody know a good freeware program (running with Windows XP) for slowing down my cpu-speed?

Greets

Chris "Hepcat" Reischl

I don't think CPU speed has anything to do with it. Have you tried setting the executable to Windows 95 compatibility? (Right-click on the EXE file)

At least to me Wedge,that doesnt work either... :(
Thats why I wanted to "uninstall" DirectX and now Iam without a PC at all :(

Achhh I went and bought and X-box yesterday, damn M$ and their 4 free games.
Still... I'd have never continued life without the prospect of Shenmue 3 and there was no way my PC could handle Doom 3. Heres hoping Freelancer is ported to the X-box I suppose.

As to your problem I have no solution... UE2 on a new engine anyone? :p

turn hardware acceleration all the way down. Put the program to run in Windows 95 compatibility mode if you have XP that should solve any problems you have.

Heh, kinda reminds you of typical big-company Tech Support, doesn't it? ;) "Have you got the latest drivers? Well, download them anyway."

Seriously though, it's a pretty rare problem, and the reason why people keep offering the same advice is that we simply don't know what else could be causing it.

Microsoft`s Windows tech support."I got problem with the sound"
Microsoft:"Are the speaker`s on?","Do you have a sound card"?

............I hate microsoft...stupid !@$@#^#$^

Their support is completely stupid and useless! !:mad:

Believe it or not, the simple and stupid things that could be wrong are very often what is wrong.

One of my favs is the guy who couldn't get his computer to work and couldn't see if it was hooked up properly because the lights were out.....because the power was out.....

:rolleyes:

I like the "the coffee holder in my PC is broken" story better :). Of course, stories like this are generally urban legends anyway.

Back