Treasures of the Archangel Quadrant: Yena (September 16, 2011)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
These are the first of several updates showing off high resolutions of Privateer 3's different planets. This is Yena, one of the game's agricultural worlds. The two screens were the planet's port and hangar. The official description reads: "Yena produces some of the finest in synthetic meats found in the quad. Its close proximity to New Damascus and Vigilance assures it of a steady supply of credits for its goods. However, much of the wealth is squandered by the government which constantly is finding new environmental concerns on which to spend money. Yenans are a hard, proud people, though many off-worlders think of them as loud and obnoxious."

--
Original update published on September 16, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed it before, but I agree. This business of starting news-related threads but not actually writing anything is getting a little annoying. I understand one might wish to write something, but then change his/her mind, but that should only happen on occasion, not all the time.

Anyway, I seem to have saved this series of images from somewhere previously. Still, it's nice to revisit and nicer to have a per-planet explanation of what each is supposed to represent.

You'll find a bunch of images you didn't have before soon. and in most cases these are improved versions where they already exist, since they're tbe source renders instead of scans from the magazine and set book.

Thank you
Seeing these makes my soul ache for the game I never got to play.

Perhaps they might reconsider it for development...
When you find the alternate reality in which this game was not cancelled I'm moving.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that cancelling this game was the single worst decision any human being has ever made ever.

Its always baffling to hear about games begin cancelled mid-development. All those assets down the drain. Been happening a lot here in Australia where the game industry is a wreck - damn our high dollar!

I remember when Prophecy was released, I was eagerly waiting for the rest of the 'trilogy'. Then we got Secret Ops, and with my dial-up connection I was just mad.

This one was especially hard because they canned it right after revealing it to the world in this beautiful magazine article... and now we can see so much work.

The other one that kills me is WC2 SNES. Someday...

Back