Treasure Hunt

PilotWings01

Spaceman
In the mission "Treasure Hunt" i am having some real trouble. In the mission you get 3 min. to destroy about 8 mantas (i believe, i never really counted) at least that's what i am coming to understand from the mission. In the briefing alpha and bravo wings must discover the communications beacon, but they never said anything about destroying the wings of mantas. I'm not sure if i am doing the mission correctly, i can't defeat all of the mantas in 3 min, they are too far apart, some are even 20 k away.
Am i doing this mission right? are others contemplating death for their game boy? :mad:

Is that the one that you're paired up with Stiletto in and you have to search an asteroid field for a comm device of some sort? If so, the problem isn't the number of mantas you have to kill. The problem is that for whatever reason, you have to find the item before Stiletto does.

No, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but call it a bug and leave it at that.

And let the mantas keep Stiletto busy while you search for the object.

This mission is a stone bitch. If you look at your HUD, you'll notice that theres 3 non-ship targets, I suggest taking a look at them ;)

Originally posted by LeHah
This mission is a stone bitch. If you look at your HUD, you'll notice that theres 3 non-ship targets, I suggest taking a look at them ;)

I did the same thing, that use to be the only mission on Prophicy that stumped me intell i relized what i should been doing.

It's fortunate that failing Treasure Hunt doesn't affect your mission path, but having Stiletto gloat over you isn't much fun.

Originally posted by Wedge009
It's fortunate that failing Treasure Hunt doesn't affect your mission path, but having Stiletto gloat over you isn't much fun.

Yeah and we can't let that happend right guys :p

That is a tough mission to get the probe. The first time I played it I got the probe. But all the other times I couldn't.

Originally posted by T8H3X11
That is a tough mission to get the probe. The first time I played it I got the probe. But all the other times I couldn't.

Thats interesting...you'd think you'd do it easyer the more times you play it.

Originally posted by IPhoenixI
Thats interesting...you'd think you'd do it easyer the more times you play it.

Yeah, well the first time you go at it blindly, the second time you know what to do and you try too hard.

Originally posted by Wedge009

I think they cut that out of the GBA version.

That's probably a good thing. It wasn't that much, anyway.

Stiletto: Rough mission, Casey?
Casey: Yeah.
Stiletto: So you let one get past you. It happens. Besides, I picked up the buoy anyway. Just dropped it off in at Science Division’s lab. They seemed pretty excited. Coming?
Casey: Yeah, I think I gotta, um, ah… I’ll get the next one.
Stiletto: Suit yourself. See you in pilot country.
Casey: <sigh>

Back