Transformers 2 SPOILERS

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
Say the movie last night in Imax and was not impressed.

The story might have been ok had it not been 150 minutes long. The final scenes simply drag on for real no purpose.

The Megatron/Fallen/Starscream interactions were pretty bad at times. Could the dialogue have stolen any more from Star Wars? Never mind when the Primes appear to Sam and tell him its his destiny to reanimate Prime. I was pretty disgusted by the connections at points.

The fight scenes at times were ok, but for the most part they were blurry and hard to follow. You never got a sense of who was who during the action. The Decepticons towards the end ended up all looking alike and you didn't really care what happened to them since they only appear for a minute or two then are killed/gone. You were never able to get a good understanding of the transfomers (scale/looks/etc) because of the way the fights are shown.

The surviving Decepticons from the first movie are hardly addressed. Instead we are bombarded with all these new ones that you will never care about because no time is spent in introducing them. The same goes with the Autobots. There are a few new ones but you never find out anything about them. The "twins" however are an abomination. Spewing jive talk, one having a gold tooth, at one point calling a character a "pussy" seem outside good taste and what you'd might expect from an Autobot.

The plot element of killing Prime was stupid and failed to produce the effect they were seeking. In the original movie (cartoon) when Prime dies I remember being devastated. This time, it didn't matter because you could tell that he would be back on his feet by the end of the movie.

The human characters had moments (Megan Fox interacting with her little Decepticon at first the humping leg part was awful), mostly in the first half of the film. The second half was just a tragedy of epic proportions for everyone involved.

The movie lacked suspense because of the final half. 90% of that footage should have been on the cutting room floor. Instead of adding 40 some odd transformers it would have been better to focus more on the ones from the first movie (who everybody would remember) and slowly introduce new ones.

Some scenes were poorly edited and things not explained well. Sam's sudden cast appearance (it's painfully obvious that one second it's not there and the next it is). The lack of Bumblebee and the twins interacting with Jetfire despite being right in front of him. Giving some of them accents (Jetfire being an SR-71 is British somehow?) Prime's last line to the Fallen was also extremely corny, playing off both the cartoon movie's famous line and the first movie's reuse of it (One shall stand and one shall fall) "I shall stand and you shall fall".

While I had read the reviews before going into the movie I had kept my hopes up it was just reviewers being reviewers, however after having seen it I have to say I agree with almost all of their conclusions. As well as the fact the movie basically ends the same way as the first setting up the third movie. Maybe for that one they will hire writers that know what they are doing.

I saw it last night and I think that people watching it in Imax - while there's a few scenes that probably look amazing (IE the ones filmed for IMAX) are doing themselves a diservice. My home town theater is crappy and a bit small, and I found it quite easy to tell what was going on, though I found that on my home theater system as well with the first film.

I also read a lot of the reviews before hand and can't say I agree with most of it. I quite enjoyed it actually and found in not much below the first. The real problem with revenge of the fallen though isn't the legnth, it's that the movie never stops to breath. The first half isn't as actiony as most reviews would lead you to believe though. But complaints that the story is hard to follow are retarded. The plot is so straight forward. There really arent any twists here. Gaps in logic aside, the movie moves along quickly but I do agree that you really start to tire of it at about the 2h 15 min mark. The end battle is well done, but
having the parents kidnapped seemed really useless and unesseccary. Their funny for a bit but when they show up at the end you don't really want more shouting people in the already noisy affair

The twins weren't as annoying as I expected, definitely not Jar Jar level anoying and were in the move a lot less than I would have thought from the review.
It's not really until they get to Petra that they have any real kind of pressence.

As for all the new transformers, I don't think it matters if we care about any of them. The only ones people really need to be invested in are Optimus, and Bumblebee.
The new additions actually add an interesting element of the decepticons not necessarily being evil. So we have Jetfire and Megan Fox's pet decepticon. It's a nice notion that could have been developed more but it's nice that they used it for the two new transformers that actually have some screentime. But it's a point taken that it's unfortunate that the only other two that get any real screen time are the twins but even so it's never really that big of a deal.

Where the decepticons are concerned I think we do get to see enough of the ones that matter. There's starscream and megatron from the first film, so little filling in is needed there, and I think the appeal of some of the others isn't what kind of character they are but what they turn into and what their abilities are, so we have memorable ones like the cat-like one, devastator, and... was it Soundwave? The fembot should have been left out though, as the logic of that whole sequence was pointlessly idiotic.

The only real disapointing one is the Fallen, which never seems like as much of a threat or of a fight as they play him up to be. He doesn't even come to earth until after optimus if out of the scene- though that makes since with the "only a prime can kill the fallen" crap.

My main plot gripe is actually the convenience of Jetfire being able to create wormholes so they can teleport across the globe in seconds... that just seemed lie a contrivace created simply because the writers were lazy.

I think points about the editing are justified to a degree. None of the scenes are alloud to breath and I imagine there was a lot of studio pressure to get the legnth of the movie down to a managable size... though the end running time is pretty similar to the first one.

Over all I had fun with it though. And for what it's worth, wife and daughter quite enjoyed it too.
Maybe your feelings on the death of Optimus have to do with age though Dund, since my 6 1/2 year old seems to be all the sudden obsessed with optimus and she was rather upset that he died...

I agree it wasn't allowed to breath.
However even in the action scenes they lose their effect because it's hard to tell what the hell is going on. When Optimus is fighting in the woods you sort of know he is kicking ass but it's hard to tell exactly what he's doing. It is also hard to tell the Decepticons apart at times in those sequences because several have a similar transformed appearance.

I thought the inclusion of Soundwave was great. The voice, shooting out his the tiger-esque transformer all brought back the appeal of the original.

The Fallen was truly a disappointment. I strongly disliked the whole "master" interaction going on with him and Megatron and at times it was annoying with Starscream as well. Especially the final Starscream line about cowards. Would Megatron ever listen to that crap from Starscream and not slap the shit out of him? Doubtful. Also, considering in the first movie all the "Hail Megatron" messages that were sent why does he all the sudden have a master? The Fallen is no Unicron.

Devastator was also a bit of a let down. The wrecking ball testicles was awful as was the "Captain I know you have a battleship out there with a railgun." And it cuts to a destroyer with its 5" gun replaced by a rail gun that is apparently shooting from the Red Sea (?) to Giza.

The part about Jetfire being able to warp isn't as annoying, although I agree with your statements. He's supposed to be a "seeker" finding stars suitable for destruction. So his ability sort of meshes with his mission. I disliked his accent and his corny sacrifice. Why should we care if he gives his parts to Optimus? Jetfire's sacrifice is supposed to be playing up the same role that Skyfire did in G1 when he sacrificed himself to prevent the Decepticons from draining the Earth's core for power. However with so little time spent on his character and mostly on his aiding in the search his sacrifice didn't really seem important.

Perhaps you are right about the age thing and Optimus AD. As a child I remember being really upset that he died and remember being elated when he was brought back. Remembering this (and the fact that Megatron is reanimated earlier) I knew that they wouldn't completely kill him off. What annoyed me was before release they played up the fact that Optimus would have a larger role yet for a large portion of the movie he is "dead." And his treatment when he is dead. None of the autobots really react to his passing. He is unceremoniously dumped at the airbase with little reaction from anybody.

I definitely agree with the 2hr 15min mark. I went to an 11pm show last night and first it started 20 minutes late because of technical difficulties (which also happened during my showing the movie started we see transformers entering the atmosphere then black screen...several minutes later the movie restarted right when Optimus begins his voiceover. I didn't leave the theater till 2am. I started to stop caring when it seemed Sam was never getting any closer. Where did Jetfire go off to? Or Bumblebee? The parents return made no sense since Bumblebee is told to take them far away and yet there they are. Their kidnapping was also poorly executed. What was the point?

Some of the humor was also stupid. How many fart and cock jokes did we really need? (See kitchen sequence)

I did however love the Rainn Wilson cameo. That was priceless.

I just wish the fight scenes weren't so blurry and more wide shots. What's the point of seeing Optimus bust out his sword if we don't get to see it do major damage?

I just wish the fight scenes weren't so blurry and more wide shots. What's the point of seeing Optimus bust out his sword if we don't get to see it do major damage?

I seem to remember Optimus
hacking off limbs and impaling decepticons quite a bit in the forest fight. The wierd part here for me is that they leave the factory which looks like it's in the middle of the city and are immediately in the forest... The one fight I did think was way to muddled was the opening shanghai attack.

But I also maintain what I said about the size of the screen being a big issue with being able to tell what's going on, since you can't really look at the whole picture in IMAX... even so, I would go to a theater with a smaller screen and then sit at the very back and see what you think. I really had no issue with this. I can't think of a single scene I'd describe as blurry.

THere did seem to be a handfull of generic looking decepticons but I don't really think it mattered much. Part of the idea in the film that I saw was that there seems to be a basic shape the decepticons share. A lot of their varyation comes from what they mimic on earth. I don't complain that I can't tell apart most of the human soldiers that die in the film but never get to meet. So it makes sense to me that all the transformers in the ancient scenes also look like the Fallen.

I seem to remember Optimus
hacking off limbs and impaling decepticons quite a bit in the forest fight. The wierd part here for me is that they leave the factory which looks like it's in the middle of the city and are immediately in the forest... The one fight I did think was way to muddled was the opening shanghai attack.

Perhaps the size of the IMax screen had a bit to do with it, but I was sitting in the back row of the theater and found many of the scenes hard to follow even with that larger perspective.

Something weirder than the factory to forest scene was the scene at the Air & Space Museum...they walk out the back door and arrive in an airplane graveyard? In the middle of DC?

Some of the forest fight is very cool, it's just that certain parts seemed hard to follow. Especially towards the end when Optimus starts to really open up. I don't know if I'll go see it again in the theaters simply because I'll probably fall asleep this time during the final hour and a half.

I really didn't want to dislike this movie but the length of it really does a lot to ruin it. A little breathing time in the second half and a bit more development on characters (and not resorting to the "killing" Optimus stunt) would have made it a better flick. I liked the first movie a lot, but the writing in this one is really bad at times it's hard to truly like it.

Perhaps the third film they will hire some better writers and think a little bit more about the plot. I mean I like the nods to fanboys (Jetfire, Soundwave, bits towards the first movie, Constructicons) some of it just didn't fit/work.

Thinking more about Prime's "death," in the first movie when I heard them repeat the line "One shall stand and one shall fall" I remember being on the edge of my seat because I remembered it from the first movie. I turned to my friend and said "If Optimus dies again I'm going to lose it." Granted they changed the direction by offing Megatron for the time being, but that sequence produced a nice suspense. Whereas the forest sequence and his death there made me annoyed. The rage and emotion of Megatron/Prime's fight in the first one was lost.

I've seen it in both the regular theatre (advance screening) and in IMAX.

The advance screening was good, but I found several issues with it - a lot of the scenes (especially action) were a lot blurrier, and it was harder to follow the action. With the IMAX, it was clearer and easier. Basically, it was high-def vs standard def. It was well worth it.

I'm curious as to how the movie does. I've seen reviews all over the map. On TF fan sites, I've seen reviews from "Absolutely awful" to "Excellent", and in other movie reviews, the same. Awful or Great. Most agree it's better than the first, fixing a few flaws (less squishies, more action, more bots). From people I've talked to who seen it, they've liked it, and the only kind of feedback I get from people who hated it, it seems they wouldn't be impressed with any Michael Bay film (they complain about stuff that's typical in a Bay film).

I found the first movie hard to follow - it took me until the 3rd viewing or so to figure out what's going on. This time around, it was far easier. Maybe it's because I can at least identify everyone, and the new characters have been introduced before on the various TF news sites.

Now some topics that are spoilers...

Prime's death isn't entirely unusual. It had an inauspicious start in Transformers: The Movie (1986) which apparently caused a bit of a stir. But since then, it appears that Optimus Prime will die somehow in every Transformers series since. Thus, him dying in the movie isn't unexpected, but more of "it's going to happen sometime". It's enough that fans normally just say "Prime dies every other Sunday".

Here's a nice inconsistency. In the first movie, Prime grabs an Allspark fragment from Megatron, and says, "I'm sorry, brother." There was much speculation on this "brother" part. Yet in this movie, we find "brother" means the Primes, of whom the last two were The Fallen, and Optimus. Thus, Megatron is NOT a Prime...

Anyhow, we must remember that while the movie makes money, Hasbro doesn't do it for that money - they do it to sell toys. Thus TF2 really returns back to its roots of the cartoon which seem to introduce new characters every episode. I know in the first movie, Hasbro let Paramount/Bay keep all the money, not sure in this one.

Anyhow, we must remember that while the movie makes money, Hasbro doesn't do it for that money - they do it to sell toys. Thus TF2 really returns back to its roots of the cartoon which seem to introduce new characters every episode. I know in the first movie, Hasbro let Paramount/Bay keep all the money, not sure in this one.

Michael Bay directed and produced the first Transformers for a percentage of the profit of the film *and* merchandising from what I've heard. His take was somewhere around 75 million dollars once everything was said and done. He reportedly didn't actually bother getting a paycheck for the actual directing. I assume he worked out a similar deal for revenge of the fallen.

Worf, was the IMAX screening you went to a true 70mm IMAX or one of those IMAX digital things that have been creeping into multiplexes?

Prime's death isn't entirely unusual. It had an inauspicious start in Transformers: The Movie (1986) which apparently caused a bit of a stir. But since then, it appears that Optimus Prime will die somehow in every Transformers series since. Thus, him dying in the movie isn't unexpected, but more of "it's going to happen sometime". It's enough that fans normally just say "Prime dies every other Sunday".

Here's a nice inconsistency. In the first movie, Prime grabs an Allspark fragment from Megatron, and says, "I'm sorry, brother." There was much speculation on this "brother" part. Yet in this movie, we find "brother" means the Primes, of whom the last two were The Fallen, and Optimus. Thus, Megatron is NOT a Prime...

As I've said previously, I saw the original movie in the theaters and was really devastated by Prime's death. In that sequence they make it clear that he's not going to get back up (even though they later did bring him back because so many fans were pissed). In this movie's case though it was a stupid movie. We didn't need Prime to be dead to set the plot on course to find the matrix of leadership. They would have had to do it anyways so as to prevent The Fallen from using the Sun harvester.

The brother thing between Prime and Megatron is a bit more metaphorical than the two actually being brothers. Prime might be saying it because they are (well at least until this movie) the leaders of their respective sides.

I'll give it a B-

Things I liked:
- They made good use of the wacky comedy that Sam's mom has.
- As mentioned beforehand, Prime's ass-whooping in the forest; the "choreography", if you will, was brilliant IMO. Even though I felt Prime getting whacked somewhere in there, the fact that he was the supreme badass was great.
- SOME of the comedic moments were well-played.
- The inclusion of Soundwave and Ravage. While it was disappointing that Soundwave wasn't much more than a comm hijacker (though I know his function was Communications), the feel for Ravage was right.
- Truro's penchant for waxing eccentric was brilliant. "One man, betrayed by his country..." That was great.

Things I didn't like so much:

- They seemed to fall into the same trap that I thought was a major factor in killing some other previously-good adaptations: They tried to add way too many into one movie. It was robot overload and robot scenes got convoluted.
- While the Space Bridge reference was used for Jetfire's teleportation ability, it also felt cheap...a reference grab just to grab a reference.
- The Twins, to me, WERE about as annoying as Jar-Jar. They made no sense to the plot and found myself disappointed that the one sucked into Devastator actually didn't get chewed up.
- Speaking of Devastator, why did he go from a humanoid form to an uber-Ravage? While, yes, there have been changes, that's just too much of a change and the "horror" effect ended up making him seem like some sort of half-baked Godzilla.
- Understanding that there are LOTS of robots to go through, it's now expected that very few will ever survive from movie to movie. So why bother with the introduction of them only to now see about 80% of them go ka-boom? Even the return of Scorponok was token and Ravage's attack on Bumblebee was just stupid...just a ploy to kill another Decepticon. And by the time the Unnamed Decepticons came along as foot soldiers, I just didn't care anymore...which sucks. And by the way, didn't Blackout die in the first movie? How'd he come back?
- And what was with the "Doctor" business? A Decepticon version of Perceptor or something? They could have just as easily had Soundwave read Sam's mind and have one less D-Con on the list.

It could have been so much more, had a great amount of potential, but the plot seemed hit and miss...too much comedy/serious/comedy/action/comedy/serious/etc. Whatever the course that the third one's going to take (which, according to MrMovietimes.com, is currently slated for July 1, 2011), I rather hope it'll be a little less choppy than this one was.

As I've said previously, I saw the original movie in the theaters and was really devastated by Prime's death. In that sequence they make it clear that he's not going to get back up (even though they later did bring him back because so many fans were pissed). In this movie's case though it was a stupid movie. We didn't need Prime to be dead to set the plot on course to find the matrix of leadership. They would have had to do it anyways so as to prevent The Fallen from using the Sun harvester.

What Hasbro did in 1986 is inexcusable. In fact, they were taken aback by the effect, so much so that they changed the ending of the GI Joe movie. And it took me 3 watchings of the TFTM DVD before I could make it all the way through. The only reason I watched it all the way was because I forced myself to (this was the night before I was to see the 2007 movie). Good thing I didn't watch it when it was in the theatre - I couldn't handle watching it the first time around as an adult...

However, since then, Prime dies literally every second Sunday. The TF Wiki documents them. As such, in the movie, it was inevitable. Whether you call it lame or not, Optimus Prime must die.

Heck, Transformers Animated holds the record for fastest prime death (3rd episode, which probably puts it 55-odd minutes), and shortest death (75 seconds).

It's become a tradition, basically.

Michael Bay directed and produced the first Transformers for a percentage of the profit of the film *and* merchandising from what I've heard. His take was somewhere around 75 million dollars once everything was said and done. He reportedly didn't actually bother getting a paycheck for the actual directing. I assume he worked out a similar deal for revenge of the fallen.

Worf, was the IMAX screening you went to a true 70mm IMAX or one of those IMAX digital things that have been creeping into multiplexes?

Actually, Bay took a cut of his directing fees to tell Paramount/Dreamworks (then) so that he could film with ihs crew in California - I believe Paramount/Dreamworks execs wanted him to film in Canada or other US location. Instead, he told them he'd cut his fees to film with his crew in Hollywood, effectively. I don't know about the profits from the film since normally no one takes profit-based compensation for movies. (There's some very creative accounting that goes in Hollywood such that no matter how much money a film makes, it doesn't make a profit). Of course, I could be wrong on this point.

I think my IMAX screening was a true IMAX, but it could very well have been fake digital IMAX. The only IMAX screens showing TF2 was in multiplexes. However, it may not be digital simply because the theatres have been around a few years, prior to digital becoming big. It's also in an isolated auditorium, so it may be a true IMAX screening. But shrot of measuring the screen, I can't tell. (There is a real IMAX multiplex in our area, as well as OMNIMAX, but they aren't showing TF2. They do occasionally show non-IMAX documentaries, though.

However, my advice is the same - the reason IMAX is better is because IMAX calibrates the sound and video for best viewing. The regular screenings just go with whatever settings the projectionist sets up, while IMAX dictates exactly how it's supposed to be set up. Plus, with the enhanced source material, better projectors and audio hardware, even a "fake" IMAX screening is pretty damn impressive. Like I said, watching the advance screening compared to the IMAX was like standard def versus high-def. The bots are clearer, more detailed, etc. I felt the advance screening was quite blurry... and the framerate low.

Also unlike the first movie's IMAX (which was effectively an upscaled version of the movie, hence having to add 11 minutes of new content), scenes(and the CGI) were done with real IMAX equipment.

AD - aren't you in Metro Vancouver? If that's the case, I went to Langley Collossus... (my advance screening was at Scotiabank Theatre downtown...)

Edit: Move URL tags around to avoid unintentional spoiling... apparently you can't have a URL tag inside a spoiler tag.

AD - aren't you in Metro Vancouver? If that's the case, I went to Langley Collossus... (my advance screening was at Scotiabank Theatre downtown...)

Edit: Move URL tags around to avoid unintentional spoiling... apparently you can't have a URL tag inside a spoiler tag.

Not quite... I'm a lot further north in the province. I go to Vancouver several times a year usually and we usually end up going to several movies (though I have lived there for a few months at a time spread out through the years for various reasons including school and work).

So Yeah, I'm familiar with the Langley Colossus. That one has been around a while and was constructed with the IMAX screen. They didn't modify and existing one for it so I'm pretty sure it's a true IMAX. The 70mm prints and Huge screen will look countless times better than the digital projection onto the "Mini Imax" that are cropping into regular multiplexes. IF you can find a mini Imax with true 4k projection then it might be alright but I could see that being where Dund is having issues with the picture. People who've gone to various imax digital screenings have reported artifacting and pixelation being very noticable especially if you sit close to the screen.

I watched it on the crappy local theater screen. It was loud, and the picture was miniscule compared to even a regular Famous Players screen. I can't say I noticed anything blurry but it's also not digital projection. But watching it on a screen where it's impossible to focus on the whole picture I can definitely understand how it could be hard to follow what's going on.

I'll give it a B-

Things I liked:
- The inclusion of Soundwave and Ravage. While it was disappointing that Soundwave wasn't much more than a comm hijacker (though I know his function was Communications), the feel for Ravage was right.
- Truro's penchant for waxing eccentric was brilliant. "One man, betrayed by his country..." That was great.

Truro's line towards the end was pretty good. Although, he might have said it one too many times. Soudwave and Ravage were up there for being my favorite about the movie. Just hearing the modulated voice and then when Ravage went flying out my inner child screamed "Hell yeah!"

Things I didn't like so much:

Yeah Devastator as a giant vacuum cleaner loses the kick assness of him being a giant transformer.

I was a bit annoyed when one of the twins survived Devastator. I didn't care if he lived or died and was disappointed that he survived. Decepticons were dying fairly often but most of the Autobots escaped with minor damage. Except Jetfire who was killed and Ironhide who looked like he had taken a big hit.

I agree about the return of the other Decepticons (notice how Barricade was nowhere to be found) Scorponok and Ravage's deaths were pretty dumb.

And the chopper isn't Blackout it's Grindor. A lookalike of Blackout.

Worf said:
What Hasbro did in 1986 is inexcusable. In fact, they were taken aback by the effect, so much so that they changed the ending of the GI Joe movie. And it took me 3 watchings of the TFTM DVD before I could make it all the way through. The only reason I watched it all the way was because I forced myself to (this was the night before I was to see the 2007 movie). Good thing I didn't watch it when it was in the theatre - I couldn't handle watching it the first time around as an adult...

However, since then, Prime dies literally every second Sunday. The TF Wiki documents them. As such, in the movie, it was inevitable. Whether you call it lame or not, Optimus Prime must die.

Heck, Transformers Animated holds the record for fastest prime death (3rd episode, which probably puts it 55-odd minutes), and shortest death (75 seconds).

It's become a tradition, basically.

While I recall this from the series I don't remember it having the same effect as the original movie. In TF2 you know it's a cheap ploy that will probably have no repercussions and it doesn't. You could tell it was final by the way the other Autobots reacted to it. Not a single one seemed concerned/in mourning/etc. He was unceremoniously dumped onto the tarmac and no one (not even the humans) around him really reacted to that. It made the effect of his death diminished. Compare it to the death of Megatron in the first movie. While we knew he'd be back the scenes were set up much better.

When I first read your response about the first movie (86) at first I thought you were talking you couldn't watch through it because it's so bad (it is at times). The music alone is enough to make you either bust out laughing or cringe. Although hearing "you've got the touch" is pretty kick ass.

Saw it lastnight.... The movie was like a speed-up version to me. Not enough detail. And i did not like the transformation sequences at all. Imagine one of your old toys being THAT complex.

I watched it on the crappy local theater screen. It was loud, and the picture was miniscule compared to even a regular Famous Players screen. I can't say I noticed anything blurry but it's also not digital projection. But watching it on a screen where it's impossible to focus on the whole picture I can definitely understand how it could be hard to follow what's going on.

Ah. I knew you were in BC, but not sure if you were in Metro Vancouver.

The advance screening I went to was downtown, and it was a big screen, film presentation. First thing I noted was the low framerate (and flickering... wtf?), and the extreme amount of motion blur applied to the film. Probably just something I noticed... the IMAX presentation seemed a lot crisper to me.

Of course, the Bay-ADHD style of filming also exacerbates things like a slightly unfocused screen and such, because it makes things even blurrier than they are. (I had issues identifying the bots...).

As for the sound, loudness is something I had an issue with - the theatre was set loud, which made me ill during the action scenes from the bass. The IMAX was loud, but not overwhelmingly so. Made it much more enjoyable.

I don't remember who said it or if it was even here, but someone somewhere was complaining about them not using all the surviving transformers from the first film? Well, my wife wanted to re-watch the First (live action) transformers movie after watching the new one, so we ended up doing that tonight.

By my count all the remaining decepticons other than the crazy ones created by the all spark are accounted for. Starscream and Megatron are pretty much the only returnees since we see all the other main ones die.

As for the Autobots, There's only five in the first movie, of which Jazz (the little pontiac solstice) gets ripped in two by Megatron. Ironhide, Bumblebee, and Optimus are all in the new one, only leaving Ratchet behind... It's possible he's there in the new one and I didn't notice but he honestly doesn't really ever say much in the first one either. He does his fair share of fighting in the first but he's never really given much attention.

So there's all of one... Now it may not be the best movie ever, but I think we can put that complaint to rest.

So is Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li better than this movie?

:D
Not by a longshot, although the special effects are nicely done. i would have
expected that they were to use another character, like Zhangief, Dhalsim, or Honda.

Me too, I was completely shocked when a movie called "The Legend of Chun Li" was about Chun Li.

I don't remember who said it or if it was even here, but someone somewhere was complaining about them not using all the surviving transformers from the first film? Well, my wife wanted to re-watch the First (live action) transformers movie after watching the new one, so we ended up doing that tonight.

By my count all the remaining decepticons other than the crazy ones created by the all spark are accounted for. Starscream and Megatron are pretty much the only returnees since we see all the other main ones die.

As for the Autobots, There's only five in the first movie, of which Jazz (the little pontiac solstice) gets ripped in two by Megatron. Ironhide, Bumblebee, and Optimus are all in the new one, only leaving Ratchet behind... It's possible he's there in the new one and I didn't notice but he honestly doesn't really ever say much in the first one either. He does his fair share of fighting in the first but he's never really given much attention.

So there's all of one... Now it may not be the best movie ever, but I think we can put that complaint to rest.

The Autobots are all accounted for - and yes, you see Ratchet, though he doesn't do much, honestly.

However, there is one Decepticon unaccounted for - Barricade (police car). He disappears just before the big end fight. (There is a funny picture showing him chasing the Autobots during a production shot - with the Autobots on the wrong side of the highway).

Though, in the new movie, what happens to Scorponok? We seem him fly out of the desert, then disappear...

Back