Tractor Beams

Speradon

Commodore
Was there ever any evidence to suggest that Kilrathi fighters or bombers (besides Thrakhtah's Bloodfang in WC-II) sported tractor beams and/or cargo holds like Confed's Broadsword and Crossbow?

Also, we see Kilrathi ships using tractor beams in WCA, though I don't remember what kind of ships they were.

I'd like to see that. To this day I still haven't play WCA. What was that game about anyway?

It's too bad there weren't missions where you had to tow ships using tractor beams.

WCA is basically just the simulator from the other games where you can create your own missions and fly different hips. I dont really like it, it hides the mistery of where the enemy is gonna be and what ships there are, etc

Quarto said:
Also, we see Kilrathi ships using tractor beams in WCA, though I don't remember what kind of ships they were.
Gahral tries to get his Grikath flight to rope in Payback's ejection pod in 'Expendable' with a 'Magnetic Grappler' IIRC (looked like tractor beams to me :) ).

C-ya

Oh, right - I didn't even think of that one (I was actually referring to Recreation). Seems like there's a lot more Kilrathi tractorage going on than one might think :).

No. But I did always make it a point to do it in Privateer. Because they turned in to these loin-cloth clad people in a box and where they were automatically ready to be slaves.

overmortal said:
Did anyone else make it a point to tractor in all the ejection pods you could in WC4?

yeah, i always did, just because I liked using the tractor beam in wc4. it was just cool.

I thought tractor beams was standard equipment on all bombers/heavy fighters with turrets :confused:

From what I've noticed, this is the trend:

Anys fighter with a turret is capable of carrying both tractor beam and torpedos. Only in special cases (Epee, modified hellcat) does a non-turreted fighter carry torpedos.

Don't forget Aramada ships: Gladius, Banshee didn't carry turrets but torpedoes.

We don't use the Tractor beam in WC 3, do we? Do we use it in WC4 when flying a Longbow? I don't think either, only as UBW.

Back