Toughest ace to beat in WC (any)

Yeah, It's easy to protect the Drayman and Bhurak always runs. He is really a coward. Kur, on the other hadn was really complicated. His ship is a good sight better than yours and he has a lot of wingkats. Flash is kinda hard too, considering he NEVER lets go of the AB. Maniac is kinda hard to really beat in WC4, usually people use tricks to end up victorious.

The Devil Rays are kind complicated, depending on the difficulty one plays WCP.

Maniac in WC4 was daaamn hard for me, haveing the above mentioned joystick problem when i really tried to beat him in nightmare... Seether is kinda easy, you only need patience :)

Fatcat said:
Paktahns are easy, just dive at their sides or curve into their rear. The first time I killed Bloodmist, I didn't even notice his Ace status before I killed him.
Ok, but if you were on Nightmare, you would've noticed the Blackmane blowing up from his wingmen as you went after him. If you weren't careful, just a lucky shot or two from his rear gun could damage your armor- even as you pass while diving at his sides. Plus if you decide to kill him with guns while diving at his sides, he'll succeed in his mission, and you'll fail. He's not a very good ace in 1v1 combat. What makes him a great ace is his intelligence as well as his ability as a wing leader and team player. His strategy was perfect if you consider Blair's psychological profile. Blair wasn't the highest scoring ace by kill score, but he was credited as downing the highest # of enemy aces. Knowing Blair's taste for aces, Bloodmist's strategy was to distract Blair with taunts (knowing he would go after him) and have his wingmen torp the Blackmane base. I have to say, it worked like a charm on me during my first time.

None of the WC aces are tough as far as ship-to-ship. The difficulty comes in the scenario, as in your wingman (or lack thereof) vs how many he has, and the type of enemy ships. For example, Kur's tough because Hobbes is no help and Kur and his wingmen are flying Grikath with those pesky turrets, but as a pilot himeslf he's barely above average.

Khasra's pretty hard to beat in a Gothri (SO1, the chase Thrakhath in a commandeered Crossbow mission) cause he has his clan with him, but in a Jalkehi he's about as hard to beat as any other Jalkehi on his wing (which isn't hard at all.)

Dakhath is always average to me (both in WC1 & WC3) because Dralthi is probably the easiest ship to trash in the WC universe, bar none. The explanation Jimmy gave Hunter in Freedom Flight about one or two shots overloading the shield generator confirms it.

None of the WC1 or WC4 aces impressed me; at least in WC4 you could up the AI level, but still not notable enough. Maniac was a tough one but I think I've only fought him once, when I wanted to see what'd happen if I refused to defect a second time.

Thrakhath is probably the most difficult to me, especially in WC3. Though those Devil Rays in Prophecy were a Nightmare...but not sure if we're including them in the discussion? How about the Steltek drone, that was a rough rock to crack the first couple times around....

Back