Torpedo capable cat ships *spoilers*

K

Khumalo

A question about one of the early missions in Ep5...
'Save the crippled Saratoga'

I still haven't been able to accomplish this sortie
No problem killing the first wave of fighters, but always struggle with the second - I was wondering if somebody could confirm for me which of the Cat ships are going to be carrying the torps...

My understanding is that it's the Gothris and Grikaths, but what about these
new Drakhai ships (are they Bloodhound variants or something?) and do are they torpedo capable?

Also, does losing the Saratoga in this mission automatically put you on to the losing path?

Cheers.

Are you talking about the mission without any kilrathi capships? or the mission called "Fleet Action" ? Gothri, Grikath and Gratha are the only torp bombers. Kamekhs can also launch torps like bombers. Targu IIs and Ralathas can also launch torps but they are scripted events.

From the sounds of it you are talking about Fleet Action with 2 Targu IIs present. They will launch torps at the Confed ships if you let them get close enough.

Losing the Sara will not place you on the losing path. The episode paths are not something you can jump between. See my mission trees in the "Consider this a taste" thread. Losing the Sara certainly can affect which end game you see.

Hi - I can't confirm the name of the mission right now, but it's the one
directly after your first encounter with Maverick (you don't know how much that rocked) - the mission begins from the rec-room with the tannoy 'All fighters to your ships, we are under attack' and a brief convo with Cougar about married life

These Drakhai don't appear to be Gratha, but I haven't seen them in earlier standoff

Thanks again in advance.

Also, no Kilrathi cap ships to be seen, the mission starts with the Firekka comm officer reminding you "One Torpedo is all the Saratoga needs"

Ahh ok. Yes that is STW M13. In that mission there are only Gothri and Grikath. You have to really use your nav map in order to save the Grunwald. The same goes for the Sara. Check your nav map regularly to see who is targeting each of those ships. If you do that it shouldn't be too bad to save them

Thank you :)
So what are the Drahkai flying in this mission
I haven't seen that ship before.

Yes you have, in the first mission :p They are flying the Vatari Heavy Fighter They are stationed on board the Hakagas. They do not carry torpedoes. They do carry a hold lot of pain though :p

You can view it from here. Just scroll over to it.

Back