4.wc4
5.dh2004
6.th2003
7. x-wing alliance
8.bird hunter 2003
9. rainbow six 3 raven shield
10. swat 3 ee
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My criteria here is most replayability. These are the games I´ve played OVER and OVER, and OVER.... AND OVER, and I´d play any of them right now if I had the time:

1. WC2
2. WC1
3. Privateer
4. WC3
5. WC4
6. WCP
7. Monkey Island 1
8. Civilization
9. Simcity
10. Warcraft 2

Honorable mentions: Tie Fighter, X-Wing, all other WC games / mods, Syndicate, any Blizzard stuff, Close Combat series, Stunts, Need for Speed series, Medal of Honor, Battlefield, Lucasarts stuff in general, Fifa Soccer series, among others.

Hmm.. I'll limit myself to one WC game and only PC titles to make the list more balanced.

1. Wing Commander 2
2. Starcon2
3. Civ
4. Monkey Island
5. War Craft 2
6. Betrayal at Krondor
7. Master of Orion 2
8. Quest for Glory 3
9. Worms 2
10. Knights of the Old Republic

1)WC 4 (only going to pick one)
2)Monkey Island 3
3)Doom 2
4)TIE Fighter
5)Dark Forces 2:Jedi Knight
6)C&C:Red Alert
7)Return to Castle Wolfenstein
8)Duke Nukem 3d
9)Commander Keen (all of them)
10)Soldier of Fortune

Ahhh, sweet sweet memories...

1. Privateer
2. Lands of Lore
3. Wing Commander 3
4. Myst
5. Riven
6. Under a Killing Moon
7. Pandora Directive
8. Wing Commander
9. Grim Fandango
10. Diablo 2

I wanted to mention all the Wing Commander games as well. But these other games I'm just so nostalgic about. I wanted to put Kyrandia: Malcolm's Revenge on there too. Loom and Monkey Island were also good games. Man, don't get me talking about my favorite games...

1. WC3
2. Marathon series (1, 2 and infinity)
3. Command & Conquer (all of them)
4. Halo
5. WW2 Fighters
6. Carriers at War
7. F/A-18 Hornet
8. Privateer
9. Total Annihilation
10. Myth The Fallen Lords

1. Privateer (my favorite in the WC games, followed by WC2)
2. Civilization II
3. Call to Power (which I mention because it is different from Civilization, even if it's the same idea, so I do not include it in the Civ series)
4. Under a killing moon (but I also liked - and have - the other Tex Murphy games)
5. Myst (plus the sequels Riven and Exile)
6. Neverwinter nights
7. Savage empire
8. Underworld
9. Tetris
10. Doom

But the games I still play now are Wing Commander (obviously ;) ) and Civilization.

Following the PC games only premise:

1. WC3
2. Half-Life (no multiplayer please)
3. WC2
4. Wing Commander
5. Dune 2000
6. Monkey Island (any of em)
7. WC4
7. Simcity 2000
8. X Wing Alliance
10. WCP

1. all WC
2. most Final Fantasies
3. Robotech Battlecry
4. the .hack// series
5. Everquest Online Adventures(have yet to get frontiers)
6. Armored Core series
7. Unreal Tournament and UT 2004
8. Metal Gear Solid and MGS 2
9. Age of Empires II, AOEII:TC
10. Ace Combat 4

honorable mentions: Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and SWGB Clone Campaigns, Starcraft, SC:Brood War, Warcraft III

yes i know that's more than 10 but i just had to name them all :D

I don't really play a lot of games. But if I did, and I made a list, the WC games would be in there, so would the first three Super Mario Bros. games, and the first three Mortal Kombat games.

1. Chrono Cross
2. Chrono Trigger
3. WC IV
4. Metal Gear Solid (I and II)
5. Final Fantasy III
6. Teenage Mutant Nija Turtles (the original NES titles)
7. Splinter Cell
8. Kill.Switch
9. Adventure Island (all of them)
10. Mega Man X (first three)

just to name a few

10) Wing Commander Prophecy (GBA)
9) Hydro Thunder (Arcade)
8) Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting Edition (Genesis)
7) Star Fox 64 (N64)
6) Super Mario Bros. (NES)
5) Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (PC)
4) Mega Man 2 (NES)
3) GunBlade NY (Arcade)
2) Doom (PC)
1) Ninja Gaiden (NES)

Top ten games that had the biggest impact on me as a gamer.

1. Civilization II - greatest game ever? For me it is.
2. Wing Commander IV - WC4 was the first game from the WC series that I ever owned. I ended up playing them BACKWARDS from 4, which was pretty much just as cool.
3. Privateer - Oh man, what a game. I'm still kind of obsessed with it, which is why I play and help out with Vega Strike so much.
4. Space Quest series - I started playing these Sierra text-parser adventure games before I could even spell. I had to write down the commands on a piece of paper after my parents told me how to spell them. I'm going to make my kids play text parser adventure games.
5. Betrayal at Krondor - I played this just after it was released for free. It was a laugh graphically, but the story, music, and gameplay were great. Eventually read all of the dude's books too, so that was neat.
6. Star Control II - A roleplaying resource-management ship-customizing 2d action science fiction novel with awesome music. Can be played on modern systems! sc2.sf.net
7. Daggerfall - A REALLY flawed RPG, but so damn big!
8. Dark Forces - The best of the Doom clones! Remember when every game Lucasarts made was Gold, and they'd sit on a new genre like FPSes for a year before showing all the wannabes what a REAL game was like? So long ago.
9. System Shock II - Scariest game I've ever played. Wandering around the ship, empty of people save for zombies, listening to the ship's computer taunt you, watching the ghosts of the crew relive their final moments, listening to their logs as they slowly went insane... awesome!
10. Knights of the Old Republic - I usually reserve one or two slots in my top ten lists for relatively new stuff. I think that KOTOR has got what it takes to stay on the list as the game that restored my faith in the goodness of Star Wars. Who cares about Episode 3 as long as we've got a KOTOR sequel coming?

I'm sure I've forgotten a great game or something that I'd switch Daggerfall with.

My top 10 all time favorite games? OK, here it goes.......

1) Gauntlet- arcade. This was the game that got me through college. The multi-player action was cool, how each character had his own strengths and weaknesses. Everyone always argued over who got to be the Wizard, but I liked the Warrior and the Valkyrie also. The Elf was OK too.......

2) The Entire Wing Commander Series- PC. Chris Roberts and Origin made me a life-long fan with these. The story line was complex and really kept my interest. The series featured many firsts for me in a PC game series- speech, expansion packs, full motion video, etc. I enjoyed everything about all 5+ installments and have only 1 regret: They aren't making any more.

3) Doom- PC. The standard in first person shooters that everything since has tried to best. Playing Death Match or cooperatively over a network was one of the coolest gaming experiences I have ever had. I am in the process of making $500 in unpgrades to my PC so I am ready to play Doom III when it hits the stores. Need I say more?

4) Robotron- arcade. I probably put more quarters into Robotron than any other game except Gauntlet. The two joysticks were way cool.

5) Rogue Squadron- PC. Truly the first PC game ever made that lived up to the Star Wars name- breathtaking graphics, great flight controls, interesting mission profiles, and a unique scoring system. This game wasn't perfect, but it was way ahead of its time. Even today, having first played it almost 7 years ago, my pulse quickens when I hear the opening score and the laser blasts in the background.

6) Aces of the Pacific- PC. Until I bought this game I had no idea how cool computer games could be. I had actually avoided them and only played games on my Sega Genesis. Boy was I shocked when I loaded it and tried it for the first time. I was hooked within 2 minutes. For its time it was the best combat flight simulator, hands down. I have yet to find its modern equivalent desspite many attempts.

7) Moon Patrol- arcade. This was a great game from the "Golden Age"
of arcades. The biggest thrill was finally beating it all the way through level "Z" for the first time. Of course, then it started over.......

8) Granada- Sega Genesis. The leap in technology from an Atari 2600 to the Sega Genesis was absolutely astounding. I had almost given up on home systems, but I was literally blown away the first time I saw a Genesis. Grenada happened to be the game being played. I guess it was fate for Grenada turned out to be my favorite arcade-style game I ever saw for that system. It was hard, and beating it for the first time was a real accomplishment.

9) Joe Montana Sports Talk Football- Sega Genesis. Probably the only sports game I ever really liked. The action was non stop. I must have broken 3 controllers by throwing them after a missed tackle, a fumble, or an interception. We would play tournaments and compete for a trophy.

10) Adventure- Atari 2600. A great fantasy game complete with castles, dragons, a confounded bat, and a magic chalice. The graphics were about par for the atari, the sound was OK, and the premise was slightly above average. The neat thing about the game was it had the first "Easter Egg" of any offering then made. So, in a way, it set a prescedent for all that followed.

Honorable mention:

1) Abrams Battle Tank- Sega Genesis. I once took an entire Saturday, 10 hours, and played the game non-stop from start to finish. I had never done that before, nor have I done it since.

2) Hydro Thunder- arcade. The concept is novel, the gameplay unforgiving, the rewards well worth it if you manage to win a race. It really felt good seeing my initials up on the machine in Orlando's Friday's Front Row 2 years after I put them there. The adaptation to Playstation isn't too bad.

3) Specter- PC. This was a fun tank game which had a neat 1 versus 1 multiplayer option. I spent hours kicking my neighbor's ass with a borrowed modem and a serial cable running from the 3rd floor to the 2nd floor of my apartment building.

4) Knights of the Sky- PC. Another flight simulator but with a multiplayer option, much like Specter. This WWI dog fighter was another blast to play via a borrowed modem.

1. Planescape Torment
2. Grim Fandango
3. Independence War + Defiance
4. Wing Commander 3
5. Privateer
6. Falcon 4
7. Neverwinter Nights including expansions
8. Xenosaga
9. Shining Force 3
10. Monkey Island 3

Back