Tom Wilson is in the Spongebob Squarepants Movie!

I've never really liked Spongebob -- I don't bare it any ill will, and I appreciate that a lot of people enjoy it for the very same reasons that I love lots of other shows... but I can't help but feel that there's something wrong on some level when they can't sell a cartoon about fish to something who loves little greater than saturday morning TV and marine life.

I rhink it's a stylistic thing -- a lot of the Nickelodeon cartoons, both now and in the eighties, have had this (for the lack of a better word) "outrageous" style that's always grated on me personally.

I prefer the first season irreverance of Beavis and Butthead. The "rough" characters, the then cutting-edged dialogue, the uniqueness of the show, and Mike Judge's willingness to take it on the chin when attacked by the Thought Police. It may seem like old hat now, but B&B was revolutionary in its time. :cool:

Maj.Striker said:
Anyone remember the Captain Jack cartoon? I only saw like three episodes but it was pretty hilarious...

You like to say here here. I do remember Samurai Jack. That show was quite good. The only boring parts was when he started sword fighting. But all the comedy in between all that was great.

Invader zim is nice, but I generally prefer the Cartoon Cartoons, with the exception of KND which is utter crap. I like Spongebob because it's insane. But Ren & Stimpy and Rocko were a lot better overall.

Never seen a complete episode so I'm not really qualified to say but what I've seen didn' think it was that funny. Guess it's a hit because it's a show the kids can watch and the parents might find a few things to laugh at as well...

Back