To The Death!

pygmypiranha

Vice Admiral
Has anyone ever played WC3 with the intent to purposefully loose?

I actually have to see what would happen in the game if the Confederation lost the war. It's actually a really interesting sequence of events. The Confederation is loosing the war and such and Eisen keeps sending you on harder and harder missions until finally he sends you on the 'final mission' where you are forced to guard a jump point (I believe). At this point the Kilrathi just keep coming in. If you have used the cheat code of destroying all enemy ships in the area you will end up using the code indefinately because the Cats just keep coming until... there's nothing and nothing else happens. I ended up just flying around doing nothing. So I eject and of course the end video sequence happens.

Eisen ends up ramming the Kilrathi dreadnought, "They will not take my ship!" and Blair dies. I think it's an awesome 'alternate ending'.

Any thoughts?

ChrisReid said:
You forgot about fighting the Dreadnought.

Yea, and that's undoubtably what caused me to just fly around endlessly. Since the code did blow up the dreadnought and by all accounts that would be impossible, the game did not know what to do... so you just flew around, until eventually I ejected started the end sequence to go into action as it was meant to do barring a user imput the cheat code.

You can blow up the dreadnought - it just takes a while. There are unlimited waves of random enemies afterwards until you die or eject. (If you die, you get only the Eisen sequence. If you eject, you get the Blair portion too.)

Thrakhath: "We Kilrathi are not entirely without what you humans call 'mercy'. I will grant you the ability to beg for your miserable life. You will spend the remainder of your life in slavery. "
Blair: "Screw you!"
Tharkhath: "RAR!!"

(as far as i can remember the scene) :p

(And now, the rest of the story)

Thrakath: For you, Heart of The Tiger, a warrior's death.
(Thrakath stabs Blair with his claws, then lifts him off the ground.)

It would have been a nice touch if Thrakath licked his claws after the fact.

As I've said in a thread long long ago, I think that Blair's 'screw you' should have been preceded or followed by a haymaker punch to Thrakhath's fugly muzzle.

"screw you ::wham:: Bitch!"

I remember one time on the losing path that at some point I was flying a weird mission where I ended up attacking a space station. I may have even flown inside it and I remember it being all orange. That was so weird. Does that sound familiar to anybody or just made up?

It's been awhile since I played WC3 so I can't remember the detailes of the mission. Just this space station looking this with a big glowing orange inside of it.

Fruitcake said:
Thrakhath: "We Kilrathi are not entirely without what you humans call 'mercy'. I will grant you the ability to beg for your miserable life. You will spend the remainder of your life in slavery. "
Blair: "Screw you!"
Tharkhath: "RAR!!"

(as far as i can remember the scene) :p

I always liked watching Blair get vaporized versus disembowelment. "You've won Prince Thrakhath.. every being deserves a second chance to live..... *girm look*"

Something along those lines

I played the loosing end just to get sceencaps of blair getting vaporized. I just eject when Im flying through the nav points were you're supposed to be cloaked.. I can also recall Eisen ramming the victory head on with a Dreadnaught or something big... "Make your peace, Mr. Rollins."

Shipgate said:
I remember one time on the losing path that at some point I was flying a weird mission where I ended up attacking a space station. I may have even flown inside it and I remember it being all orange. That was so weird. Does that sound familiar to anybody or just made up?

It's been awhile since I played WC3 so I can't remember the detailes of the mission. Just this space station looking this with a big glowing orange inside of it.
Delius 1 . . . good stuff, only see it if you loose in Ariel.

C-ya

Last edited by a moderator:
I did that with SO-

"There's a little red pill under the seat by your O2 regulators- take it and go to sleep"

something about the apathetic (disbelieving?) tone in the comm officer's voice gave me the creeps :(

Colonel Sanders said:
I did that with SO-

"There's a little red pill under the seat by your O2 regulators- take it and go to sleep"

something about the apathetic (disbelieving?) tone in the comm officer's voice gave me the creeps :(

What mission was that? :confused:

I'd expect Blair to kick Rollins's ass is fe said anything like that :D

Colonel Sanders said:
it wasn't WC3; it's the final mission in Secret Ops, if you fail to destroy the alien command ship.

Ah, haven't played that game too much lately. Lost the episodes :(

Yeah, everyone can cry along with me ;)

Back