Tiger's Claw Squadrons

PSJaguar

Captain
How do, gentlemen?

Has anyone put together a listing of the Tiger's Claw Carrier Air Group's component squadrons? I'm familiar with:

Killer Bee
Blue Angel/Devil
Rising Star/Starslayer
and Black Lion

Have any others ever been named?

Howdy!
Wing Commander I mentions the Yellowjackets (a Hornet squadron). Pilgrim Truth mentions the Mongrols and the Screamin' Shepards (Rapier squadrons).

Thank you for those, Loaf.

Now forgive me if I'm mistaken, but wartime Confed squadrons were about 12-15 fighters, a fistful or so less than peacetime, right? (I half-recall the quote in Price of Freedom, but I haven't access to it at the moment)

As a Bengal carried 104 birds, were these seven squadrons the entire complement of the TCS Tiger's Claw?

The Tiger's Claw only ever had six squadrons at a time - there was some rotation (one of the squadrons in Pilgrim Stars was completely destroyed during the events of that novel, IIRC).

Squadron size during the war ranged from ten to eighteen fighters.

The Tiger's Claw only ever had six squadrons at a time - there was some rotation (one of the squadrons in Pilgrim Stars was completely destroyed during the events of that novel, IIRC).

Squadron size during the war ranged from ten to eighteen fighters.

... I dunno why, i just somehow pictured more then that. The breifing room seemed a lot more packed.

I always thought that maybe other squadrons were there, because if you look closesly, the background faces are very familiar, I think that at least Iceman can be seen sitting behind you somewhere, and he's not always in your squadron is he. Also Spirit is there sitting behind you somewhere even when the Colonel moves you over to Blue Devil squadron.

funny word that - squadron - look at it really closely - LOOK! SQUADRON see? so strange...

... I dunno why, i just somehow pictured more then that. The breifing room seemed a lot more packed.

I think you just see eight people stand up when the briefings let out.

I think you just see eight people stand up when the briefings let out.

True... but then again when the "camera" angle is turned towards the pilots, say when the Colonel is talking about Spirit, you see at least three more rows of people behind her.

Also, the briefing room in SWC looked like a small theatre with several chairs, most of which were occupied.

True... but then again when the "camera" angle is turned towards the pilots, say when the Colonel is talking about Spirit, you see at least three more rows of people behind her.

It's kind of hard to tell, there aren't really clear rows - and it's only eight people again.

Back