Tiger's Claw Personel

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
Over the years it seems some crew members had been replaced on the ol' Claw, but some of them just seem to fade away. I was wondering what happened to some of them, who transferred where, and who was in what command during the TC's life... heres what I've got so far:

Commodore Tolwyn: Early commander of the TC. Took care of the training of the young Academy Pilots. Promoted and took command of the TCS Concordia. Following her destruction (decom??) Tolwyn transferred his flag to the TCS Austin.

Lt. Marshall and Blair: Graduated the Academy and were sent to the Tiger's Claw during the begining of the Vega Campaign.

Commodore Taggart: Naval intellegence officer. Temporarily took command of the TCS Tiger's Claw during the Vega Campaign. Transferred from naval intellegence to combat pilot status (possibly for one last fling before his "retirement"??).

Captain Sanskey: Captain of the Tiger's Claw following Tolwyn's promotion. Pilgrim traitor. KIA during a shoot out with Kilrathi Cap ships.

Commander Paul Gerald: First officer, TCS Tiger's Claw. Following Sanskey's death, took command briefly during a diversionary operation while Lt. Blair and Lt. Cmdr. Devereaux delivered jump coordinated to the Concordia Battle Group.

Colonel Halcyon (sp?): No idea on this one... I originally thought he was in command of the ship, but he must have simply been the CAG.

Mr. Falk: Radar officer during early vega campaign.

Mr. Obutu: Chief Communications officer during early Vega Campaign.

Sadly, I haven't fit the pieces together yet. When WC1 starts, who is in command of the TCS Tiger's Claw, who is the XO etc.

Commodore Tolwyn: Early commander of the TC. Took care of the training of the young Academy Pilots. Promoted and took command of the TCS Concordia. Following her destruction (decom??) Tolwyn transferred his flag to the TCS Austin.

This ons is a little confusing - Tolwyn was captain of the Tiger's Claw at an unspecified previous point in time (possibly Custer's Carnival). He took over again for a period (Wing Commander Academy) *after* the events of the movie, replacing Captain Thorn (who he accused of cowardice).

Note that he never *commanded* the Concordia (supercruiser) - he simply had his flag there during the movie. We only know her captain's first name, Dwight.

Commodore Taggart: Naval intellegence officer. Temporarily took command of the TCS Tiger's Claw during the Vega Campaign. Transferred from naval intellegence to combat pilot status (possibly for one last fling before his "retirement"??).

Paladin never took command of the ship, he simply outranked Gerald and could order him around. He had served on the Tiger's Claw years earlier and was awarded a Gold Star for his actions during Custer's Carnival. He was apparently involved with intelligence since early in his career, but his first love was always flying.

Captain Sanskey: Captain of the Tiger's Claw following Tolwyn's promotion. Pilgrim traitor. KIA during a shoot out with Kilrathi Cap ships.

Sansky survived that cap ship battle (he suffered a heart attack) and ultimlately killed himself several hours later when it was revealed that he had been transmiting data to Admiral Wilson aboard the Kilrathi ComCon.

Commander Paul Gerald: First officer, TCS Tiger's Claw. Following Sanskey's death, took command briefly during a diversionary operation while Lt. Blair and Lt. Cmdr. Devereaux delivered jump coordinated to the Concordia Battle Group.

Gerald took command of the ship after Sansky was disabled. He retained provisional command through the events of Pilgrim Stars (and Pilgrim Truth?) and was surprised that the assignment was not made permanent. He was replaced by Captain Thorn.

Colonel Halcyon (sp?): No idea on this one... I originally thought he was in command of the ship, but he must have simply been the CAG.

Halcyon was the carrier's Wing Commander. He took over command of the ship briefly after Tolwyn left and before Thorn was exhonorated (he was in command during Operation Thor's Hammer, in The Secret Missions).

Sadly, I haven't fit the pieces together yet. When WC1 starts, who is in command of the TCS Tiger's Claw, who is the XO etc.

When Wing Commander I starts Commander Gerald is still in command of the Tiger's Claw. The ship changes hands twice (to Thorn and then to Tolwyn) during the time period covered in the game. The XO seems to have been Commander Nelson, seen in Wing Commander Academy, for at least part of that year.

Back