Tiger Claw

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some other similarities between WC and WWII, such as WCIV's "GE" or Genetic Enhancement program, which the Nazi scientists were studying human genetic code and doing tons of experiments on prisoners with toxins and other junk...that regularly ended up with the subject dying. In WCIV...we also see the "biobombs" which selectively killed folks with certian genetic traits. The Nazi's didnt get this far, but if one were to examine real closely the history of WWII, you would be amazed at how close, how VERY close the Nazi's came to wining the war, again almost mirroring what we see in WCIV, and how close Tolwyn came to getting his war.

Its amazing..but there is no doubt that many movies, even movies in games, can reflect on what is going on in the real world, both present and in historical points of reference.

I just hope that there is one movie reference that NEVER shapes up to become reality....tho the guy is half way there....its quite possible that he might at some point in the very near future, perhaps in 2008 or the election after...he would become president. (who knows, might be the best thing to happen for the US given current leadership and what the alternatives are)

Know which movie I am talking about and whom?

The bad guys come close to winning in nearly every movie or game.... It would be very boring that that wouldn't be the case. :eek:

The Fly said:
The bad guys come close to winning in nearly every movie or game.... It would be very boring that that wouldn't be the case. :eek:

Thats true, movies would not be entertaining or "edge of the seat" grabbers without those close calls!

Anyway, the reference I am talking about in my post above is ol Arnie, California's current governor, and the movie "Demolition Man".

hehehe..... arnold... hheehe... its said he is doing good,,,, i have my doubt... but whatever i dont leave in california, not in usa either :)

Wc 3 have also some similartis with ww2

RFBurns said:
There are some other similarities between WC and WWII, such as WCIV's "GE" or Genetic Enhancement program, which the Nazi scientists were studying human genetic code and doing tons of experiments on prisoners with toxins and other junk...that regularly ended up with the subject dying. In WCIV...we also see the "biobombs" which selectively killed folks with certian genetic traits. The Nazi's didnt get this far, but if one were to examine real closely the history of WWII, you would be amazed at how close, how VERY close the Nazi's came to wining the war, again almost mirroring what we see in WCIV, and how close Tolwyn came to getting his war.

this has been discussed before. a close resemblance to tolwyns GE program is hitlers euthanasia and sterilisation process to weed out the mentally and physically disabled.

close to winning ww2 huh? and what sensationalist fictional dribble did you start reading?

1) the wermacht were basically farked after stalingrad, losses in men and material that could never be recovered.
2) when amercia entered the war - germany's fate was sealed.

hitler relied on "quick victory" that never came. germany's wasnt even a true war economy until the last days. too late. they could never sustain a long war. essential materials like oil were in constant short supply even back in 1939, and ironically relied on russian imports. this was the reason why hitler headed for the caucasus, because he tought he could nab their oil. of course this was stupid. 1) soviets had a scortched earth policy 2) even if he could capture it, there was no transport system back to germany.

basically, germany's fate was sealed as early as when they went into poland. he thought the allies would do nothing, as they didnt with austria and more importantly czechloslovakia. he thought wrong. They reacted, Hitler had no chance with this type of long drawn out war, especially when he opened an un-winnable second front at the worst possible time (for the germans).

me !

heh, sorry - that was probably my fault. its not that great a link anyway.. u would think star wars had the classic ties.

attempted extermination of a race.

STORMTROOPERS

evil descending on the world ! (universe), officier uniforms, dogfights, delivering the bomb. political struggle against the old republic and the new "fascist" imperials... blah blah

*keeps hand down*

I find WWII history to be fasinated, and as much as it was a horrible ordeal think of it this way, without the war we (US) wouldnt have gained all this technology (ie radars, nuclear power, jet aircraft) it also paved the way for the cold war, which brought the US plowing through technilogical advances left and right. Yeah sure during WWII tons of people died, and now we have a nulcear weapons problem... but i think that is a fair trade off for the advancement of humanity

I like WW2 history. But every thread here ends up turning into a "Why US won the WW2" listing...

Although I liked to learn that there was an Operation Tiger's Claw. :D

Edfilho said:
I like WW2 history. But every thread here ends up turning into a "Why US won the WW2" listing...

Although I liked to learn that there was an Operation Tiger's Claw. :D
well, I don't wont to make another list, but I saw some earlier claiming that germany was close to winning the war.... well, - she wasn't. as soon the the sideds were chosen and the lines were drawen, there was only one victor posible, the ony question was when will he win - it was, after all, a simple adding of numerical facts.

I think some of you need to put down the biased history books you read in grade school or college and look at the hard facts that has come to light regarding those years. And perhaps talk to some WWII veterans, if anyone knows about what took place back then..it would be the vets..not some college book filled with biased info to make us look good.

Any WWII vets around this place? Or just armchair historians who have never stepped outside long enough to get a tan?

Oh..perhaps also ask those vets if it was easy as most of you here seem to think it was winning that war. You will be surprised at their answers, and perhaps learn something real.

And just to clarify, for those who dont know..it was NOT the US that defeated Nazi Germany.

It was the Soviet Union who took down Berlin and Hitler.

In away this is my fault. I should have closed this thread when I had the chance.

Also, I was the one who went back in time and dropped you all on your heads repeatedly as children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back