Three Days Till Party Time (August 7, 2004)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Time has been going incredibly fast and we are now three days away from our biggest event of the year. I really look forward to the CIC Birthday as a refreshing point to collect ourselves, get some good work done and talk to a lot of CIC visitors at the same time. We have very busy schedules, so we never accomplish near as much as we'd like, but I think each year we put together some fun and interesting content to show off. Next week you guys will get to see some giant cool projects LOAF has been working hard on for many months. A number of dedicated fans have been working on other things that we'd like to showcase then.

At the appointed time, we will be updating the front page with the new content for everyone to see. If you're not busy then, you should stop by our online party in #Wingnut at 7:00 pm Eastern US time (4:00 pm Pacific and 11:00 pm GMT). It's really simple to use the web chat interface if you've not been there before. I've taken a smaller role in the new content creation this time around, so I'll have a lot more time to host the party and see what you guys are up to. I'd like to hear your thoughts are on what the CIC should be doing and share my ideas on Wing Commander directly with fellow fans.

I mentioned earlier that in addition to the aforementioned door prizes we'll be giving away throughout the event, there will be a few extra surprises. This one arrived just in time.

We'll have a bunch of these to give away at the party. See you there!

--
Original update published on August 7, 2004

Last edited by a moderator:
So, considering many of us on the West Coast will just be returning home from work, or will be at work and then returning home... I hope you'll make special accomodations for us :D.

Worf said:
So, considering many of us on the West Coast will just be returning home from work, or will be at work and then returning home... I hope you'll make special accomodations for us :D.

Chris is on the west coast himself. Don't worry, the party goes on for a few hours.

TC said:
Chris is on the west coast himself. Don't worry, the party goes on for a few hours.

But it still sucks for those of us that will be spending an hour driving to work at about 7:30, therefore missing the big moment and all.

=(

Do we have to be there to win? :). Some of us can leave a client connected whilst driving to/from work...

TyeDyeBoy said:
But it still sucks for those of us that will be spending an hour driving to work at about 7:30, therefore missing the big moment and all.

=(

That's because you work idiotic hours. You could go to work early and sit on IRC. It's not like you actually do anything other than set up game servers for us, and sometimes swear about how you have to walk all the way over to look at some server that's been molested by a moron.

edit: Also, you find amusing scripts for deleting website contents!

[Urk... stupid having to wake up at 8 am to get to the party... wait, I already get up at 8 am every day already...]

That was a pretty nasty thing to say. I take that back - don't know what happened there... :(

I don't get off work till 6:00Mountain Time. I'll be here for 7:00. I better remember to show up or there will be some serious injury decision making.

Back