This is what I hate in these boards...

Originally posted by Ghost
Yes, only pic, videos, go to X site and vote in the poll.
:(

Don't forget the people whining about mouse flying! Those people are there too!

Theory

Well I'm new to these boards and I did find them a bit confusing at first, compared to the usual set-up that I'm used to.

But I figured it out fast. My theory is that it is set-up like this in order to emulate WC space sim directional comands in which pressing up translates into going down and pressing down makes you go up. Similarily, if you want to go to the beginning of a thread, you must go to the end, and if you want to go the end, you must view it at the top on the first page. I know this won't make any sense in the morning, but it makes perfect sense right now (beer talking).

Cheers and good night

Gladius

I was really in to these boards until they changed it. I have no clue why anyone would prefer such an ass-backwards post order. I'd love to be more active here, but I just can't stand it.

Hmm. Didn't we change the board order like three years ago? That's plenty of time to get used to it.

It's not a matter of getting used to it. It's simply more difficult to deal with, no matter how long you do it. Since English is read from top to bottom, your eyes have to track top to bottom to read a post. But to scan the posts now, your eyes have to track bottom to top. So, with the normal way posts are ordered your eyes simply track top to bottom all the way down the page. But with the way it is now, you have to track bottom to top, then top to bottom for a while, then reverse direction and back up through the crap you just read and do it over and over again until you finish the page. It's not like it's a HUGE deal, obviously, but it's enough of a pain in the ass that I don't want to mess with it.

I can't even imagine out how it occured to someone to add this option to the software. It's like a publisher saying, "I know! We'll put all the paragraphs of this book in reverse order so the reader has the maximum amount of difficulty possible reading it." The only people who could possibly benifit from this setup are the people who check the boards every five minutes and only have to read one new post in a topic.

But hey, it's your place - you do whatever the heck you want with it. I'm just adding my thoughts to the thread.

I dunno, I really really like reading it this way. Maybe my brain just works better.

I think it makes more sense. The most recent, and therefore the most important posts, are on top. It only becomes a little weird if you don't revisit a thread for about two weeks...

No Complaints here!:D Just be glad we have a board so people can whine about what they don't like about it. If you don't like the board go create your own. Then we'll all come and whine about what we don't like in yours.:p

I doubt that most of us would even care enough about someone else's board to merit registering and posting our complaints about it.

Back