This is hardly fair

JKeefe

Spaceman
notfair.jpg

I came out of autopilot and they were just sitting there, blasting away. No freindlies in sight. This is in Perry!

It severly detracts from gameplay when your "strong" systems are overrun by the enemy.

you must have encountered them in other systems...I don't think enemies spawn in perry unless a mission happens

Well, yeah, I've been taking missions in Perry. Because of that, I don't mind the Kilrathi as much as I mind the lack of Confed response. My missions aside, I would think 4 Kahmeks balsting away in Perry should elicit massive Confed response.

JKeefe said:
Well, yeah, I've been taking missions in Perry. Because of that, I don't mind the Kilrathi as much as I mind the lack of Confed response. My missions aside, I would think 4 Kahmeks balsting away in Perry should elicit massive Confed response.

You should see how it looks after running 10 or 12 rescue missions and dodging back in to Perry on a couple of them.

I think it's a part of the way it happens. Save game, quit, re-load the saved game. I promise you, they'll be gone.

if confeds don't launch, then that probably means there aren't any...
I track *all* ships

I'm going to make perry the centre of human production though...instead of sol
that should provide for more interesting battles around perry

hellcatv said:
if confeds don't launch, then that probably means there aren't any...
I track *all* ships

I'm going to make perry the centre of human production though...instead of sol
that should provide for more interesting battles around perry

Oh, no. . .

It's just part of having a better focus on Gemini for 1.0. Previously, Sol was the origin for must human ships and kilrah the center of production for the Kilrathi. This makes sense in the larger universe, but Privateer is about Gemini.

I always looked at Perry as being on the FRONT of the war. Why else do you have it in Clarke, so close to BLOCKADE point whatever.

I see massive Kilrathi battles there, no problem.

I consider the front to be approximately the blockade points. Perry is very very close to the front, but it is a massive fortress. There shuldn't be too many battles in Perry system itself, though there will be plenty nearby.

How does the production work, exactly? Having ships tend to be created in specific places makes sense (at least for military ships. Perry wouldn't actually have a shipyard, but armadas would tend to go through there so the ship density makes sense), but I've seen non-mission ships spawn in places they had no business in whatsoever. I suspect they were generated as an ambush, but it's a little unnerving to see InSys duking it out with a flight of Dralthi in Sol.

well we pepper the galaxy with certain "rabble" forces... which I think we've made include the kilrathi... then each system has a production rate-- and the rabble gets hopefully eliminated--otherwise it gets overrun with them...
also only capships can initiate system takeovers....

Back