This is an awesome group!

yoyoyojo

Rear Admiral
Well I've said it before this remains to be one of the best gaming communities out there. Everyday there is new stuff on the website and the forums are always active. Many many newer and current games cannot hold a candle to any of the Wing COmmander games.

I was telling my friend, much liek th eepic movies of the 60's, the mid 90's was soprt of a sweet spot for game making. Companies were all hyped on "multi-media" and interactive mvoies and total submersion. Ironically as the technology improved and the novelty of mixing reality with a PC game wore off teh industry has move completely away from using real actors and having super hige budgets. Same thign happened in the movie industry. All those epic films form the 60's with thousands of actor were never made again. At leats now in the movie industry the graphics are so advanced they are back at it with epic movies with thousands of characters (ie LOTR). I guess we'll all have to wait another 10 years before the 3d graphic characters in video games look as good as the real actors used in WC 3 4 and Prophecy.

And again thanks a ton for everyone who contributes to the tech support. i was able to get my KS working on XP with out additional software, just a few tweaks.

I hope thos eof you going to DragonCon have a great time. Be sure to setup a webcam feed again for thos eof of stuck at work.

Joe G
http://mentaldumping.blogspot.com/

I'm glad there's people out there who think like you do. I often visit other gaming sites, and I find it very depressing to find a CIC style hub that hasn't had a front page update in years (http://www.starbasedelta.com). I'd hate for Wing Commander fans to Google their favorite series and see that sort of thing. I think the Wing Commander universe is so big that all of us can keep exploring what has already been created, keep finding new experiences and improve our relationship with the series indefinitely. Providing technical support to get old games running is an important part of that. We are lucky to be in a time where virtually all main Wing Commander games can be played on modern computers. I bet a lot of us are so out of practice with certain common Wing Commander games and books, that we have years of renewed entertainment available to us before we'd need to seek out the obscure rare games and products. And by then, it'd be time to start over. I'm glad that new people make it to DragonCon every year. We can't sustain a convention on the scale of some of the major science fiction series, but it's a really great opportunity to meet with fellow fans and symbolically express our appreciation of the series. We spend a lot of time outside the hotel rooms, but there's a good chance we'll buy a better webcam for broadcasting this year.

Sure thing DOSBox deserves a thanks - and of course our active modders who keep WC alive as far as the community goes - particularly hellcatv and Eder.

And I am more than pleased with the tone in the forum - it'd be really hard to find a flame post.

Lazy Panda said:
Sure thing DOSBox deserves a thanks - and of course our active modders who keep WC alive as far as the community goes - particularly hellcatv and Eder.
Well, thanks, but there's no such a thing as particularly Eder. :p The best game I could ever make on my own would be one in which you have good looking ships sitting around and doing nothing. :)

Each and every person in the Standoff team is helping keep WC alive just as much as I am.

Eder said:
Well, thanks, but there's no such a thing as particularly Eder. :p The best game I could ever make on my own would be one in which you have good looking ships sitting around and doing nothing. :)

Each and every person in the Standoff team is helping keep WC alive just as much as I am.

Oh, pardon me, all the mod staff and beta testers deserve a thanks, of course.

Back