Things I *don't* like about WC1

Originally posted by Aries
is it said anywhere that flak cannons ARE laser beams?

No, but energy and photons follow the laws of physics. And flak-cannons fire bursts of energy

and considering that the hellcat V is the main fighter for confed 13 years after the tiger's claw was destroyed (25 years after the tiger's claw was built), and there is little thing the military has called R&D, what's your point

Actually, the Tiger's Claw was around in 2654... that's my beef.

the F-22 keeps its weapons inside a weapons bay to reduce it's RCS. the space shuttle keeps its payload inside so that when it returns to earth, the payload doesn't burn up during re-entry. you have failed to prove that just because the F-22 can mount weapons in a bay, future space craft can do so.

Well, that was the best way to win my argument, to mention the space-shuttle :p

BUT! The RCS thing is a very valuable point... after all the Stealth-Fighters, in addition to having cloaks, also have an unusual shape to prevent their detection on radar. Read WC3 Novel.

Carrying hardpoints internally can only benefit you. As for the space-issue, these fighters are pretty big, and I think they can handle a few missiles.

and they didn't want to take the time to suck in fuel, so they used a fuel transport. what is *wrong* with this?

Oh well, forget it. Bandit will respond anyway with his answers...

if there was already a service that flys, why make an other one to do the same job, when all you'd have to do is teach said service to land on carriers?

Ijuin answered this...

-Concordia

Originally posted by Concordia
I assume you meant Hellcat V. And no, it wasn't. Whatever that thing in WCA was, whether it was a Hellcat IV or a Wildcat, or something else entirely, it wasn't a Hellcat V - we can be relatively certain that the F-86 was developed some time after the F-44.

don't forget no support for rudder pedals or throttle.

And if you used your joystick #2 button to control afterburner, roll, or speed, then couldn't steer your ship at the same time.

I know many a time I went to roll, accidentally engaged the afterburners, and went up in a fireball taking out the kilrathi doing 1200+ kps.

Assuming you mean Hellcat, you can't honestly believe that the Hellcats in WC1 *aren't* armed with the same low-damage weaponry taht the rest of the fighters of that era have. "Oh, yeah, we have neutron guns capable of blowing up any capship in one hit... but we only put them on our training craft." (Besides -- we *know* that WC1-era Hellcats (or whatever they are) mount a pair of lasers as their gun armament...)

I thought they were a bunch of pics at different angles...

Yes... but the engine rotates and rescales the images to make it appear as though the ships are turning. If your computer is too fast, you'll miss the effect. Hence, I reccomend moslo.

No... not exactly. In fact, at the end of WC1, the Tiger's claw is firing a bunch of green WC3-Style beams at the enemy.

Yes, you only know this because CFF just told it to you five posts ago. The scene at the end of WC1 is the Tiger's Claw bombarding a planet with its anti-matter guns -- it has nothing to do with lasers.

But they're also unrealistic. Laser-beams do not explode. The beams will pass right through each other if they're on a convergent course and diverge after. If the beams angled in at 12.5 degrees, they will cross eachother and diverge at 12.5 degrees.

I can find no evidence that flak cannons are laser beams -- just that it involves energy (something that's inherent in any definition of explosion...).

Actually, they are. If the Tiger's claw has only 21 or so cm shields, and 24 cm armor it is.

A single neutron-salvo (twin-bolts) from a Hellcat V could decimate the Tiger's claw... THAT's TOO LOW!

And a single B-1 can do today what it took hundreds of B-17s to do in World War II. World War II must never have happened! Shields and weapons, like any technology, advanced throughout the war -- the *ratios*, remained the same.

Uh? Yes it is. Look at the Space-Shuttle... does it mount it's payload on it's wings? No, it mounts them internally

To the best of my knowledge, the Orbiter doesn't carry munitions... it carries scientific experiments which must be kept in a sterile environment. And it *does* mount a payload on its wings -- that's where it keeps its rocket boosters during takeoff. There's no space to mount anything else there.

Well the capships weighing too little is partially justified. In the WC movie, the Merlin-Computer used on Blair's Rapier did estimate the Snakeirs mass at 200,461 metric tons (IIRC... there was a 461 in there though)... The Confederation handbook listed them at 67,000 metric tonnes.

Yup, 200,461 tonnes is correct -- although the movie also gives a length of "3 or 4 kilometers" for the Snakeir. The Confed Handbook must refer to a different class of ship...

Actually, the Diligent's pods are slightly fatter...

No, they're not. The Diligent uses the same set of graphics with a blue pod drawn over the Drayman's brown rectangle.

Not to mention, look at all the Confed Ships... none of them (except the Drayman and Diligent's) use the pod-system.

Oh, well, if it's just two Confed ships, that proves your point. Wait, that's two out of how many? *FIVE*. 40% of Confed capital ships in Wing 1 use the 'pod system'. (And that's not even accurate -- two of the Venture's engines are slung underwing in pods... so that's 3/5...).

And look at all the WC3 Kilrathi ships... not a single one uses the pod-system. All have their engines buried internally.

I could argue that this doesn't mean anything -- because it doesn't... but that's not necessary, since it's not even true. The Bhantkara-class' engines are in four triangle-shaped pods.

Even in a zero-g environment, if I accelerate you, you will feel g's.

Physicsally speaking, G-forces on an object in a vacuum are only a tiny fraction of those experienced on Earth. It's their theoretical affect on artificial gravity (and therefore the people *inside* a Wing Commander space ship and not its engine-pods) that's a problem. Either way, Wing Commander makes use of two sci-fi loophole devices: "acceleration absorbers" and "inertial dampeners". Both are present in Wing 1.

But that was a different circumstance... they were TOTALLY OUT OF FUEL!!! They had to kick open their ramscoops to drag in a little bit of fuel to fire their engines in a burst to get them going forward a little faster... then suck in more fuel. Then kick the scoops open some more, suck in even more fuel, and go forward, and over and over and over again until they were moving forward at 150 kps, and sucking in enough fuel to get going!

The Tiger's Claw wasn't out of fuel like that! They were just running low on fuel.

How long did it take to refuel (The Lazarus) anyway?

Wait, this is all meaningless. A quick look at the WC1 script reveals that the fuel in question is for *fighters*. If you lose the mission, Halcyon reveals that the 'Claw will have to retreat since they won't be able to defend the colonies without the fuel. (Still, refueling capital ships has occured in every iteration of the series -- for instance, the Tiger's Claw steals fuel from a CommoCon in the movie... or how you pay 50 credits to refuel your fighter each time you land in Privateer...)

I see no reason to make anymore services... the Air Force would become the Space Force when man takes to the stars...

Most likely small ships like fighters would be classified as Space-Force since they're like Air-Force... and large ships, would be classified as Navy (like it is in WC)... but in 700 years you'd figure the Navy would develop it's own space-force...

And thus... Naval Aviators...

The Space Force would cover planets, and certain bases (since there are some Naval Bases, like Perry.)

All of this assumes an evolution of the services that you've *assumed*, though. Although it's fairly reasonable to believe that the Air Force would include any sort of future 'space force', it's *not* reasonable to believe that the water Navy would automatically become a space navy. There's no direct line of evolution between an aircraft carrier and a space carrier.

Here's a little something I remember picking up.

The Army would handle their home planet.

The Marines had juristiction on foreign planets.

The Navy had deep space.

The Space Force handled matters in close proximity to worlds. (Not deep space.

Am I right?

Not really...

The Marines appear to do boarding actions and the like, as well as forming beach-heads and taking part in long term planetary fighting.

The Army isn't really mentioned enough to get a great view of what it does... I would assume that it joins in on longer battles that need greater, possibly less trained, manpower and act as garrisons on captured bases and planets.

The Navy appears to be involved in anything with big stuff in space. If you have a space station, or a capital ship, you have navy forces. It also has it's own fighter pilots that are used in various situations. It isn't particularly clear how their use is distinct from that of Space Forces pilots.

Space Forces just fly. They don't have capital ships, so they follow around with the navy, or work off planetary bases.

Well, the things that are good in WC1 far outweigh the bad in my opinion. In fact, there are a few Gamecube and PC games that are a lot worse that WC.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Assuming you mean Hellcat, you can't honestly believe that the Hellcats in WC1 *aren't* armed with the same low-damage weaponry taht the rest of the fighters of that era have. "Oh, yeah, we have neutron guns capable of blowing up any capship in one hit... but we only put them on our training craft." (Besides -- we *know* that WC1-era Hellcats (or whatever they are) mount a pair of lasers as their gun armament...)

But still, that's like a 10-fold increase in damage since the start of Wing-Commander... that's insane. We're not talking about just a 2 fold or 3 fold increase, which is a lot by the way.

Yes... but the engine rotates and rescales the images to make it appear as though the ships are turning. If your computer is too fast, you'll miss the effect. Hence, I reccomend moslo.

Like in WC3? Are you sure? WCSNES was not like that at one bit...

Yes, you only know this because CFF just told it to you five posts ago. The scene at the end of WC1 is the Tiger's Claw bombarding a planet with its anti-matter guns -- it has nothing to do with lasers.

Hey, I'm allowed to use any information gathered in my arguments.

I can find no evidence that flak cannons are laser beams -- just that it involves energy (something that's inherent in any definition of explosion...).

But they are listed as unstable beams of energy. And energy follows certain laws of phsyics. Flak-cannons do not seem to follow them.

If it was a plasma-charge it might...

And a single B-1 can do today what it took hundreds of B-17s to do in World War II. World War II must never have happened! Shields and weapons, like any technology, advanced throughout the war -- the *ratios*, remained the same.

Yes, but a B-1B is MUCH larger than a B-17, and has much more internal bomb-area. It also has better engines.

To the best of my knowledge, the Orbiter doesn't carry munitions... it carries scientific experiments which must be kept in a sterile environment. And it *does* mount a payload on its wings -- that's where it keeps its rocket boosters during takeoff. There's no space to mount anything else there.

But I was trying to win the argument by saying "Hey, that's a spaceship that carries it's stuff internally, therefore saying that all WC fighters can carry weapons internally". My apologies...

Either way, it does seem more logical to carry weapons internally...

Yup, 200,461 tonnes is correct -- although the movie also gives a length of "3 or 4 kilometers" for the Snakeir. The Confed Handbook must refer to a different class of ship...

Actually it's not. The 3-4 kilometer long ship was an entirely-different class of vessel.

No, they're not. The Diligent uses the same set of graphics with a blue pod drawn over the Drayman's brown rectangle.

Then they are colored differently at the pods, or use different shading, because the Diligent's pods look fatter.

Oh, well, if it's just two Confed ships, that proves your point. Wait, that's two out of how many? *FIVE*. 40% of Confed capital ships in Wing 1 use the 'pod system'. (And that's not even accurate -- two of the Venture's engines are slung underwing in pods... so that's 3/5...).

Yes, but the Drayman, and Diligent are transports, and not combat-ships.

The Venture is a combat-ship, but it's not technically a capship.

So technically, there are no Confed Capships that are equipped with podded-engines.

I could argue that this doesn't mean anything -- because it doesn't... but that's not necessary, since it's not even true. The Bhantkara-class' engines are in four triangle-shaped pods.

Yeah, but they're more like fins, and they're so thick it doesn't really matter...

Physicsally speaking, G-forces on an object in a vacuum are only a tiny fraction of those experienced on Earth. It's their theoretical affect on artificial gravity (and therefore the people *inside* a Wing Commander space ship and not its engine-pods) that's a problem. Either way, Wing Commander makes use of two sci-fi loophole devices: "acceleration absorbers" and "inertial dampeners". Both are present in Wing 1.

Actually it's simply accelerational-loads...

1.) Engines accelerate
2.) Ship want's to stay still
3.) Engines pull ship anyway
4.) Pylons are being "pulled" both ways... they are attached to the ship... and the engine, the engine's pulling them forward, and the ship isn't responding so quickly...
5.) Thin pylons of the same substance aren't as sturdy as thick ones...

Look at the Fralthra... or the Ralari... those things look like they'd snap off with one bad hit...

And the real worrying factor is an engine-failure...

The ship yaws into the direction of the dead engine, and the further out the engine is on the frame from the center, the greater the yaw.

Putting the engines as close to the middle is a smarter idea. Putting them as far out as you can go is Stoopid.

Also, it's easier to take out an engine mounted on a pod, compared to one that was buried deep inside the ship's frame... look at the Hakaga-Design... engines run like 30 meters before reaching the outside.

Wait, this is all meaningless. A quick look at the WC1 script reveals that the fuel in question is for *fighters*. If you lose the mission, Halcyon reveals that the 'Claw will have to retreat since they won't be able to defend the colonies without the fuel. (Still, refueling capital ships has occured in every iteration of the series -- for instance, the Tiger's Claw steals fuel from a CommoCon in the movie... or how you pay 50 credits to refuel your fighter each time you land in Privateer...)

To first set of comments: Yeah, but why can't you just shift some of the fuel from the Tiger's Claw's tanks into the flight-deck's supply? Either way, they both use hydrogen for fuel... and how much fuel's a couple dozen fighter's gonna burn up?

To the second thing: You pay fifty credits to refuel in privateer because your ship runs on a slight-deficit, or burns up exactly as much fuel as it takes in... either way, you gotta shut the scoops off sometimes and dash, and other times you gotta jump... both of which we know drains fuel... and without a surplus, the ship will never regain it's supply of hydrogen back...

All of this assumes an evolution of the services that you've *assumed*, though. Although it's fairly reasonable to believe that the Air Force would include any sort of future 'space force', it's *not* reasonable to believe that the water Navy would automatically become a space navy. There's no direct line of evolution between an aircraft carrier and a space carrier.

Not direct, but it's pretty damn close...

1.) Aircraft
2.) Runway
3.) Mobile Runway (Aircraft-Carrier)
4.) Space-ships
5.) Space-stations
6.) Mobile Space-Stations (Space-Carrier...)

Actually there's a more complex explanation, but I'm too lazy to write it all down.

-Concordia

Fact is, there is nothing mounted to the wings of the shuttles. The booster rockets are external, mounted to the primary fuel tank that feeds the 3 main engines BEHIND the shuttle. The two boosters are solid fuel rockets, each containing the solid rocket fuel inside, they shoot away from the primary tank after reaching a certian altitude, the shuttle continues on with the huge primary tank still attached, feeding the 3 main engines on the shuttle, then after reaching orbital velocity and altitude, the tank seperates.

In as far as ordinance, here is another fact not many know about NASA.

NASA is an extension of the DOD. If it can be thought of, it can be done. Rest assured, the DOD has given hint to NASA to make room, if ineeded, to mount missiles or whatever other ordinance they deem necessary. Just because we dont see it publicized on shinning TV's on the evening news, or shown in design specs, doesnt mean they have not made provision for it.

But still, that's like a 10-fold increase in damage since the start of Wing-Commander... that's insane. We're not talking about just a 2 fold or 3 fold increase, which is a lot by the way.

Okay, quick review here... when you are arguing something *PROVIDE PROOF*. Ask the question *why* after you say anything. Don't just make up things. Just going 'it's insane' doesn't make it so. Why is it insane? We have a very clear history of how and why armor and shield strengths increased over the years -- down to the specific technologies and alloys that made this possible. There are plenty of historical technologies that advanced at a far quicker rate (computer processors, for instance)... so why is it "insane" that weapons would do the same thing?

Like in WC3? Are you sure? WCSNES was not like that at one bit...

No, Wing Commander 3 used textured 3D models. It's completely unrelated.

"WCSNES" also displays graphics in an entirely different manner. The SNES had nowhere near the processing power of a PC -- but since it was designed with games in mind, it had built-in 'tricks' for rendering graphics. Wing Commander made very intuitive use of its internal 'Mode 7' to display ships, something that was intended for scrolling and rotating backgrounds.

The original Wing Commander for the PC, though, has much more access to processing power -- so it directly resizes and reshapes bitmaps to display ships turning.

Hey, I'm allowed to use any information gathered in my arguments.

Yes... but, as this specific example shows, it's *not a good idea* to mindlessly regurgitate information without any of the understanding behind it.

But they are listed as unstable beams of energy. And energy follows certain laws of phsyics. Flak-cannons do not seem to follow them.

If it was a plasma-charge it might...

Here is the description of Flak Guns from Wing Commander's Claw Marks manual: Fighters provide the bulk of a capital ship's defense, but the largest ships in the Terran and Kilrathi fleets lay down heavy flak barrages which can bring down and ship in space.

Even if we were to go outside the specific topic of discussion (Wing Commander 1) and bring up the later, updated, definition for Flak Guns: Flak guns provide most of the side and rear gun protection for carriers. Computer-operated, they employ explosive energy bursts. Flak guns have medium range and high firing rates, and they diminish power more slowly than other guns.

None of this says anything about unstable beams of energy.

Yes, but a B-1B is MUCH larger than a B-17, and has much more internal bomb-area. It also has better engines.

EX-FREAKING-ACTLY! The technology has advanced over the past fifty years! What it took a hundred B-17s to do fifty years ago we can now do with a single, more powerful B-1. What it took a squadron of Raptors to do in 2654 you can do with a single Hellcat in 2673. Technology -- particularly military technology and particularly during wartime -- continually advances.

But I was trying to win the argument by saying "Hey, that's a spaceship that carries it's stuff internally, therefore saying that all WC fighters can carry weapons internally". My apologies...

Either way, it does seem more logical to carry weapons internally...

And in the future, when you come to the point where you can only continue the argument by making vaugely related and completely inane points, it would be best to simply concede. Clearly, ships cannot carry their weapons internally in Wing 1 -- it's a technology that isn't developed until Wing 3.

Actually it's not. The 3-4 kilometer long ship was an entirely-different class of vessel.

The ship seen in the intro to the movie (the 3-4 kilometer ship) is the same model as the Snakeir at the end of the movie.

Then they are colored differently at the pods, or use different shading, because the Diligent's pods look fatter.

No, it doesn't. One of the images is larger than the other. Compare the ships in WCView -- they're exactly the same.

Yes, but the Drayman, and Diligent are transports, and not combat-ships.

The Venture is a combat-ship, but it's not technically a capship.

So technically, there are no Confed Capships that are equipped with podded-engines.

All three of these ships are considered capships by Wing Commander 1 -- they're light blue instead of dark blue. Furthermore, you yourself included the Drayman in your initial claim of capshipuality. And even if they weren't *technically* capships (which, at the very least, the Venture is), how would it affect the argument *IN ANY WAY*? They're still large ships which have the podded engines you claim are impossible.

Yeah, but they're more like fins, and they're so thick it doesn't really matter...

It's okay when I say it's okay and no other times!

Actually it's simply accelerational-loads...

1.) Engines accelerate
2.) Ship want's to stay still
3.) Engines pull ship anyway
4.) Pylons are being "pulled" both ways... they are attached to the ship... and the engine, the engine's pulling them forward, and the ship isn't responding so quickly...
5.) Thin pylons of the same substance aren't as sturdy as thick ones...

The term is 'acceleration loads', and we already discussed why it's utterly meaningless in Wing Commander. The effect on a ship in vacuum is a tiny fraction of what it would be on an aircraft -- and aircraft commonly use engines mounted on pylons.

Look at the Fralthra... or the Ralari... those things look like they'd snap off with one bad hit...

Neither of those ships have 'podded engines'.

And the real worrying factor is an engine-failure...

The ship yaws into the direction of the dead engine, and the further out the engine is on the frame from the center, the greater the yaw.

Oh, yes, of course... I'm *sure* all the futuristic spaceships are designed *without* the ability to compensate for a lost engine that's common to all aircraft. Now, be quiet and I'll *pass* you the straws.

Also, it's easier to take out an engine mounted on a pod, compared to one that was buried deep inside the ship's frame... look at the Hakaga-Design... engines run like 30 meters before reaching the outside.

You just criticized a ship that's just like the Hakaga (the Ralari) for some kind of mysterious problem. Which is it?

To first set of comments: Yeah, but why can't you just shift some of the fuel from the Tiger's Claw's tanks into the flight-deck's supply? Either way, they both use hydrogen for fuel... and how much fuel's a couple dozen fighter's gonna burn up?

How much fuel does it take to propel and maneuver a ship at hundreds of kilometers per second? *A LOT*! And if you take fuel from the Tiger's Claw, you run back into the *first* situation -- someone still needs fuel (if it's even *possible* to take fuel from the 'Claw -- I can't put fuel from my boat into my car...).

To the second thing: You pay fifty credits to refuel in privateer because your ship runs on a slight-deficit, or burns up exactly as much fuel as it takes in... either way, you gotta shut the scoops off sometimes and dash, and other times you gotta jump... both of which we know drains fuel... and without a surplus, the ship will never regain it's supply of hydrogen back...

Exactly -- ships operate on a deficit. Ships which need to fly in combat don't have time to sit around collecting fuel.

Not direct, but it's pretty damn close...

1.) Aircraft
2.) Runway
3.) Mobile Runway (Aircraft-Carrier)
4.) Space-ships
5.) Space-stations
6.) Mobile Space-Stations (Space-Carrier...)

Actually there's a more complex explanation, but I'm too lazy to write it all down.

Again, this definition is based entirely on the belief that the water navy up and decided it'd run space one day. Which we *know* isn't true -- the Space Navy didn't even believe in using fighters for anything but recon and planetary bombing runs until after the war began. It seems completely reasonable that the a service which already existed (the Space Force) picked up the Navy's slack in 2634 when it became clear that the war would be fought with fighters.

Originally posted by RFBurns
Fact is, there is nothing mounted to the wings of the shuttles. The booster rockets are external, mounted to the primary fuel tank that feeds the 3 main engines BEHIND the shuttle. The two boosters are solid fuel rockets, each containing the solid rocket fuel inside, they shoot away from the primary tank after reaching a certian altitude, the shuttle continues on with the huge primary tank still attached, feeding the 3 main engines on the shuttle, then after reaching orbital velocity and altitude, the tank seperates.

HOLY COW!!!! RFBurns is correct and LOAF is wrong!!!!

It's....It's...... ARMAGEDDON!!! *SHREIK!*

(runs screaming from the room)

NASA isn't part of the DOD -- a quick GoogleSearch confirms that. Both have a stake in the shuttle project, but they're not the same organization.

NASA isn't part of the DOD -- a quick GoogleSearch confirms that. Both have a stake in the shuttle project, but they're not the same organization.

http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewnews.html?id=524

From what I've read on NASA's and US Government web sites, they do have some links, but they're not the same group, though they're starting to cooperate more closely on some matters. NASA has run satellites up for the NRO, but they're not the same organization.

NASA runs what could be called the 'civilian' space program, while the Department of Defense runs the military space program. They're seperate groups with seperate funding, but they work in the same field. :D

Originally posted by Concordia

Then you must really go nuts with Freespace, where there's a new tech, weapon or entire ship model every other mission.

Originally posted by Delance
Then you must really go nuts with Freespace, where there's a new tech, weapon or entire ship model every other mission.

I think they were complaining about how technology progresses in the games so that 12 cm equivalent shields become like 20cm by WC2, then 200 cm by WC3....

The jump from Freespace to Freespace 2 would be truly upsetting, though. :D

Can I make a suggestion? If these things in Wing Commander bug you that much, don't play it. You don't HAVE to play the game you know.

Originally posted by Philip Tanaka
Can I make a suggestion? If these things in Wing Commander bug you that much, don't play it. You don't HAVE to play the game you know.

Perhaps you don't realize the point of the message I'm posting. The reason is basically to illustrate what I like and don't like about WC1.

I basically posted my likes in one topic, and here I'm posting my dislikes.

-Concordia

I played Wing Commander 1 in 1991 on the Amiga A500 I loved it then and recently I got hold of the Kilrathi Saga which allowd me to play it on my P3 600 and I love it now...

Ive read your Posts Concordia and Im quite surprised you posted certain points, Graphics in 1990 used 256k graphics cards and above.... I dont think you understand how GOOD they Once were... These ships MOVED AND ANIMATED in SPACE at a time when EVERYTHING was Bit-mapped or Polygons that could be counted on one hand, to insult its Graphics in 2003 is like Telling a Doctor he should have used a Laser Surgical device in 1960 to save a patient its absoloutely astounding.

2nd of all The Lasers.....How do you not know that Light can be encased in a Decaying energy field that explodes on contact with Matter...? It is the 27th Century in WC1 and they have Carriers that can jump Light years away.....Perhaps someone re-wrote some laws of Physics.....Because something got found out!!

Or Perhaps its a 13 Year old game that spawned a legacy of Excellent games and should be LOOKED AT AS A GAME not a WC Technical Manual for Future Space Journeys.

"T"

No, Wing Commander 3 used textured 3D models. It's completely unrelated.

"WCSNES" also displays graphics in an entirely different manner. The SNES had nowhere near the processing power of a PC -- but since it was designed with games in mind, it had built-in 'tricks' for rendering graphics. Wing Commander made very intuitive use of its internal 'Mode 7' to display ships, something that was intended for scrolling and rotating backgrounds.

The original Wing Commander for the PC, though, has much more access to processing power -- so it directly resizes and reshapes bitmaps to display ships turning.

Well that wasn't exactly the point. I wanted to know with MOSLO running, will the ships turn as smoothly AS Wing Commander 3 SpaceCraft? Or close.

-Concordia

Back