There's a what?

Ice Viper said:
I never knew there was an alternate ending to WC4. A simple question: how do you see it?

There are several endings to WC4.

1) In the bar on Nephele, where you started (lose)

2) Executed as a traitor (lose)

3) Training instructor, flying off of the Intrepid (win; Origin official ending)

4) Admiral that's rather high up in the chain, ordering the Black Lance in to handle a rebelion of some kind. (win)

As for how to get to them...

1) Lose both Tyr missions

2) Failure any time after your decision to defect (even during the mission you defect in after making the choice)

3) Have Panther's morale higher than Hawk's

4) Opposite of above

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited September 21, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, what was the first ending you guys saw?

Mine was the bar. I blew up the stations in Tyr (during my newbie days, of course
smile.gif
), then I slunk into the living room and exclaimed to my dad, "I was fired!"

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

LOL. My first bad ending was the Execution squad (wrong decision right off the bat when I got to the senate
smile.gif
)

------------------
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Real heros wear SCBAs, not capes.--Me.

Maybe I was incredibly lucky that day, but the first time I spoke before the senate I chose exactly all the right answers.

------------------

I'm cautious by nature, so I did what Knight did
smile.gif

But before that, I already saw the execution squad ending several times after ejecting in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He he, I did it the first time too.

No, I don't know what you mean Q..... I didn't go around some WC4 walkthroughs before finishing the game, I didn't see which things you have to choose....
smile.gif

If they wanted a trick question there, they got it. I'm like Quarto (or is he like me?
smile.gif
) I'm cautious, and I took "rush in" as in hotility, which I didn't want, so I screwed up
smile.gif
Got it right the next time, and didn't have any more problems
smile.gif

------------------

Personally, I saw the 'evil Blair' ending first, but only because my friend Sean was at the end of the game when I walked in. ~LOL~

The first ending I earned was also that one, but then I tried ejecting in the 'Roast the Vesuvius' mission (sans F-Pak), and I saw the cool 'Traitor' ending.

And I didn't even know about the 'being fired' ending. I'll have to check it out!

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

I'm guess I'm not cautious, but I was nervous as hell when I chose the "Seize the Moment" choice, 'cause I don't think I had saved in a long time.

------------------

About endings 3) and 4), is getting one wingman's morale higer than another's simply a matter of taking them on more missions?

------------------
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

It depends on the choices you make during conversations with them. For example, If you agree with Hawk to go to Speradon and get the weapons, Hawks moral will go up, and if you go to Circe Panthers moral will go up. Same goes for flashpaking Ella, and some other situations.

I believe it works something like this:
WC3: You have to fly with pilots & agree with them in the conversations to get morale up. I remember one time I flew with Hobbes only and acted like a real jerk to the rest. (I was actually trying to see if you could finish the game successfully without Rachel or Flint ending up liking you. It led to me grounding Flint & keeping her grounded & rejecting all of Rachel's advances. At the end I still had to make the choice in the bar though.) Then in one of the briefings Eisen told me to stop being an asshole and well he's the boss
wink2.gif

WC4: Same as the above except the emphasis shifted to the conversation paths. Basically the more you agree with Hawk the higher his morale goes. Same for Panther.

And then in Prophecy, there's basically one conversation choice you can make to have a character act differently towards you. ie. Ignore Dallas in the rec room and he gets pissed at you. Yeah, I know it's not the same, but it's close enough.

------------------

If it changed the game other than how Dallas reacts towards you, it would be enough. Most people I know don't care about plot at all, so the "Esc" key gets used a lot. Me, if I pay any amount for a game, it will have dialog to some degree, and usually have some goal other than blow things up. I can get a few chemicals for free or dirt cheap and blow things up and that would be more fun than going out to buy a game and watching simulated explosions. Somehow, chemicals give me more satisfaction for the buck.
smile.gif

One of the things that drew me to WC was the game developers took the time to put together a story within a game. In a way, it's like an interactive book, one I don't mind paying full price for.
biggrin.gif

Well, he dies anyway. Does it really matter?
wink2.gif

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

That's one of my points. The least he could have done if you talked to him was put you in his will or at least give you financial advice.
smile.gif

Death's Head said:
I can get a few chemicals for free or dirt cheap and blow things up and that would be more fun than going out to buy a game and watching simulated explosions. Somehow, chemicals give me more satisfaction for the buck.
smile.gif

You can have lots of fun with an empty 2 liter bottle you have no use for, some draino and a small ball of aluminum foil (kids, don't try that at home. make sure you're in a big field no one cares about
smile.gif
).

------------------

What I want to do is get a hold of a bunch of cesium and throw it in a lake. Would be cool, and dangerous. Too bad francium is radioactive
frown.gif

Back