The Vampire Strikes Back (May 4, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Kris
has found a fantastic thread at Starship Modeler where a professional model builder, Alfred Wong, is showing off a Wing Commander project. It's a 1/100 scale model of an F-109 Vampire Space Superority Fighter (from Wing Commander Prophecy and Secret Ops)! This thing is absolutely stunning - I wish I knew who had commissioned it. You can see more of Mr. Wong's designs here. Wouldn't it be great if everyone could have a Wing Commander ship like this someday?

--
Original update published on May 4, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
That's one of the coolest things I've seen in a while (after the arena stuff)

Folks,

There's no doubt, if we scraped together the cash, we could commission Mr. Wong to create a master for us and find a caster to make these in resin. Having done such a venture in the past, however, I refuse to front my own cash, as people who commit without a cash advance tend to drop out later. If we could get together a group of people and pool the cash up front, we can do it. I'm probably considered too new around here to be trusted, but perhaps a member of the staff here would act as a "bank" for us.

You'd probably be looking around $50/kit if we could get 30 or so people to pitch in and agree on a subject. There's been no market for this thus far, and few garage kit companies would be willing to take the risk until we can prove there's a market to front the capital for future releases.

So, is the interest there?

We (the staff) would certainly be willing to both promote and act as a bank for this kind of project. You can certainly count me personally in for any sort of ship model sold.

I'll get the ball rolling and get some real costs.

Subject will make a difference. Do we want to go with this Vamp, or something else? Should we create a poll?

I would love to see some of the capships be modeled. I'd love to have the Concordia and a Waterloo sitting on my desk.

Absolutely amazing work too!

Dralthi Mk. I - it's the single most classic WC ship, after all. But any WC ship would be nice - that Vampire looks great!

hehehe, I think someone should sack up and remodel their car around a WC fighter, now that would be great to see a Geo Metro souped up like an Arrow.....

Looks neat, not quite as accurate as the one we had made during the production of WCP, but still very nice.

I wonder who has that model.. methinks maybe Mark Vearrier kept it.

I think we also had an alien fighter model as well..

Oh well..

Looks neat, not quite as accurate as the one we had made during the production of WCP, but still very nice.

I wonder who has that model.. methinks maybe Mark Vearrier kept it.

I think we also had an alien fighter model as well..

Oh well..

Were there any pictures taken of them? There have to be pictures, please, let there be pictures!

Thinking about it I would love an Excalibur Mk I with the Red/Black paint scheme. I always thought it was one of the best looking fighters.

And CaptJohnny whoever did get those is a lucky person.

Folks,

There's no doubt, if we scraped together the cash, we could commission Mr. Wong to create a master for us and find a caster to make these in resin. Having done such a venture in the past, however, I refuse to front my own cash, as people who commit without a cash advance tend to drop out later. If we could get together a group of people and pool the cash up front, we can do it. I'm probably considered too new around here to be trusted, but perhaps a member of the staff here would act as a "bank" for us.

You'd probably be looking around $50/kit if we could get 30 or so people to pitch in and agree on a subject. There's been no market for this thus far, and few garage kit companies would be willing to take the risk until we can prove there's a market to front the capital for future releases.

So, is the interest there?

I'm in.

I do have lots of experience with making casts and resin based models. the glitch? i live in Rio and can't paint shit. =)

Back