• Excellent

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Good

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Fair

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Completely devoid of anything interesting (it sucked)

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

T8H3X11

Spaceman
Alright, I absolutely and I stress absolutley hated this movie as I did FOTR. Of course you're talking to a die-hard Star Wars fan. Saw AOTC three times in the theater, 5 times on my computer (yes bootleg) between the movie release and DVD release, and twice at the Omnimax, personally on my number 1 list. First off The Two Towers as was FOTR was a bore. To slow, Elijah Wood was a wuse, the Visual Effects were to me below the standards of today's technology. The 10 thousand Hurakai made with this so called incredible software looks like their still in the pre-rendering stage. The use of Models is terrible ie. the wall that explodes at Helm's Deep looks too out of place, also the tower at Moriah when they pan up to the big ring in the sky definetly looks like a model superimposed with clouds. I don't think you're supposed to tell the difference if it's a model or not. That huge elephant was a little bit to fluid. Gollum doesn't even compare to Yoda. Yoda's shaders are way more complex than Gollum's. Also I felt they could have definetly cut it down to at the most 2 and a half hours. Alot of the stuff was...SNORE SNORE. So enough of my nitpicking, the votes are....Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor, Completely devoid of anything interesting (it sucked). You know my choice. There was only one good thing about it...every seat was a good seat, I could see my eyelids from every seat in the theater. HEHEHEHE.

I thought it was great! I think a few things should have been in there/could have been better...but! I still think it was one of the best movies I've seen.

First of all, Episode 2 was the worst load of cinematic crap since Mazes And Monsters. There's next to no redeeming value to it, despite my repeated viewings and hard attempts to find the good in it. At least, Star Trek 5 attempted to do a story involving God.

I did not pay to see Episode 2, but I would like my money back.

Frankly, I also found your review to be so biased as to warrent closing of this thread. If "dangerously stupid" is actually dangerous, it would be best to nip this in the bud before some fathomless and idiotic flame war started between the rest of the modern Western world who has an appreciation for literature and T8H3X11.

Fortunately most everyone here will know that most everyone here disagrees with the original "review" so much that it wouldn't be worth writing a response.

From an archers point of view it was actaully quite amussing at times. The arrows looked to be aluminium with uni bushings, the nocks looked plastic, there seemed to be bras nocking points on the strings (which I bet were dacron) and some of the fletches on Legolas's arrows looked like Kurly vanes to me. Haha. Of course I might be wrong and they just decided to model all the parts from modern archery equipment. :D

But it was a good movie though I was hoping to see the big spider at the end. What a cliff hanger ...

i'm a die hard SW fan and i loved it. it was way better than AOTC. yeah they got some things wrong, but they are trying to make a movie based on one of the greatest (if not the greatest) fantisy epics ever written. give them a break for the little stuff.

I agree with Aries

I haven't read all the books, I'm in the middle of reading Fellowship at the moment.

But I love the films

As with any Book to Film tranlation, things will be left out, as it's impossible to put everything into the film. I suspect that they will put extra scenes into a DVD release like they did with Fellowship (I have both DVDs, it's nice to have the Original Release and the Extended, plus the normal DVD has extras that the extended one doesn't)

Sorry there everybody. When I signed up for this I didn't see any sign that says everybody has to have the same opinion. I may have been a little harsh on the movie but it's still my opinion. But personally I can't wait until the Chronicles of Narnia comes out and possibly if C.S. Lewis' Space Tilogy ever gets made.

THX, no one said you have to have the same opinion. I too am a Die-Hard Star Wars Fan. btw, did you watch the BBC's production of the Chronicles of Narnia (They only made, Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe, Prince Caspain, Voyage of the Dawn Trender and the Sliver Chair, they were made in the late 80's early 90s)

The Two Towers was one of the best overall films I've seen in a long time. As far as book to movie translation, who gives a crap? No movie will ever give the same feeling of the book it was based upon. It was a darn fine movie.

Originally posted by T8H3X11
I can't wait until the Chronicles of Narnia comes out and possibly if C.S. Lewis' Space Tilogy ever gets made.

Been there, done that. The BBC did it in the mid-80s.

I know....I've seen all the ones they've made....but there have been pretty true rumors that they are being made for the theaters and are going to be high-budget films at that.

I just searched google and found narnia.com . IT has a movie section and it's official. The director of Shrek is directing it. They have some one writing the screenplay, and has some one in the wardrobe department and looks like it's in full gear.

Shrek + Narnia = My Burning Of Movie Theaters Nationwide Like Sherrman Burned The Confederate South

Originally posted by T8H3X11
possibly if C.S. Lewis' Space Tilogy ever gets made.

Much as I like C.S. Lewis, I really don't think this would be a good idea. Out of the Silent Planet and Perelandrea wouldn't really make good movies, imho. The third novel (name escapes me) might, but without the other two, its not quite the same.

Much as I like C.S. Lewis, I really don't think this would be a good idea. Out of the Silent Planet and Perelandrea wouldn't really make good movies, imho. The third novel (name escapes me) might, but without the other two, its not quite the same.

The third one is That or This Hideous Strength. I know it may not be the best trilogy for the screen, but it would be nice to see if some one could do it.

Back