The Thing, PS2

Col.Dom

Spaceman
Wow! The first game I've played in a long time that based solely on fun (in my own opinion, of course).

Has anyone else played it and feel the same way...?

He was charging $20.00 for an autograph or a picture or something like that at Dragon*Con. I didn't see him get many customers, but he still must've made quite a bit.

I'll be picking up The Thing on XBox later this week. Just watched the movie for the first time last week.

I saw the movie and liked the movie hopefully the game will be good like the movie. But i don't have a ps2 so i can't comment on the game.

Originally posted by ChrisReid
I'll be picking up The Thing on XBox later this week. Just watched the movie for the first time last week.

The original or the crappy John Carpenter 80s knock-off?

Originally posted by LeHah

The original or the crappy John Carpenter 80s knock-off?

I thought the John Carpenter knock-off was way better. I always had a soft spot for that film, though....

I always had a soft spot for old black-and-whites. My dad brought me up on the original Thing as well as reruns of Stooges and Little Rascals.

I remember seeing bits of that when I was really young... I was always scared of the Daleks... and about ten years later, there was a live one at our Powerhouse Museum. Ooh, nostalgia! :)

Oh, no, Daleks! They'll destroy us all! Unless... WE GO UP SOME STAIRS!

(To be fair, Dr. Who was the only show ever that could honestly convince you that Daleks were the horrible scourge of the universe even though they were easily foiled by stairs...)

Originally posted by Col.Dom

I thought the John Carpenter knock-off was way better. I always had a soft spot for that film, though....

I also enjoyed the remake a little more, or maybe it was just Kurt Russells cool cowboy hat. :)

BTW, wasn't the orignal thing a plant-monster of somekind? it's been forever since I've seen it.

C-ya

Back