The Ring

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Anybody see The Ring yet? Thought it was pretty good.. Not quite as damn scary as many people were making it out to be, but it was pretty spooky at times and had a couple good twists.

Yup, I saw it at a sneak preview dealy about two weeks ago.

I thought it was pretty scary at points... it helped that there was a big thunder storm and a guy randomly shooting people, though.

Saw it last night. Made me jump a few times, but it wasn't the "first truly scary movie in a long time."

I liked the part where the horsie went crazy and broke everybody's cars, but I didn't like that kid who called his freakin' parents by their names.

It took place in Seattle, and all those ferries and locations and stuff looked pretty familiar. I've probably been on that specific ferry that is featured in the movie (the Quinalt). I didn't think it was super scary, but it was pretty good. I really liked the effect near the end when Samara does the super-fast-pop to right in front of the guy. It's probably not entirely original (there's a monster in House of the Dead 3 that does that), but it's a nice trick. Lots of people screamed at that in the theater. I recognized the Samara's dad character that. He played a silly old Irish highway patrol supervisor in Super Troopers, so maybe that spoiled his scenes a bit for me.

You could see the boom mike a lot in the first half of the movie, it was sort of distracting... Too many assholes decided to get a big loud kick out of it, so I didn't notice anyone getting very jumpy...

I was really expecting something way more fucked up than Samara turned out to be. After having seen something like House on Haunted Hill, it takes some really wacky stuff to impress. About the only cool thing she did was that warp-step right in front of Noah.

Saw it Saturday. Not quite as scary as a friend of mine had told me ("It's the scariest movie I've ever seen," he says, yeah, well...), but it was pretty creepy.

Chris, I've never seen Super Troopers, but Brian Cox, who played Mr. Morgan, was the original Hannibal Lecter before Anthony Hopkins (anyone seen Manhunter?). He'll also be Gen. Stryker in X-Men 2 next year. Anyway...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Wow, did Apogee's Major Stryker get promoted?

Major Stryker sure deserved it... for killing all that stuff... and also I think he went through wormholes...

Back