The problems never end...

Shooter

Rear Admiral
After quite a strugle with my PC, I finaly managed to run ALL WC games under Windowz. But, I've got a problem now. WC1 and WC2 are just too damn FAST! I downloaded all those little program from the CIC files section but even so I can't menage to slow them down. Please help. Please.

By "all", do you include Privateer and Armada?

If so, we'd be very interested to hear how you did it.

As for your speed problem, Turbo should do it just fine. Then again, WC2 shouldn't be too fast to begin with, at least not while in flight....

Originally posted by Stinger

If so, we'd be very interested to hear how you did it.

O.K. . I have a AMD at 850 MGHZ with 128 MG of RAM a and a Nvidia Gforce MX, running under Windows 98. My sound card is a SB PCI 128. Inside the Windows directory there are two little files called "MS-DOS mode for games" and "MS-Dos mode for games that need EMS" or something. If you right click any of them you'll get acess to their configuration, Autoexec and Config. For Privateer I added the "files" and "buffers" lines and the SB Legacy startup exec.
I really worked.

Yea, you can't play armada or priv in windows. It has to be done w/ a dos reboot. But hey, if it works, why complain. At least you can play it.

Back