rolleyes.gif

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
Real WC fans support the WCESCRP

Last edited by a moderator:
I got WC Academy bundled with all my other Sound Blaster stuff, and I must admit I'm glad I didn't have to pay for the game. Um, did anything happen if you defeat the gauntlet? Is it possible? I just assumed it went forever. Then again, the Armada gauntlet finishes with a bang.
<Shamefully> I guess the Academy gauntlet is the only thing I haven't completed.

There are 15 levels to the Gauntlet

------------------
There is no God but myself. No destiny but what I deem for me. I walk my path and no others, for I am free.

The ending to the Academy gauntlet and the Armada gauntlet are remarkably similar -- a congradulatory text-screen.

Yeah, after all that hard work, you get a few lines of text. Ow well, at least it didnt kick you out to a dos prompt

------------------
There is no God but myself. No destiny but what I deem for me. I walk my path and no others, for I am free.

Ah, but the sheer satisfaction of finishing the gauntlet is worth much more than any animated ending could provide.

Alas, I've yet to experience that satisfaction
frown.gif
. I still can't get past the three Shok'lars in Armada Level 5...

Last edited by a moderator:
Never cared much for Armada's gauntlet. Didn't like how that game felt. Hard to put my finger on it. Thought the Academy one was far more fun.

------------------

Academy? Haven't played for a LONG time, but I recall being able to get further in a Broadsword than in the Sabre or Morningstar... Seems kinda strange for a bomber to do so well, huh? Well, with more flight experience now, I should be able to do better in the fighters, I guess I relied too much on the Broadswords heavy shields and armour before.

The same with me, it was the turrents and shields that got me through it.

------------------

I've found that the Ferret and the Wraith are the best ships for passing the Academy gauntlet... I believe I've successfully completed it in both.

As for the Armada gauntlet... the text-screen is more than worth it -- it's quite an ego-boost!

Ego-boost? as in "Call Origin, blah, blah"?

Funny thing about the Ferret, I find it completely sux in WC2. Well, maybe not completely, a rapid burst from the guns would mash a Drakhri pretty quick.

The Ferret was a thousand times better than an Epee at least. Its mass drivers could tear through just about anything. I Hated both the Wraith and the Kilrathi ship. I found that the Wraith actually maneuvered too fast and I kept on overshooting. Didn't like the reaper either. The Ferret only needed missles to be the perfect light fighter.

------------------

The Epee wasn't that bad, though the Ferret was superiour due to the little bit of extra speed. The armour gain on the epee didn't make up for the speed loss.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

I like anything with Mass drivers in the pre-WC3 games. The Sabre is my all-out favorite ship in all of the pre-Prophecy games, although I can't remember if it had Mass Drivers or not.

I just finished playing WC1...I like the Raptor better than the Rapier because of the Mass drivers. It does a LOT of damage without having an interminably slow refire rate. Screw those weak lasers and energy-sucking neutron guns on the Rapier...give me a Raptor and her Mass Drivers any day.

I agree the Raptor was much better than the RApier in my book as well. I liked the Wraith and finished the gauntlet with it. However it took me a while. The Broadsword was the easiest for me to get through it with. Liked the Epee because of the longer range of the guns over the Ferret. For a light fighter it is an adavantage to have that longer reach.

Hey, someone else who doesn't hate the Epee!

I don't think I beat the gauntlet in Academy in any ship, but I think I got the farthest with the Epee and Morningstar.

Yes but the Epee is physically weaker than the Ferret. While they have the same shields, its armor is nearly half of the Ferrets. A fighter is not much if it can't survive hits. And the Ferret fares much better on that count.

------------------

Yeah I liked those Particle Cannons. Good damage, great range. You could sometimes toast a cat head on, before he really came in range.

[This message has been edited by Shane (edited August 24, 2000).]

Back